Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4429 4430 [4431] 4432 4433 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783882 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66450 on: November 18, 2011, 10:47:42 pm »

My sister apparently setup a small campfire on the beach, despite the fact that it's windy as hell out, plenty of sea breeze, and so forth that can also make building one rather difficult. Just stopped by maybe an hour or 2 after it was setup, and it's still going. Had a campfire roasted hotdog. Turned out quite well. :d

What also adds to the neatness of the setup is that most-all of the houses by the beach don't have their outdoor lights on, so it really adds to the atmosphere of the local area. Pretty cool setup actually.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:49:17 pm by Itnetlolor »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66451 on: November 18, 2011, 11:06:54 pm »

I've been carrying a loaf of bread around and pointing it like a gun. My sister calls it Bread-chan because I am apparently obsessed with it. She's plotting to steal it or kill me with it or something (joking, hopefully) YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY BREAD AWAY!!!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66452 on: November 18, 2011, 11:19:46 pm »

Of course you'd be obsessed with bread. The real question is whether there are any shiny things you're treating the same way?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66453 on: November 18, 2011, 11:24:21 pm »

Daughter turned 5 today. Which means that 5 years ago, I was in utter awe and slight terror of my wife, who delivered our first child sans medication. Even after it was over, she just took a couple of Tylenol.  :o

Only now do I realize that she must be at least part-dwarf. I say part, because if she was full dwarf she would have gone to the nearest liquor store instead of the hospital. And paused only a moment to actually give birth before continuing to drink.  :P

We celebrated with cupcakes at preschool, and building our first fire of the season and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66454 on: November 18, 2011, 11:29:41 pm »

Of course you'd be obsessed with bread. The real question is whether there are any shiny things you're treating the same way?
No it's just "Bread-chan". Mmm, "Bread-chan" tastes so good. And she/he/it smells good too.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #66455 on: November 18, 2011, 11:38:11 pm »

Hiro just turned 7 on Monday.  Grim turns 3 in about three weeks.

Happiness:  Hiro reads well enough that he does most things on a computer completely on his own, including navigating the web to look up things he's interested in.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #66456 on: November 18, 2011, 11:49:02 pm »

Hurray for well-adjusted children! It seems like you only ever hear about the horribly fucked up ones...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66457 on: November 19, 2011, 12:00:17 am »

A new pair of 5 dollar headphones was easily obtained today. Maybe if I shelled out for something better, they would not keep failing me, but these are more than adequate for my needs and the next-lowest priced set I saw would have to last 4 times as long in order to win out.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66458 on: November 19, 2011, 12:15:12 am »

A new pair of 5 dollar headphones was easily obtained today. Maybe if I shelled out for something better, they would not keep failing me, but these are more than adequate for my needs and the next-lowest priced set I saw would have to last 4 times as long in order to win out.

I have no idea how you treat your headphones, but I have a 10 dollar pair that have not deteriorated at all (or atleast, not noticeably) in the last 2 years of heavy use.

Maybe it's just because I treat my electronic goods as though they were fine porcelain... it's kind of a paranoid mindset.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #66459 on: November 19, 2011, 12:31:47 am »

4.6 magnitude Earthquake centered on Omak, Washington, today. Even though it was more than 100 miles away, my house shook a little bit. I got a chuckle out of my brother sleeping right through a simultaneous Earthquake/Lightning Blizzard/*Highway Snowplowing/Fire Siren barrage. The weird thing is that Omak is nowhere near a fault. No foreshocks, no aftershocks.

Being so small, nobody was injured. It lasted about 30 seconds. Everyone interviewed reported that it sounded like a snowplow driving by, or possibly crashing into something.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #66460 on: November 19, 2011, 12:34:27 am »

Hurray for well-adjusted children! It seems like you only ever hear about the horribly fucked up ones...

Sure.  We just need to figure out how to decrease his interest in bizarre youtube poop featuring mario/luigi :P

I think he may be almost ready for DF.  He's been interested for most of the time that I've been playing it (just over a year), but I told him he couldn't play it until he could read...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66461 on: November 19, 2011, 01:37:56 am »

Going off into the woods and rain tomorrow. Luckily the work shouldn't be TOO hard, and I'm well equipped. COME AT ME RAIN!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66462 on: November 19, 2011, 02:55:02 am »

Half my professors are as lazy as I am and cancelled classes for the three days before Thanksgiving.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #66463 on: November 19, 2011, 03:17:19 am »

RIT's on the quarter system (for now at least); this is the last day of final's week, so we get the entire next week off between fall and winter quarter. Followed a few weeks later by a 3 week winter break awkwardly placed a few weeks into winter quarter.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #66464 on: November 19, 2011, 03:37:25 am »

Playing Skryim, and...!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4429 4430 [4431] 4432 4433 ... 13325