Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4378 4379 [4380] 4381 4382 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753243 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: [☢] Things Reimu found in pripyat today thread (CIRNOBYL?!) (Happy Thread)
« Reply #65685 on: November 05, 2011, 01:08:43 pm »

Oh, Oooh. I see it now.
Hehe.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things cirno was shot out of today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #65686 on: November 05, 2011, 01:10:06 pm »

I should probably get back to FFIV soon enough, too, because I'm sort of wondering what Cecil and crew are going to accidentally destroy next.

While I did praise the game's writing earlier, get used to this wonder.  It stays with you through the whole game, because I don't think there's a single time that a plan works as intended.

Also, I bought Masquerade: Bloodlines in the Steam Halloween sale.  I ought to give it a try, by the sound of things, although I have this feeling I'll be disappointed by a lack of firebombing, apparently?

Welp, that's what the GTA pack is for.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65687 on: November 05, 2011, 01:25:44 pm »

Oh, Oooh. I see it now.
Hehe.

It's funny because Russians pronounce Cirno like Syrno~

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things cirno was shot out of today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #65688 on: November 05, 2011, 01:41:53 pm »

Masquerade is pretty great, too, though I bemoan the fact that I can't set my apartment on fire.
The old game from 1999?

Nah, this is Bloodlines.  It definitely gets better once you have a basic understanding of the controls, though they still won't permit you to recklessly commit arson.  I'm just looking forward to getting some more covering clothing, because man... >_> <_<

Still, I'm enjoying myself quite a bit.

I should probably get back to FFIV soon enough, too, because I'm sort of wondering what Cecil and crew are going to accidentally destroy next.
It's a pity that the game falls apart so much right at the end. The ending is killer though.

Some good advice... don't open it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65689 on: November 05, 2011, 02:09:05 pm »

Yesterday, another food charity organization dropped off a bunch of stuff for us*, including a shitload of candy. Seriously, it looked like a bunch of parents stole their kids' Halloween bags and donated them to charity.

Of course I managed to grab a bag.

*Oftentimes, other organizations have to open space in their warehouses, so they dump their stuff on us, along with the burden of getting it to people
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65690 on: November 05, 2011, 02:09:06 pm »

I just found a dead guy with a bomb strapped to his chest or something. And a gauss rifle :)

Well, it made me happy, I guess. The bomb, not the rifle.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65691 on: November 05, 2011, 02:12:29 pm »

Ren & Stimpy soundtrack while doing my behind-schedule NaNoWriMo thing. So classy.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65692 on: November 05, 2011, 02:25:28 pm »

I'm also enjoying all the Romeo and Juliet references.  And seducing women in bars for free blood :D  Basically, I'm going with the high int/high cha variant.

I do want to play a guy in a different runthrough, though.  I'm hoping the dialogues are different.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #65693 on: November 05, 2011, 02:29:37 pm »

and there goes another yakuman on my list, the elusive paarenchan

in mahjong, if the dealer wins the round, you get a dealer-repeat. that's an additional round, without advancing the game.

if you win 8 consecutive dealer-repeats, no matter the hand, it counts as yakuman.

this hand can be excruciatingly hard to get, because you need to win fast, very fast. and more importantly, cheap. you have to win 8 times, without knocking any of your opponents below zero, ending the game.

also, it's the yakuman hitler used to kill the pope

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #65694 on: November 05, 2011, 02:32:57 pm »

If I remember, and I'm not sure if I remember right, I think for male characters the dialog was a little diffrent but not really different enough to warrant another play. Really I think they just gave female characters more options,  especially since I think there's ONE character male characters can use seduction on that's not just for blood.

It's a fun game though, even if guns are kinda... Well underpowered till pretty late in the game. Oh well, hedge cutter for the win!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65695 on: November 05, 2011, 02:34:43 pm »

I'm also enjoying all the Romeo and Juliet references.  And seducing women in bars for free blood :D  Basically, I'm going with the high int/high cha variant.

I do want to play a guy in a different runthrough, though.  I'm hoping the dialogues are different.
You should play a malkavian. They have the sanity, all of it... and then some.

Seriously, the main character becomes a crazy psychic with weird and frequently funny lines. Malkavians aren't actually supposed to be uber psychics (at least not the low level ones), but meh, it's awesome.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #65696 on: November 05, 2011, 02:42:46 pm »

Really if you want the most dialog options, a female malkavian with persuasion AND seduction get's the most choices most of the time. Since you have the madness powers, and two ways to get people to do what you want.

And now talking about this is making me wanna finally give the PnP game a try for real. Gaahhh damn you white wolf and your shitty game systems.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65697 on: November 05, 2011, 02:47:32 pm »

Really if you want the most dialog options, a female malkavian with persuasion AND seduction get's the most choices most of the time. Since you have the madness powers, and two ways to get people to do what you want.

... Oddly enough, that is precisely what I am already playing.

Well, then :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65698 on: November 05, 2011, 02:48:01 pm »

And now talking about this is making me wanna finally give the PnP game a try for real. Gaahhh damn you white wolf and your shitty game systems.
Maybe we should get a PnP group together for it.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #65699 on: November 05, 2011, 02:48:38 pm »

I'd be up for that. The game's fun, and you're all making me want to buy it.
Pages: 1 ... 4378 4379 [4380] 4381 4382 ... 13325