Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4405 4406 [4407] 4408 4409 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15797056 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66090 on: November 12, 2011, 03:27:03 am »

Ok, well, I'll assume for now that it's possible anyway. Thanks! Psychological warfare, commence!

I am a horrible person. It fills me with glee.

EDIT: Just noticed the new title. I am in agreement with Vector.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:30:00 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66091 on: November 12, 2011, 03:38:19 am »

EDIT: Just noticed the new title. I am in agreement with Vector.

I feel obligated to say something about this, but I don't know what.

So how about Skyrim?  I just want to know... does it play smoothly?  Because I really wanted to like Oblivion and Fallout 3... but the clumsiness of the controls and overall feel of gameplay was just unbearable.  Nothing breaks a game for me more than an unnatural and unresponsive interface.  Dwarf Fortress is a very notable exception.  I wasn't very interested in Skyrim, but people are going so crazy over it that I can't help but wonder if I should give Bethesda one more shot.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #66092 on: November 12, 2011, 03:46:21 am »

The controls are pretty responsive, although you might want to tweak the mouse sensitivity a bit. Also, make sure your ram is free.

I'm just having fun with the crafting for the moment though, turning iron into gold.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #66093 on: November 12, 2011, 03:48:14 am »

Skyrim, to me. Feels solid. Now I liked modded oblivion, fallout 3 in short bursts, and loved New vegas. BUt they're all somewhat flimsy feeling. Skyrim to me doesn't have that. In fact it's surpised me. Things just react in ways that feel natrual to me. Hell I killed a giant not by standing on a rock and shooting at it, I was ducking through passage ways it couldn't fit in and moving in ways that took advantage of his larger size on average to me. And I managed to kill him without a scratch through movement in a way that made sense.

That's just an impossibility in the other games. Completely. Either the pathfinding would break and make it a cakewalk or you'd get caught up on things and die.

Now... I can imagine the menus for the PC would bother some people. But I personally like them. They're somewhat consolish Ill give, but they still feel nice to me. I especially love how I don't need to fumble around with a stupid quick wheel menu and I can just list items I'd like quick access to and go into a small menu that pauses time to access them from. I know some people might even complain about THAT but think, if you have potions you might wanna drink in the middle of I dunno... A fight? Would it REALLY be that hard to reach them? Or would you have quick access to them? Yeah I thought so.

I recommend it so far and I'm not THAT much in. But if you're really on the fence I'd find a way to give it a try first.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #66094 on: November 12, 2011, 03:56:20 am »

Thanks.  I'll find some way to try it out.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66095 on: November 12, 2011, 04:00:11 am »

Yeah, I've not played it, but it seems pretty solid from what I've seen~
Bethesda also managed to finafuckingly make nice character models~

Meanwhile, >゜))))彡 .。o○ >゜))))彡 .。o○

http://testyourvocab.com/
I got a 26400~~

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66096 on: November 12, 2011, 04:12:48 am »

Fish title makes me happy.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #66097 on: November 12, 2011, 04:22:35 am »

I just realised I haven't had pancakes in a long, long time.. I think I'm gonna make pancakes for dinner. Crisp, raspberry jam'd pancakes. Screw my low-sugar intake, I need a good dinner to go with thia great morning.
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #66098 on: November 12, 2011, 04:23:29 am »

http://testyourvocab.com/
I got a 26400~~

I got 25900.  I feel inferior!!  Many of those words I know I've understood in the past when seen in context, but couldn't say off the top of my head what exactly they mean.

Edit:  Ack!!  I'm below average for my age!  This is unacceptable!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 04:25:04 am by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66099 on: November 12, 2011, 04:27:09 am »

32,5K.

Wat.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66101 on: November 12, 2011, 04:36:54 am »

Where does one check this? If it can also be done by rationality that would be kickass.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #66102 on: November 12, 2011, 04:42:37 am »

Where does one check this? If it can also be done by rationality that would be kickass.

There was a link buried in all that text after you take the test.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66103 on: November 12, 2011, 04:45:25 am »

I got a 27,100 in that test, give or take.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66104 on: November 12, 2011, 04:45:46 am »

Huzzah, above average. Although I didn't submit my SAT score because I can't honestly remember if I took it or not. That may skew the number a bit.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 4405 4406 [4407] 4408 4409 ... 13325