Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4388 4389 [4390] 4391 4392 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15748635 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: [☢] Things Reimu found in pripyat today thread (CIRNOBYL?!) (Happy Thread)
« Reply #65835 on: November 08, 2011, 07:22:34 am »

Just finished reading the latest diskworld novel, snuff.

I must have gotten dust in my eyes or something, and that's what's making them water.

Sir Pterry went and kicked a debilitating disease in the shins, and came out on top.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65836 on: November 08, 2011, 11:12:44 am »

This made me happy today.

I apologize ahead of time for my shitty music.

It's cute how the punching bag is right at her face~
If I didn't know any better, I'd assume you were training her to aim specifically at that point~

Muahahaha.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65837 on: November 08, 2011, 11:38:47 am »

Woke up early to ensure I'd be on the computer at the proper time to register for classes only to find out that rather than at 8 am like it usually is my sign up is for about 12 pm. Why is this good? Because prior to that I double checked my ILP (basically a list of the classes I'm taking over the next few years at college) and found that one of the classes I was going to take I wasn't even qualified for because I was taking the prereq during the same semester. I swap it with a class I was suppose to take next fall semester and double checking that class I realize the class I swapped in is only available during spring semesters anyway. The teacher for the only class I have before signups today happens to be my advisor as well who is suppose to be checking for these issues. He hasn't been doing a good job of getting back to me on my ILP anyway when we were going over it before.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #65838 on: November 08, 2011, 12:42:34 pm »

It's finally cold in my room.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #65839 on: November 08, 2011, 02:29:12 pm »

Power is back on at our house. That was... Strange.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65840 on: November 08, 2011, 03:29:17 pm »

Found an unopened collection of interactive fiction games at Goodwill last night--two, actually, although I only picked up the Adventure set, as the Comedy set didn't really appeal to me at the time. For reference, it's an Activision collection on CD-ROM (Windows 95 compatible! :P) of some games from the Infocom days. Granted, I could just play the ROMs on winfrotz, but I am totally digging having some memorabilia from the company that defined a big part of my childhood, even though I caught on after they were long gone.

I'm going to save opening the box for when I need to feel awesome. Maybe Friday, since I'm planning a big push to get caught up on NaNoWriMo.

Oh, and also? Eclipse Phase. Been reading through the pdf a little bit, and I am totally enamored with the idea of playing an uplifted Raven information/morph broker. Who possibly has a fork that goes out and does stuff more appropriate to a free agent / PC in order to keep from getting bored. And asks people how a raven is like a writing desk.

And that's very low-concept as far as possible characters go. I've barely even scratched the surface of the setting, and it's already yielding 200% more awesome than pretty much any other game book I've read. I don't know why I waited so long before checking it out. Shame I probably won't get to play it any time soon, but there ya go.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65841 on: November 08, 2011, 04:05:14 pm »

I solved 100boxes.

Which was aggravatingly simple in retrospect.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65842 on: November 08, 2011, 04:16:30 pm »

The heavy crossbow in Fallen Earth is awesome, even with its slowness.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65844 on: November 08, 2011, 05:10:01 pm »

I swear to God, if I have to watch that dog escape death by inches again, I'm going to beat her to death myself.

That being said, dog's fine.  Holy shit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65845 on: November 08, 2011, 05:29:04 pm »

I swear to God, if I have to watch that dog escape death by inches again, I'm going to beat her to death myself.

That being said, dog's fine.  Holy shit.
Is it getting run over on the road? One of our dogs loves to go hold up cars, despite repeated attempts to discourage her. It's really worrying.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #65846 on: November 08, 2011, 06:02:11 pm »

Next time she does that, take her inside and, instead of punishing her directly, just sort of ignore her for a day. By that, I mean you should take care of her and all, but avoid looking at her, don't play with her, etc. If she's well-trained enough to recognize you as the head of the pack, she'll recognize the behavior as "don't do that".

Also happy in an odd sort of way. I had to chase a chipmunk (or squirrel? It was smaller than most of the squirrels here) out of the garage. I'm happy because our vermin is mostly limited to rodents that usually hibernate and tend to not actually do anything to humans, rather than, say, Itnetlolor's demon-spiders from the Far Realms.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65847 on: November 08, 2011, 06:15:34 pm »

Next time she does that, take her inside and, instead of punishing her directly, just sort of ignore her for a day. By that, I mean you should take care of her and all, but avoid looking at her, don't play with her, etc. If she's well-trained enough to recognize you as the head of the pack, she'll recognize the behavior as "don't do that".
I do, she doesn't get her traditional coming inside treat, and I wave my finger at her and say, "Bad girl."

I'm pretty sure she understands that she's not supposed to go off the property, but I think the allure of chasing people is too great.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #65848 on: November 08, 2011, 06:35:30 pm »

Playing Guitar Hero 5, I discovered four things.  First, you can play songs with singers whose genders don't match your own singer's.  Second, you can unlock Shirley Manson to play for you.  Third, you can set who your bandmates are.  I set mine to an all-girl band, with Shirley as my frontwoman.  Finally, the song "Under Pressure" is playable... I may have invented the sexiest thing ever.  David Bowie and Freddie Mercury's voices coming out of Shirley Manson, once you get past the "oh, that's somewhat disturbing" phase, is so hot.  It's like an audio threesome.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65849 on: November 08, 2011, 07:14:46 pm »

Ah, the power of a remixed song of a game you are nostalgic for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kZZG8VmOSk
Pages: 1 ... 4388 4389 [4390] 4391 4392 ... 13325