Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4376 4377 [4378] 4379 4380 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754746 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things cirno was shot out of today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #65655 on: November 04, 2011, 10:53:55 pm »

Well I'm not even done with clear sky yet, and I'm at 650 dead stalkers. More than last time.

With these damn kill counts how is there ANYONE left alivein the zone anymore?!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65656 on: November 04, 2011, 10:56:28 pm »

I hope you're playing the original SNES version, or the PSX rerelease.  The GBA one changed some stuff I wasn't comfortable with, not least being the translations and the addition of a bunch of Superboss endgame stuff that I feel detracted from the proper feel of the ending (letting you play with characters who... shouldn't be there, for instance).  It's a really good game though, maybe better than FF6 in pure gameplay terms.

Yeah, it's an SNES version.  Pretty cute, too.  I like how I'm less than an hour into the game and I've already gotten booted out of a military organization, destroyed two villages, killed a little girl's mother, watched an in-battle earthquake do something on the main map (!), killed a dragon... oh, and I'm about two minutes away from my second dungeon.

Cecil is loaded for bear :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65657 on: November 04, 2011, 11:01:49 pm »

Oh.. it was FF4.. not 6.. IV and not VI.. something must have distracted me..

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #65658 on: November 04, 2011, 11:04:45 pm »

So my aunt sent me a package with this set of cookies about a week ago, maybe as congratulations and encouragement for my first semester at the university, or maybe just because.

Three minutes before midnight is a terrible time to sample sweets when one wants to actually go to sleep soon, but the first one was delicious. >_<

On the other hand, that means there are only five left for later...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65659 on: November 04, 2011, 11:05:58 pm »

Yeah, it's an SNES version.  Pretty cute, too.  I like how I'm less than an hour into the game and I've already gotten booted out of a military organization, destroyed two villages, killed a little girl's mother, watched an in-battle earthquake do something on the main map (!), killed a dragon... oh, and I'm about two minutes away from my second dungeon.

Fantastic, you're in good form then.

Cecil is one of my favorite characters from the series, partly because he is a bit different from the "traditional" JRPG lead character, but not an iconoclast or anything.  He's a relatively normal guy, a Good Soldier, who wants to serve his kingdom and his king as a knight should, and finds out he's the best chance the world has to stop a problem way bigger than himself.  He complains, but his complaints are rational.  He charges around the world from one plotpoint to the next, but he always has a good reason to, if for a lack of choices if nothing else (FF4 is a great example of how to pace a linear story).  He's also not a pretty boy or magic child, but a badass hardened veteran, who still manages to... I won't spoil it for you.

And I love that intro.  The Red Wings Theme is such a fantastic song for a chiptune, and its used in exactly the right places throughout the game.

Spoiler: SPOILER TIME (click to show/hide)
  :P

Spoiler: Works like a charm. (click to show/hide)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #65660 on: November 04, 2011, 11:16:48 pm »

Well I'm not even done with clear sky yet, and I'm at 650 dead stalkers. More than last time.

With these damn kill counts how is there ANYONE left alivein the zone anymore?!
Resurrection anomalies? Maybe the reason blowouts glow red is because it's rebuilding more bodies for you to gun down the next time around.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65661 on: November 04, 2011, 11:24:22 pm »

I gotta say, I am pretty pissed at my inability to kill these zombies.  Durned Cecil.  Might have to go outside and keep training Rydia, because her defense is terribad and it feels weird to waste this much MP on one fight...

EDIT: Oh come on, Tella, that is way too OP >:I  No way this guy is going to stick around for long.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:37:04 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #65662 on: November 04, 2011, 11:43:10 pm »

Okay, so I've got this weekend off, a preposterous quantity of caffeine, a ton of macaroni and cheese that I can fancy up with leftover sandwich ingredients, and Act 5 of Homestuck yet to read. Let's do this thing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65663 on: November 05, 2011, 12:17:24 am »

Fantastic, you're in good form then.

Cecil is one of my favorite characters from the series, partly because he is a bit different from the "traditional" JRPG lead character, but not an iconoclast or anything.  He's a relatively normal guy, a Good Soldier, who wants to serve his kingdom and his king as a knight should, and finds out he's the best chance the world has to stop a problem way bigger than himself.  He complains, but his complaints are rational.  He charges around the world from one plotpoint to the next, but he always has a good reason to, if for a lack of choices if nothing else (FF4 is a great example of how to pace a linear story).  He's also not a pretty boy or magic child, but a badass hardened veteran, who still manages to... I won't spoil it for you.

And I love that intro.  The Red Wings Theme is such a fantastic song for a chiptune, and its used in exactly the right places throughout the game.

Spoiler: SPOILER TIME (click to show/hide)
  :P

Spoiler: Works like a charm. (click to show/hide)

Final Fantasy VI is pretty high on my favorite RPGs of all time. Even if the plot isn't made up of solid gold storytelling, the gameplay itself was really really well-crafted. Only played a bit of FFIV though, but it looked like a well-done game too.

Speaking of game design, I've recently discovered Egoraptor's Sequelitis Series, where he reviews the elements of game design in an intelligent and funny way. He falls back on the RAEG thing a bit too much, but he considers video games, along with their controls, pacing, presentation, and the other elements that make them effective or not, the same way someone might consider the pacing, storytelling, or cinematography of a film. I like it.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #65664 on: November 05, 2011, 12:17:51 am »

Resurrection anomalies? Maybe the reason blowouts glow red is because it's rebuilding more bodies for you to gun down the next time around.

Oh god the space anomalies are getting more severe. NOW THEY FORCE THE DEAD TO THROW THEMSELVES BEFORE ME TO GUN DOWN AGAIN AND AGAIN!

No WONDER I killed all of freedom THREE TIMES over two games!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65665 on: November 05, 2011, 12:18:49 am »

It's a zombie angle I can get behind. Space and time is creating temporal clones of people and it's your job to restore casualty.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65666 on: November 05, 2011, 12:19:49 am »

Masquerade is pretty great, too, though I bemoan the fact that I can't set my apartment on fire.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65667 on: November 05, 2011, 12:36:59 am »

Starting my NaNoWriMo 2011 thing. I'm behind so I better get to work now.

It will be amazing, I promise. Maybe.
EDIT: And with that I'm off to sleep. 2225 words in 2 hours. Wow I'm pretty good at this, but then again this is not exactly a regular novel story thing.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:41:06 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #65668 on: November 05, 2011, 02:20:16 am »

Well I just finished Clear Sky. The endgame was obviously a little rushed, and a liiitle flimsy. But it was still an awesome trip. After going through that immediately after Shadow of Chernobyl I almost feel like I'm on some kind of stalker high. Like... I dunno it's weird. I blink and I'm like HOLY FUCK AM I IN THE ZONE?! Oh wait no I was just blinking. Heh...

Well Call of Pripyat is next in my stalker gameathon, lets see if this one makes me go totally batshit crazy given what I typed above.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: [☢] Things Reimu found in pripyat today thread (CIRNO?!) (Happy Thread)
« Reply #65669 on: November 05, 2011, 02:25:48 am »

As usual, new title is very entertaining and happy making.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 4376 4377 [4378] 4379 4380 ... 13325