Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4424 4425 [4426] 4427 4428 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787531 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66375 on: November 17, 2011, 05:32:03 pm »

Alice was ahead of its time in looks, though, with great art direction... so it's one of those gems that ages really well.  Plus amazing Chris Vrenna soundtrack.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66376 on: November 17, 2011, 05:33:03 pm »

The music in "The World Ends With You" is freaking amazing.
Just don't look for the lyrics for "Give me all your love".

At least not where somebody can see what you're doing.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66377 on: November 17, 2011, 05:54:30 pm »

Oh hey it was my forum birthday yesterday. I thought that was in August.
But now I can have a birthday every 6 months instead of 12. Ohohoho I'm so nefarious.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66378 on: November 17, 2011, 06:01:57 pm »

My forum birthday is eight days before my actual birthday.

EDIT: Oh hey, that means it's almost my birthday. Happies here.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #66379 on: November 17, 2011, 06:33:49 pm »

Code: [Select]
║  ║ ╔═ ║   ║   ╔══╗   ╔═╦═╗ ╔══╗ ╔═╗ ═╦═ ╔═╗ ║
╠══╣ ╠═ ║   ║   ║  ║   ║ ║ ║ ║  ║ ║    ║  ╠═╣ ║
║  ║ ╚═ ╚══ ╚══ ╚══╝   ║ ║ ║ ╚══╝ ║    ║  ║ ║ ╚══

Heh.

So anyway, I picked up "American Mcgee's Alice", and decided to try playing it. I quickly realized it's incredibly dated.
Since most games are really far far too easy for me, I started playing on the expert difficulty...

Bad idea.
Modern games have made me go soft.
one thing I hate about modern games: too easy.
the hardest games are instead just complex, or scary, not genuinely hard.
Not true. There are plenty games that, while simple, are insanely hard.
Agreed. Super Meat Boy. Simple? Yes, insanely difficult? Big yes.

AM's Alice was a pretty trippy game for what it's worth. Some parts are easier than easy, and then SURPRISE DIFFICULTY! One particular battle will be making you want to smash your keyboard into the screen.

And speaking of modern games making one's skills go soft; After beating Fallout 3, I got back into playing Unreal Tournament, and I was getting killed like mad, and was no longer as insane a sniper shot as I used to be. My skill went from Godlike to Adept. I feel ashamed of myself for letting my FPS skills rust so horribly.

In other news, played some Katamari Damacy again after introducing it to my nephew. Nna-na-na-na-na-na-na Na-na Na-na-na-na-na-na-na~~~
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:44:56 pm by Itnetlolor »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66380 on: November 17, 2011, 06:35:18 pm »

Why, is Haskell particularly notorious or something?

Haskell is one of the very few fully functional programming languages.

Yes, it is. I've always had trouble learning it, but I may go back and try it after I teach myself COBOL.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #66381 on: November 17, 2011, 06:56:09 pm »

Oh Link's Awakening, you rock so hard.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #66382 on: November 17, 2011, 07:44:03 pm »

In about two weeks from now I should be able to participate in my very first D&D game and my first real-life pen and paper game.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66383 on: November 17, 2011, 08:27:49 pm »

When the hell did I become forum-older than other people? Seriously this is kinda freaking me out.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #66384 on: November 17, 2011, 08:55:22 pm »

Oh Link's Awakening, you rock so hard.
Oh Armok, this. This, this this this. It's hands-down my favorite, even beyond my nostalgia goggles. It's still just as good on subsequent playthroughs.

Note all the innuendo, too.

"You got Marin! Is this your big chance?"

"You look at the chest. Wow! This is a really nice chest!"

"Do you always go around looking in people's drawers?"

And then there's that witch in the forest with the potent substance, that when rubbed all over Link, makes him, ah, big and strong and come back after death. I could go on, but..
Oh yeah. Link's Awakening was probably one of the best LoZ games ever.

Right amount of difficulty, creative puzzles, interesting story, fun dungeons to raid. This list goes on.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #66385 on: November 17, 2011, 09:14:07 pm »

Link to the Past is still my favorite Zelda game.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #66386 on: November 17, 2011, 09:26:46 pm »

I'm still particularly fond it being my first Zelda game and almost my first game. Still I really enjoyed a number of them. I was going to list my favourite ones but then I remembered the Oracle ones which were pretty good too and I had great fun beating Zelda 2 for the first time only recently.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66387 on: November 17, 2011, 09:30:21 pm »

Woo for Zelda in general.
Except for Skyward Sword's controls as far as I've heard (Y u no have lefty controls, game?)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #66388 on: November 17, 2011, 09:31:43 pm »

I'm still particularly fond it being my first Zelda game and almost my first game. Still I really enjoyed a number of them. I was going to list my favourite ones but then I remembered the Oracle ones which were pretty good too and I had great fun beating Zelda 2 for the first time only recently.
Oracle of Time was great. Some real brain benders in that game. Kinda stopped my progress in Seasons though. Got side-tracked with doing work stuff.

But I am in agreement. Link to the Past is a timeless classic. First SNES game I had and beaten, as well as my first Zelda game I owned and beaten. Even the overworld themes from that game takes me back.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #66389 on: November 17, 2011, 09:35:54 pm »

Even the overworld themes from that game takes me back.
One of the things I loved about Wind Waker was the remixed Link to the Past music.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 4424 4425 [4426] 4427 4428 ... 13325