Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4334 4335 [4336] 4337 4338 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755568 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things cirno was shot out of today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #65025 on: October 26, 2011, 03:19:04 pm »

I understand what you are saying, although I think what I'm heading after is a little more nuanced than understandable waiting for entertainment.

That specific sinking feeling that what you enjoy is gone forever now. You can always re-read it but it won't be the same and eventually you will grow tired of this thing you were very fond of. It's a feeling akin to having the characters or media basically die. I dunno if I would classify this mood as mourning, but it's a similar feeling of terribleness. One might say this is getting too attached to these stories, although the standard response is to be moody for a few days and then leave it to rest. I accept that these stories are done being told, but I still feel like crap after.

I may have to look into comparing this to actual death and the reincarnation implications of the Collective Unconscious.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:22:06 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65026 on: October 26, 2011, 03:20:42 pm »

Hey, I deleted all of it!  And it wasn't THAT bad...
Never mind the quality of it, how the hell did a pair of breast implants type it in the first place?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65027 on: October 26, 2011, 03:22:00 pm »

One letter at a time, obviously.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65028 on: October 26, 2011, 03:42:58 pm »

Imma go with dictation. Although then that just shifts the question to "How did a pair of breast implants narrate out loud?"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65029 on: October 26, 2011, 03:43:49 pm »

Imma go with dictation. Although then that just shifts the question to "How did a pair of breast implants narrate out loud?"

Clapping?  Morse code?  Semaphore?  They're not helpless y'know.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #65030 on: October 26, 2011, 03:44:42 pm »

Funny how Sarah Palin's Breast Implants are a lot smarter than the actual Sarah Palin.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65031 on: October 26, 2011, 03:46:11 pm »

Quote from: RedKing
Clapping?

There's a mental image I won't be able to shake for a while.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #65032 on: October 26, 2011, 03:48:16 pm »

Quote from: RedKing
Clapping?

There's a mental image I won't be able to shake for a while.
Maybe thats how Sarah Palin could win the election if she decided to run...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65033 on: October 26, 2011, 03:49:12 pm »

I understand what you are saying, although I think what I'm heading after is a little more nuanced than understandable waiting for entertainment.

That specific sinking feeling that what you enjoy is gone forever now. You can always re-read it but it won't be the same and eventually you will grow tired of this thing you were very fond of. It's a feeling akin to having the characters or media basically die. I dunno if I would classify this mood as mourning, but it's a similar feeling of terribleness. One might say this is getting too attached to these stories, although the standard response is to be moody for a few days and then leave it to rest. I accept that these stories are done being told, but I still feel like crap after.

I may have to look into comparing this to actual death and the reincarnation implications of the Collective Unconscious.

I've definitely had this before from various things. The feeling after a series or book or long game ends, that the world which your mind on some level treated as real and important has ended, and the characters that were so active and alive will never act or speak again, no different from being dead. It can almost feel like losing a friend.

I have a lot of trouble enjoying stuff a second time anyway, almost never re-read/watch/play etc, since watching characters going through the same actions again breaks the illusion and destroys any emotional impact for me. So yeah, I think I know where you're coming from on that.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #65034 on: October 26, 2011, 04:04:09 pm »

Sesquipedalophobia.

Scientists are assholes.
Even better, it's more commonly referred to as Hippomonstrosesquipedelophobia, which is the same thing but emphasizing the 'big' part. Durn scientists.

Wow. That's just... That's just evil for the sake of being evil.
Love, scriver~

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #65035 on: October 26, 2011, 04:39:03 pm »

Interesting Gematria for 'Barbarossa TSG'...

Blue Moon Karate
The Desert Prince
Sushi Probe! (Exclamation mark included)
God Bless America Is Damned
Ole Ole Ole 17 18 Chicago 19

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #65036 on: October 26, 2011, 05:01:09 pm »

There's a door to my room now! An improvement over its previous doorlessness.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #65037 on: October 26, 2011, 05:43:50 pm »

A few cracks in my strategy when fighting the Cranes. First, I shouldn't have gone into that battle with Sabin wielding a Fire Knuckle. I also shouldn't have had Locke equipped with a Flame Sabre. Finally, in retrospect, it may have been a poor choice to have Gau use the Bomb rage. It was only after this that I learned that one of them absorbs fire. And, after 3 fire attacks, nukes the party.

Also, I should stop using that rage, it is obnoxiously overpowered, I've discovered. Wooo Blaze!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65038 on: October 26, 2011, 05:52:15 pm »

Use stray cat instead. Not at allll overpowered... nope...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65039 on: October 26, 2011, 05:52:49 pm »

Feeling surprisingly not shit.
Magic sparkles for all!!
 (ノ)ノ*:・゚✧
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 4334 4335 [4336] 4337 4338 ... 13325