Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4333 4334 [4335] 4336 4337 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753829 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things cirno was shot out of today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #65010 on: October 26, 2011, 12:16:00 pm »

With nuclear propulsion, itīd take about 400 years. A solar sail, maser sail or ion/based engine could be faster, but I donīt know how fast. Donīt expect it to take less than, say, 150 years though.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:21:24 pm by Virex »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65011 on: October 26, 2011, 12:33:14 pm »

More to the point though...it's a waterworld with high gravity, high solar radiation, and covered in superheated, pressurized water. It's not exactly South Beach.

(And it's disturbingly similar to a key world in one of my Aurora games.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65012 on: October 26, 2011, 12:40:06 pm »

More to the point though...it's a waterworld with high gravity, high solar radiation, and covered in superheated, pressurized water. It's not exactly South Beach.

(And it's disturbingly similar to a key world in one of my Aurora games.)

Yes, I know that, but it's still AWESOME.

Seroiously, it'll be one side constantly boiling, and the other side constant rain, with ocean currents that are just plain crazy.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #65014 on: October 26, 2011, 01:27:01 pm »

The Anatomy of Fear]

Sesquipedalophobia.

Scientists are assholes.
Love, scriver~

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #65015 on: October 26, 2011, 01:34:49 pm »

A fly got caught in my zap-racket. It was satisfying to hear the ZAP! CRACK! ZAP! ZAP! POP! of the bug's innards  :P

It's basically a tennis racket with metal wires and a battery inside the hollow handle  ;D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #65016 on: October 26, 2011, 01:38:52 pm »

Sesquipedalophobia.

Scientists are assholes.
Even better, it's more commonly referred to as Hippomonstrosesquipedelophobia, which is the same thing but emphasizing the 'big' part. Durn scientists.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65017 on: October 26, 2011, 01:44:01 pm »

Hey, I deleted all of it!  And it wasn't THAT bad...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65018 on: October 26, 2011, 02:22:32 pm »

New avatar, and while i won't be doing him for my English presentation i think Oppenheimer will do nicely :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65019 on: October 26, 2011, 02:47:40 pm »

Yay for naps.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65020 on: October 26, 2011, 02:53:59 pm »

Can't help but respond to that gematria thing. The first three for my name are apparently Nostradamus, Funny, and Panzer.  ???

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65021 on: October 26, 2011, 02:58:42 pm »

I feel great today.

I have a ton of deadlines I'm either missing or failing at, my Algebra professor revealed I have a low C, I am way behind deadline for a major history paper and I'm meeting a partner for a speech class on a project due tomorrow that I have nothing on. What am I supposed to do about a presentation on the Listening Process and Friendship? Last night I got barely any sleep due to dread.

This morning I was wide awake and at it. My entire attitude on life was different somehow. I was aware that I could go the distance. I'll figure something out.

I already spoke on how I was approaching an axis, where my laziness and procrastination and fury at these habits would collide and one would win out over the other. Where deadlines and expectations crashed with my bad habits and my mind finally getting the message. I have breached the event horizon of this situation, and I'm starting this battle on a positive mark. The me that exits this struggle is going to be the me I want to be.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65022 on: October 26, 2011, 03:04:26 pm »

I already spoke on how I was approaching an axis, where my laziness and procrastination and fury at these habits would collide and one would win out over the other. Where deadlines and expectations crashed with my bad habits and my mind finally getting the message. I have breached the event horizon of this situation, and I'm starting this battle on a positive mark. The me that exits this struggle is going to be the me I want to be.

Solidarity my brother.  I made a decision yesterday to do just that.  Look for different jobs, apply for a promotion at the job I have now, and get "involved" in some stuff.  In my case of course, everything scares the Hell out of me because I fear change.  But be damned if I don't need to start taking some responsibility for my life again.

...Right after I watch Cascade one more time, that music is incredible.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65023 on: October 26, 2011, 03:09:21 pm »

I know I'll be mocked as an overly emotional fanboy for this, because i am and am aware of this and know the issues surrounding it, but that kinda helped me out.

Every time I finish something I love I descend into a sour empty mood, a lot like what I imagine Toony suffers from every day. Where something that took up part of my everyday thoughts just ended, there is not going to be any more of it ever again. I suddenly have a void I need to fill. This has happened many times, from books to games to TV shows. The added stress of that kind of situation helps break down the issues affecting your behavior, helping you reach that freedom.

(Yes this isn't the end of Homestuck, it's just a consequence of the format and the combination of a 2 month anticipatory wait followed by a short slump into this mood)
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65024 on: October 26, 2011, 03:14:44 pm »

Every time I finish something I love I descend into a sour empty mood, a lot like what I imagine Toony suffers from every day. Where something that took up part of my everyday thoughts just ended, there is not going to be any more of it ever again. I suddenly have a void I need to fill. This has happened many times, from books to games to TV shows. The added stress of that kind of situation helps break down the issues affecting your behavior, helping you reach that freedom.

Anticipation addiction.  I've recognized it in myself, and it scares me when I start defining the course of my life by how long I have to wait for something.  Not (just) webcomics or game releases or whatever, but everything from holidays and meetings and deadlines.  It always makes it feel like days are flying by, because I'm just burning time until something important happens, then it does, and then it's over.  And then I have to find something else to wait for.

I guess what I need is more proactive entertainment, something to anticipate on my own schedule and that won't go away after I enjoy it.  Like a hobby or something.  Maybe that guitar that's been mocking me from the corner of the room for three months.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 4333 4334 [4335] 4336 4337 ... 13325