Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4455 4456 [4457] 4458 4459 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15763512 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66840 on: November 26, 2011, 01:51:18 am »

Notepad++ gives you the line numbers so hopefully you don't end up cutting your work up by accident.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66841 on: November 26, 2011, 01:58:48 am »

Google Docs is a pretty decent one for writing stuff. It has less formatting options than word, but it's all cloud side, so even if you are suddenly attacked by raiders who smelt your computer's hard drive into makeshift weapons, your work will be automatically saved up to the second at which they snatch your keyboard from your hands. You can also access it from anywhere you can connect to the internet, which is another plus, since even catastrophic hardware failures can't touch it.

There's also Notepad++, a better version of notepad which everyone should get if they don't have it already; it has a lot more features, though many of them are focused around coding. Not sure what if anything it has in the way of backups though, so it may or may not help you.

The OpenOffice suite has Writer, essentially a open source Word-alike; though I've had mixed experience with it in the past. Open source software, so take that as you will.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66842 on: November 26, 2011, 02:02:49 am »

In writing news, I DID IT!!! I BROKE 50000 WORDS AAAARARAGHGAHGRGHARGAGH YES I DONE IT! AH DUN IT!!!1!!

It's still not done yet though. Sigh.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66843 on: November 26, 2011, 02:04:59 am »

I'm going to experiment with Jarte for the moment.

In writing news, I DID IT!!! I BROKE 50000 WORDS AAAARARAGHGAHGRGHARGAGH YES I DONE IT! AH DUN IT!!!1!!

It's still not done yet though. Sigh.

Major high five bro!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66845 on: November 26, 2011, 02:26:17 am »

Hot damn that is a good commercial.

EDIT: For the love of... don't read the youtube comments. That should be obvious but I'm dumb and now depressed at people's stupidity. I can only cling to the hope they're trolling.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 02:42:27 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66846 on: November 26, 2011, 03:12:27 am »

Hahaha, instead of taking words away like it did for most people, the NaNoWriMo word counter actually GAVE me a free word.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #66849 on: November 26, 2011, 05:11:02 am »

http://my.firedoglake.com/teddysanfran/2011/11/25/best-marriage-equality-commercial-ever/
Wow, that commercial was really good. If only it would air in america D:
Aye, 'twas a good one. Ranks right up there with George Takei, or better.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66850 on: November 26, 2011, 11:41:14 am »

Mackarel sammiches. Oily fish is best fish.
*Hugs*

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66851 on: November 26, 2011, 11:45:30 am »

Mackarel sammiches. Oily fish is best fish.

*slurp*

I envy you...

Speaking of which, I'll need to convince my mum to cook me a sardine spaghetti sometime.

Yum.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66852 on: November 26, 2011, 11:51:19 am »

Blurgh. I must protest. Catfish/carp is the best fish.

Fried catfish with Louisiana Hot Sauce and a basket of hushpuppies = angelic choirs descend from on high to dance upon your taste buds.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66853 on: November 26, 2011, 12:40:54 pm »

Chicken burgers and chips with HP sauce and ketchup is best fish.
*Hugs*

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66854 on: November 26, 2011, 02:49:32 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:36:51 pm by MC Dirty »
Pages: 1 ... 4455 4456 [4457] 4458 4459 ... 13325