Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4407 4408 [4409] 4410 4411 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796072 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66120 on: November 12, 2011, 10:42:42 am »

this,

What the fuck?
No, that one makes sense eventually, its about buffaloes. this one is quite a lot more wtf.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66121 on: November 12, 2011, 10:55:54 am »

36,700/45,000 words for me. (I checked their script for the maximum.) As someone learning Japanese, that makes me feel a lot better. There are only ~6000 Kanji to learn, IIRC, so it can't be too hard to learn those. I mean, it only took me 17 years to learn six times that. Only 3 years to go, if I maintain a constant rate!  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66122 on: November 12, 2011, 11:16:29 am »

33,500. Meh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66123 on: November 12, 2011, 11:26:31 am »

37,200 for me. (Probably because I actually knew what oneiromancy is.)

Interesting bit about the correlation with verbal SAT scores. I had a 790 on the SAT back in High School, and a 780 on the GRE several years ago. My vocabulary is actually overperforming my test scores.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66124 on: November 12, 2011, 11:30:26 am »

I wonder how many people knew what uxoricide means by having studies Latin. I know I did.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #66125 on: November 12, 2011, 11:47:30 am »

I wonder how many people knew what uxoricide means by having studies Latin. I know I did.
Oh yeah. Mine was a little lower than most here, only 22,000 or so, but still above average for my age.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66126 on: November 12, 2011, 11:49:10 am »

LOL...that was the only one on that page that I didn't know. I know it's murdering something, but I don't know what the root "uxor" is.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66127 on: November 12, 2011, 11:51:17 am »

Means "spouse". So yeah, killing your wife.

Also holy crap I have now finished watching those videos. I guess those nights I spent on the Nightmare Fuel pages of TvTropes made me all kinds of jaded. What a shame that the last two haven't been subbed yet.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #66128 on: November 12, 2011, 12:47:49 pm »

Imbroglio, I must say, is a brosome word, by the way.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66129 on: November 12, 2011, 01:31:09 pm »

Got a new bike. So much -squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!-
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66130 on: November 12, 2011, 01:52:19 pm »

Oh joy I just finished D/Ling Skyrim on my brother's steam account.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66131 on: November 12, 2011, 02:17:51 pm »

I feel so small now, I only got 29,200.

:(

And this with a 800 SAT score - I'm well below average for my score range. >weeps<

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66132 on: November 12, 2011, 02:40:40 pm »

Just retook it and got a 30000~
Those average out to 28200~
Either way, I'm above average for my age bracket~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66133 on: November 12, 2011, 02:53:09 pm »

This is a stupid question, and I know this thread isn't really suited to it, but:

What do you guys think counts as an extra-curricular activity?  I'm applying to international student housing, and I'm not sure if I have anything to list other than my poetry translation stuff.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66134 on: November 12, 2011, 02:56:43 pm »

Extracurriculars are usually productive things you do with other students outside the regular curriculum. But nowadays its generally "anything you do that you think sounds impressive", really.
Pages: 1 ... 4407 4408 [4409] 4410 4411 ... 13325