Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4449 4450 [4451] 4452 4453 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770800 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66750 on: November 25, 2011, 12:16:53 am »

I almost never swear, and I only do it if I get hurt badly.

Like the time when the inside of my mouth was cut, so I put salt in it but didn't put it in water first. I woke up everyone in the house with "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK".
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66751 on: November 25, 2011, 12:20:21 am »

I almost never swear IRL either, but this one time a few weeks ago, I had to save my sleeping medicine for taking during class, because otherwise I would be drugged and sleepy during a critical lecture. In picking it up to put in my pocket my mind wandered off and I swallowed the thing without thinking (like I normally do on non-computer-class days). I was like

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

because I would end up doing exactly what I meant to avoid.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #66752 on: November 25, 2011, 12:28:26 am »

I was raised similarly. I almost never curse (I prefer curse over swear) vocally, unless I am certain I won't be heard (usually typing it). It's nearly a celebrated event anytime I am either obligated to use any bit of vulgarity (like going to see the movie Jackass in theaters, and my sister bore witness to my conundrum), or sometimes when I talk to myself or vent. At those times, I get a bit creative with my curses.

Odd thing, since my teens, especially when some of the bullying I was receiving (oddly enough, more from girls by then) was getting a little out of hand, I've been encouraged to let my language barrier loose, and curse like a sailor if I ever needed to (with permission of the C-word even, if it really called for it (never needed to use it, with respect)). However, I think I'm better off minimizing my vulgarity. It allows me to be more creative with my insults/threats, unlike most foes I encounter which go off on "WHAZZUP BITCH!"  tangents in their crappy attempts to intimidate or threaten me. All I really need to respond with is a 'Bored Veteran' "Are you done?" (in a bored manner) and continue minding my own business. Most-any other time I would curse intentionally, I would have a time and a place for it to be a precision F-strike with some of the best comedic timing necessary to even get my intended target laughing.

I think any time you read any vulgarity in my posts, it's how I would casually say them in regular conversation. How I post is essentially me uncensored.

EDIT:
I think the only curses you would never hear me say would be anything relating to cursing God out. Too much respect for the dude, despite all the crap I've been put through.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:42:14 am by Itnetlolor »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66753 on: November 25, 2011, 12:29:39 am »

I swear all the god damn time in real life. I used to not too but then what I write on the internet started leaking into how I talk in real life.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66754 on: November 25, 2011, 12:35:31 am »

I'm a big proponent of words being symbols and thus cannot be inherently good or bad, so I don't get a god damn flying fuck about swearing.

I still avoid it though, just because 1) it's not at all a difficult courtesy to give to those who don't like cursing, and 2) arguing about it is a pointless waste of time.

Oh right, happy thread. Uh... Fuck yeah, swearing! Woo hoo!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66755 on: November 25, 2011, 12:39:42 am »

eheh...I am Captain Cluster-F-Bomb if I am outside of work and earshot of my daughter. Unfortunately for my stress level, this tends to be about 5% of the time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66756 on: November 25, 2011, 12:42:18 am »

The only reasons I've avoided it is swearing is mostly used as a lazy and (usually) non-classy way to say otherwise great things that could have been improved by being more creative with your wording. Sometimes you just don't have that creativity, though. Plus, I've never really found swearing funny in general.

To put it more precisely, I do not see the appeal. I generally swear more online (which is to say, still rarely) due to sometimes finding it oddly fitting with what I am trying to express.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:44:39 am by freeformschooler »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #66757 on: November 25, 2011, 12:43:15 am »

Oddy, I mostly type clean. But I swear a fuckton when I speak. So does my older sister and my daughter honestly.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66758 on: November 25, 2011, 12:43:41 am »

The Esper World is Gensokyo is Alternia is the Golden Land oh god what am I getting myself into with this setting. With the addition of time travel, I've probably doomed myself.

Dammit, I need to write more rules, not more flavor text and plot notes!

What is this you're creating if I may ask? Just curious.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66759 on: November 25, 2011, 12:44:53 am »

Oddy, I mostly type clean. But I swear a fuckton when I speak. So does my older sister and my daughter honestly.

That should probably be a metric fuckton. It's way more than the imperial fuckton.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66760 on: November 25, 2011, 12:45:23 am »

What is this you're creating if I may ask? Just curious.

A beautiful thing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #66761 on: November 25, 2011, 12:46:47 am »

I was raised completely uncensored.  My parents swore casually around me, and didn't have a problem with me doing the same.

So swear words don't really exist for me.  They're just like any other word and that's how I use them... and it allows me to get away with it all the time.  I don't swear often, in the sense that I don't emphasize any word for its vulgarity.  I just happen use swear words a lot, and people almost never notice.  I even used swear words in front of teachers in elementary school, and never had a single thing said to me or my parents about it... while other kids got in trouble for it all the time.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #66762 on: November 25, 2011, 12:51:27 am »

That should probably be a metric fuckton. It's way more than the imperial fuckton.

I said a fuckton. Not a metric or imperial fuckton. It's tonnage is like, huge.

I'd make an xbox joke but that'd show my age.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66763 on: November 25, 2011, 12:52:28 am »

Hey I had to carry those bitches for gamestop when I worked there. By myself.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #66764 on: November 25, 2011, 12:56:08 am »

Making an XBox joke shows age now?  I'm the old-timer who rants about the good old days before Microsoft entered the console market.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 4449 4450 [4451] 4452 4453 ... 13325