Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4458 4459 [4460] 4461 4462 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15758948 times)

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66885 on: November 26, 2011, 11:48:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This picture made me smile today; also got a letter saying I can change my name now :)

I don't really get it, even though i chuckled

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66886 on: November 26, 2011, 11:50:32 pm »

The helicopter is sad, like a distressed mother, at her babies (the troops) leaving her/it.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66887 on: November 26, 2011, 11:53:43 pm »

The helicopter is sad, like a distressed mother, at her babies (the troops) leaving her/it.

I will now procede to facedesk.

*facedesk*

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66888 on: November 27, 2011, 12:14:06 am »

So inspired by the recent on this forum and my desire to enrich myself I picked up Plato's "The Republic". I read about a few pages of the preface learning some interesting things about Greece at the time and then decide to skip the rest and go straight to the book at hand.

Then I am dropped in an oddly phrased conversation about "what is justice?". I've gotten about half way through the first page and I'm struck by three things.
First of all, the word "justice" they're talking about is very different from the word as we know it, and that already something significant is being lost in translation.
Secondly, justice doesn't appear to be as universal and clear cut a concept as I had first thought. Were our philosophical conceptions of things such as justice founded during this time, possibly even by this book?
Thirdly, I think I'm going to have a hard time digesting this text, I seem to be pretty horrible at reading and understanding books easily. Which is odd, because I remember being very good at it. I feel like I've grown stale.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #66889 on: November 27, 2011, 12:17:56 am »

You will see that also in virtue. A virtuous man (because only men can be virtuous - see the origin of the term) is a man who can do things well.

As well, near the end you'll find a bit talking about souls. No religious connotation is implied here - the word today might be translatable to mind.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66890 on: November 27, 2011, 12:31:08 am »

How many (legal) jobs are there where I could wave around a packet of lube, asking, "What the devil am I supposed to be doing with this?"

Turns out nobody in the pharmacy at the time knew where we kept them but hopefully somebody figures it out. It's for surgical use, incidentally.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #66891 on: November 27, 2011, 12:44:30 am »

I'm bored out of my mind. This makes me happy since it means I'll be over Skyrim by the time the new quarter starts on Monday. And seeing as how I will have no free time at all during the quarter, I will hopefully have played enough Skyrim by Monday to get me through the quarter w/o the desire to play video games. 111 hours in Skyrim thus far! :P

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #66892 on: November 27, 2011, 12:51:39 am »

Secondly, justice doesn't appear to be as universal and clear cut a concept as I had first thought. Were our philosophical conceptions of things such as justice founded during this time, possibly even by this book?

It's an idea I've never really bought into.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #66893 on: November 27, 2011, 03:33:06 am »

How many (legal) jobs are there where I could wave around a packet of lube, asking, "What the devil am I supposed to be doing with this?"

Turns out nobody in the pharmacy at the time knew where we kept them but hopefully somebody figures it out. It's for surgical use, incidentally.
Sure it is.  ;)

Anyway, today marks twenty-two of my passes around our system's star since the day I was spawned. I would share my internet birthday cake with you all, but the forum only gave me one slice.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #66894 on: November 27, 2011, 03:40:05 am »

volo natalis tui est felicem
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66895 on: November 27, 2011, 03:44:37 am »

I have some too.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #66896 on: November 27, 2011, 03:54:52 am »

Congratulations fellow birthday-haver.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66897 on: November 27, 2011, 07:01:21 am »

My grad alma mater's football team had an epic comeback win yesterday. Down 41-14 with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, they proceeded to pull one of those "I have almost no lifebar left, so here comes my 42-hit UltraMegaCombo! HYAAAAAAAAAAHADOUKEN!" comebacks and scored 42 unanswered points to win 56-41. They scored more points in about 10 minutes of game time than many teams score in an entire game.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66898 on: November 27, 2011, 07:09:34 am »

Gosh, each time I listen to awesome remixes, covers of music, or originals, my ability to compose music gets worser every time.

I feel so uninspired... but those songs were awesome, and worth at least a single listen, despite it's ability to decimate my musical abilities.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66899 on: November 27, 2011, 07:17:49 am »

Gosh, each time I listen to awesome remixes, covers of music, or originals, my ability to compose music gets worser every time.

I feel so uninspired... but those songs were awesome, and worth at least a single listen, despite it's ability to decimate my musical abilities.

I didn't know we had a bonafide musical artist among us. Do you have a public discography that can be listened to?
Pages: 1 ... 4458 4459 [4460] 4461 4462 ... 13325