Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4414 4415 [4416] 4417 4418 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15792942 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66225 on: November 14, 2011, 09:15:36 am »

Oh lawd, Malkavian was hilarious. Not nearly as much fun if it's your first run, I would imagine, so I'm glad I herped and derped with a Toreador "HURR DURR CELERITYAUSPEXPEWPEW" prick in my first run. XD

Turns out nothing is scary when you have a "Move at Mach 5" panic button at the ready.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66226 on: November 14, 2011, 09:18:20 am »

Today's xkcd, because cartography is another of my many hobbies/subjects of interest.

For the record, I'm a globe kind of guy. I don't often use map projections, but when I do I prefer Robinson.  8)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66227 on: November 14, 2011, 09:29:01 am »

Oh lawd, Malkavian was hilarious. Not nearly as much fun if it's your first run, I would imagine, so I'm glad I herped and derped with a Toreador "HURR DURR CELERITYAUSPEXPEWPEW" prick in my first run. XD

Turns out nothing is scary when you have a "Move at Mach 5" panic button at the ready.

Nah, it's pretty easy for me and I don't die all that often.  Sneak is high enough that I can hide in plain sight, my weapons are good, and my social skills are ridiculous.  Dunno how I ended up with enough XP, but hey, I'm not complaining :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66228 on: November 14, 2011, 09:36:15 am »

Nah, it's pretty easy for me and I don't die all that often.  Sneak is high enough that I can hide in plain sight, my weapons are good, and my social skills are ridiculous.  Dunno how I ended up with enough XP, but hey, I'm not complaining :D
Wait...I thought Malkavians were all about the utter lack of social skills. (Never played the CRPG, just the pen-and-paper way back.) They're the crazy ones, right?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66229 on: November 14, 2011, 12:24:14 pm »

Today's xkcd, because cartography is another of my many hobbies/subjects of interest.

For the record, I'm a globe kind of guy. I don't often use map projections, but when I do I prefer Robinson.  8)

My favourite has always been WT, and apparently that makes me a hipster~
I once had a map that looked kinda like the Dymaxion projection~
It was actually a globe model that I never put together~

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
« Reply #66230 on: November 14, 2011, 12:33:58 pm »

It's not new, but I just watched Storm by Tim Minchin for the first time.

edit: also I quite like this map. Suddenly Australians make sense.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:17:37 pm by rhesusmacabre »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66231 on: November 14, 2011, 03:19:06 pm »

I just wrote a 5 page essay in 20 minutes. How is this I don't even...

When I wake up tomorrow I'm going to have to do so much proofreading.
I'm the kind of guy who would say this too.
considering essays turn my brain to sludge.
Happened to me more than once. Generally I spend 80 minutes doing nothing thinking about what to write, and then I do it all at once.

And even if I start writing from the get-go, I end up derping around more often than not anyway.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66232 on: November 14, 2011, 04:25:10 pm »

Starting to feel the genealogy bug again...I foresee hours of digging through archives in the near-future. Also, I checked into what it would take to get board-certified and I think it would be quite possible.  :)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66233 on: November 14, 2011, 04:34:28 pm »

Forgot which office I needed to go to in order to file a form, was teased about it, and came up with this on the spot:

From my mind all things must leave;
My memory is like a sieve.
People, places, dates, and times,
Unremembered save in rhymes.

The best part is that I had to write it down, or I would have forgotten it by now.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66234 on: November 14, 2011, 05:18:01 pm »

This WAS going to be a sad or WTF thread post. I walked up to main street to draw 5-second or 10-second gestural drawings of people walking by. I was barely even looking at them, just glancing up to jot it down as a quick outline and pose. But I kept getting nasty looks from people, like quickly glancing at them from my bench was awful. I couldn't figure it out. My hair was fine, my clothes weren't on backwards, I didn't look like a douchebag and/or creepy guy, I wasn't giving anyone else weird looks, I wasn't looking at the womens' boobs, just quickly nodding and smiling when they saw me.

But that's when it hit me:

What these strangers thought or felt about what I was doing was not my problem.

So I kept at it for another half hour.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66235 on: November 14, 2011, 05:28:27 pm »

I just wrote a 5 page essay in 20 minutes. How is this I don't even...

When I wake up tomorrow I'm going to have to do so much proofreading.
I'm the kind of guy who would say this too.
considering essays turn my brain to sludge.
Happened to me more than once. Generally I spend 80 minutes doing nothing thinking about what to write, and then I do it all at once.

And even if I start writing from the get-go, I end up derping around more often than not anyway.
It doesn't matter so much how long I take to write a paper so much as when.

Those 20 minutes before an assignment is due is when I gain superpowers. I'm pretty sure if a bus broke down before finals I would carry it to the next stop just to make it to class on time.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66236 on: November 14, 2011, 05:57:08 pm »

Don't say that too loud, or the bus company will start to schedule maintenance on their buses according to your roster :P

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66237 on: November 14, 2011, 06:07:01 pm »

Those 20 minutes before an assignment is due is when I gain superpowers. I'm pretty sure if a bus broke down before finals I would carry it to the next stop just to make it to class on time.

Nothing scores you some sympathy with a professor like stomping into the room as the period ends to hand him a hot stack of papers covered in axle-grease finger prints.

Look teach, I'm turning this paper in on time if it kills you and me both.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66238 on: November 14, 2011, 06:09:38 pm »

New jacket for winter time. It is so comfy.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66239 on: November 14, 2011, 09:16:31 pm »

Wait...I thought Malkavians were all about the utter lack of social skills. (Never played the CRPG, just the pen-and-paper way back.) They're the crazy ones, right?

The crazy is actually what I was referring to. They spout fourth-wall breakage and spoilers all game long, and you'll miss nearly all of it if you haven't finished a non-Malkavian run already.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 4414 4415 [4416] 4417 4418 ... 13325