Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4438 4439 [4440] 4441 4442 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780008 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66585 on: November 22, 2011, 01:49:14 am »

Today marks a full two years of Knowledge Bowl practices since I've lost a match. (Though there were a few ties.) I love this sport so much. I wonder what would happen if I applied this kind of energy to my classes instead of just learning things.  :P

Only two unrelated competitions you are champion at?

I am dissapoint.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66586 on: November 22, 2011, 05:51:53 am »

I am pleased at the progress I made today even though I know jack shit about UNIX.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66587 on: November 22, 2011, 08:12:42 am »

So a fair while ago, I was asking my roomate some inane questions-
'who do you think I am?'
'brad'
'that's my name, but who am I?'
'brad'
'that's my name, but who would you say I am?'
'brad, high lord of horses?'

So that started a running joke, and it soon began to expand pretty rapidly into an alter-ego 'brad' who apparently was birthed from gods. Anyway, tonight I found out someone randomly put that on urbandictionary. So blah happy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66588 on: November 22, 2011, 10:55:53 am »

For a while there, I went by <realname>, Destroyer of Worlds. Had business cards printed up and everything. The joke was to play it as low-key and nonchalant as possible.

"Here's my card."
"So....what do you do?"
"Oh just the usual. You know...destroy worlds. Wow! So you're a botanist?"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66589 on: November 22, 2011, 11:39:50 am »

My daily views on DeviantArt record got broken again, now the bar is at 75 :D

And a good deal of those liked what they saw, also two watches and some requests for gallery features, hell yeah that made my freaking week man :D

Also did awesome on the exam (admittedly it was rather ridicilously easy), and another thing is that my parents are coming over this friday, haven't seen them in a while, should be good.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #66590 on: November 22, 2011, 01:10:22 pm »

My brother is getting a game me and him can play together with today!  We haven't done something like this since we got Borderlands last year.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66591 on: November 22, 2011, 01:12:32 pm »

What game would that be Toon?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #66592 on: November 22, 2011, 01:15:18 pm »

What game would that be Toon?
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One!  We're picking it up for a $1 at one of those rent boxes.  It's totally not worth any more than that.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66593 on: November 22, 2011, 01:19:05 pm »

After working Veteran's Day, and last Tuesday(normally my day off), I have two days off. I just learned that Thursday and Friday, I don't have to work. So, I'm taking next Monday and Wednesday off. 7-day weekend, hell yes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66594 on: November 22, 2011, 01:31:39 pm »

New Indie Bundle released just in time for bit of relax after completing my project. :) Also : Cookies!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66595 on: November 22, 2011, 01:57:55 pm »

New Indie Bundle released just in time for bit of relax after completing my project. :) Also : Cookies!
I wish I had a credit/debit/whatever card just to buy that. And yes, I'd pay more than the average to get Aquaria(Crayon Physics I already have).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66596 on: November 22, 2011, 01:57:55 pm »

So I am working on a statistics assignment here and have to write a story about containers.

Unfortunately I have next to no experience with box plots.

Sweet, I don't even need to pay more than average because I already have those games! Even better karma when I do so anyway!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #66597 on: November 22, 2011, 02:01:45 pm »

Sweet, I don't even need to pay more than average because I already have those games! Even better karma when I do so anyway!
Ditto.

Already have pretty much all of that as well. Although the tech demos do interest me; especially the Subversion one. Good for making random city maps. Plus, in case I lose another Steam account or something, good to have backups I suppose.

EDIT:
Behold the City of Itnetlolor:

EDIT EDIT:
@Darvi: Fallout reference maybe?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:06:45 pm by Itnetlolor »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66598 on: November 22, 2011, 02:47:59 pm »

Now I am disappoint that nobody noticed my play on words :V

But hey, almost done now. Woot!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66599 on: November 22, 2011, 03:04:26 pm »

So it's a $70 bundle, and the average payment right now is $3.47?

That makes me uber-sad. Especially when it's for charity.  :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 4438 4439 [4440] 4441 4442 ... 13325