Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4421 4422 [4423] 4424 4425 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788697 times)

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66330 on: November 16, 2011, 08:56:33 pm »

I know that probably wasn't the intention, but that makes it sound as though by "serious stuff like politics" you're referring to video games and teen novels, which made me chuckle a bit. :D

Also, for my own happy, I decided on a whim to count all my jackets now that it's actually getting kinda-sorta cool. Counting suit tops and the like, I have 15. Which is about enough to have one for each day of winter, around these parts.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66331 on: November 16, 2011, 08:58:24 pm »

I AM TERRIBLE AT DESCRIBING HUMAN RELATIONS, I AM SORRY.

And by describing them, I mean that we made fun of them for thirty minutes straight.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #66332 on: November 16, 2011, 08:59:41 pm »

I know that probably wasn't the intention, but that makes it sound as though by "serious stuff like politics" you're referring to video games and teen novels, which made me chuckle a bit. :D

I had the same thought myself.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #66333 on: November 16, 2011, 09:14:01 pm »

Spoiler: Picture of Awesome +1 (click to show/hide)
Why is it that the WTF is always so happy?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66334 on: November 16, 2011, 09:24:42 pm »

Spoiler: Picture of Awesome +1 (click to show/hide)
Why is it that the WTF is always so happy?
FTFY

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66335 on: November 16, 2011, 10:11:44 pm »

Hehe, maybe I'll share eventually.  Not yet... we're still working hard.  Only one of the translations is really finished!

Squidhead may yet be a keeper =/  He supplied me with a cool math problem, linked me to Project Euler, and offered to teach me how to program in Haskell.  This was just after the second date, too.  Damn man clearly knows the way into my math-riddled heart >_<

I feel like I'm wondering whether I should throw The Little Engine that Could back into the sea.  In any case, he has truly admirable tenacity, so I'm slowly gaining a modicum of respect for him.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66336 on: November 16, 2011, 10:38:26 pm »

I've been looking at project Euler recently myself.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66337 on: November 16, 2011, 11:35:21 pm »

Hehe, maybe I'll share eventually.  Not yet... we're still working hard.  Only one of the translations is really finished!

Squidhead may yet be a keeper =/  He supplied me with a cool math problem, linked me to Project Euler, and offered to teach me how to program in Haskell.  This was just after the second date, too.  Damn man clearly knows the way into my math-riddled heart >_<

I feel like I'm wondering whether I should throw The Little Engine that Could back into the sea.  In any case, he has truly admirable tenacity, so I'm slowly gaining a modicum of respect for him.

The guy offered to teach you how to program in Haskell. HASKELL.

He's a keeper.

Also Project Euler sucks up a ton of my brain energy each day. Worth it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66338 on: November 16, 2011, 11:45:29 pm »

Why, is Haskell particularly notorious or something?

Either way, I'm seriously considering taking him up.  He clearly has a good sense of mathematical beauty, and more than that, he reads like a maniac.  I'm more classics/comic books and he's more sci fi/fantasy, but he's read a lot of good books and is clearly quite well-educated.

Plus, I think he quite possibly has studied as many languages as I have.  And he plays cello.

... =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66339 on: November 16, 2011, 11:51:08 pm »

Stupid thought of the day:

Today while frying some ham slices, I was in a hurry so I was cooking it at a much higher temperature than normal. The grease from the ham is splattering at me while I'm repositioning the slices with a fork, but the little grease droplets are getting stopped from touching the bare flesh on my hand from how hairy they are, and thus I avoid burn after burn. For so long I've been so embarrassed of my hairy hands, and finally they prove to be useful.

I'm sorry guys, but it would seem that I'm the next stage of human evolution.
Do it with no shirt on, and with bacon, and then maybe you can catch up. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Floating weightless in a cavern.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66340 on: November 17, 2011, 12:55:09 am »

Well, finding out about Project Euler probably counts as a happy thing. This looks like something I could use to get my CS skills sharpened up a bit. College has been dull lately.
In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars, and sought to better themselves for the good of all.
But we are much wiser now.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66341 on: November 17, 2011, 12:58:22 am »

Why, is Haskell particularly notorious or something?

Haskell is one of the very few fully functional programming languages.

Anyway congrats on finding an interesting guy.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66342 on: November 17, 2011, 01:03:43 am »

Squidhead
Yessssssss the idea stuck.

In unrelated news, nearly-melted brie on pasta is delicious. You can't quite melt it entirely because it loses the flavor but if you just get it to nearly-runny softness it's perfect. I just wish I had got a stronger-flavored wheel, but for 3 dollars I can't really complain.

EDIT: Also, on a scale of 1 to George Lucas Making the Star Wars Prequels, how terrible a person am I for thinking it would be a great idea to buy a top hat and name it Adolf Hatler? I would tell stories of how it devours other hats out of jealousy.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 01:28:55 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66343 on: November 17, 2011, 03:20:22 am »

I have just decided that before I die, I am going to learn Chinese and read the 5 great novels.

Seriously, bros.  It's a promise.  Just watch me.

I'll admit that this is also very important to me because I've been in love with various forms of Journey to the West and Chinese traditional music/opera since I was in elementary school and the school put on a performance.  I've been collecting different versions of the Arthurian myth over the years for similar reasons.

*sigh*

It's time to get really serious, guys.  Well, maybe after this semester is up, because I can't be too serious just now... clusterfuck is too large.  But I think it's about time to recognize that I've got talent in desperate need for diligent training.

Alrighty.  Let's move this show roadwards.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66344 on: November 17, 2011, 03:23:51 am »

Vector, the Scholar of Speech.

One day she'll know all of the languages, alive or dead. She will then use that knowledge to create the perfect language, that's easy to learn, perfectly clear, and contains at least 413 words for "math"
Pages: 1 ... 4421 4422 [4423] 4424 4425 ... 13325