Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4327 4328 [4329] 4330 4331 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15751561 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things cirno was shot out of today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64920 on: October 24, 2011, 04:39:16 pm »

I went to Greenfield Village for the first time in my life. It's basically a walk-through museam-village populated by people who live every day as though they were still in the late 1800's (and no, they're not Amish). They work farms, pickle food, play music on fiddles and pump-organs, raise livestock, build and fix wagons, etc., and are more than happy to explain what they're doing, and why they're doing it. It's really quite impressive, and a neat chance to see traditional potters, glassblowers, metalworkers, and so on practice their craft. Yet another neat thing to thank Henry Ford for.

Also, since it's almost Halloween, my buddies and I wandered around the Village in various Dr. Who costumes (and it kinda fit with the whole Anachronistic Village thing). I got to be the group's Tom Baker Dr. We even met a fan who worked as a glassblower there, and who briefly dropped out of the 1800's in order to squee at us all... it was pretty awesome. :)

Oh you are in Michigan right now? You should visit Mackinaw Island up north, enjoy the nice walk through the town and some damn good fudge.

I've been to the island a number of times... I happen to be a Michigander. And I am enjoying all kinds of seasonal Apple Cider and Fudge right now, believe me. :D

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64921 on: October 24, 2011, 04:41:03 pm »

I went to Greenfield Village for the first time in my life. It's basically a walk-through museam-village populated by people who live every day as though they were still in the late 1800's (and no, they're not Amish). They work farms, pickle food, play music on fiddles and pump-organs, raise livestock, build and fix wagons, etc., and are more than happy to explain what they're doing, and why they're doing it. It's really quite impressive, and a neat chance to see traditional potters, glassblowers, metalworkers, and so on practice their craft. Yet another neat thing to thank Henry Ford for.

Also, since it's almost Halloween, my buddies and I wandered around the Village in various Dr. Who costumes (and it kinda fit with the whole Anachronistic Village thing). I got to be the group's Tom Baker Dr. We even met a fan who worked as a glassblower there, and who briefly dropped out of the 1800's in order to squee at us all... it was pretty awesome. :)

Oh you are in Michigan right now? You should visit Mackinaw Island up north, enjoy the nice walk through the town and some damn good fudge.

I've been to the island a number of times... I happen to be a Michigander. And I am enjoying all kinds of seasonal Apple Cider and Fudge right now, believe me. :D
Hell you never said that! Damnit i want some apple cider and doughnuts from the Armada Orchards now :(

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64922 on: October 24, 2011, 04:41:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is hilarious. Bask in its glory. I am.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64923 on: October 24, 2011, 04:43:40 pm »

Hell you never said that! Damnit i want some apple cider and doughnuts from the Armada Orchards now :(

I am also a Michigander, but I've never been to the island. I loves me some cider, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64924 on: October 24, 2011, 06:24:31 pm »

I just realized that Kefka does the best impression of Heath Ledger as the Joker.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #64925 on: October 24, 2011, 06:57:55 pm »

On that note, GTA3 is having odd effects on me.  I've discovered, rediscovered really, that I actually like rap.  Well, A-list early-90s rap.  Then again, maybe that's just my instinct to faithfully roleplay a low down gangster set trippin' banker, because I certainly have a powerful urge to flip over to Radio X and enjoy some Soundgarden.
I've recently discovered that I like rap. I've been introduced to Public Enemy and it's surprised me with it's quality. It must be all the performance poetry I've been listening to that's softened me up for it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is hilarious. Bask in its glory. I am.
I can't wait for more Peep Show. Great stuff.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #64926 on: October 24, 2011, 07:01:36 pm »

I just realised that once I'm out of the house, I can dress like Reinhard von Lohengramm whenever the hell I want.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64927 on: October 24, 2011, 07:04:52 pm »

Google suggests that that this should be all day, every day. You can probably skip the cape when not at formal occasions, if it's troublesome for your job or otherwise gets in the way.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64928 on: October 24, 2011, 09:29:30 pm »

There's a DF subreddit. Now I have to read Boatmurdered again. Awesome.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64929 on: October 24, 2011, 09:52:04 pm »

There's a DF subreddit. Now I have to read Boatmurdered again. Awesome.
What about Nist Akath and Bronzemurder?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64930 on: October 24, 2011, 10:58:47 pm »

A group of crows is called a conspiracy.

THEY'RE AFTER ME
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64931 on: October 24, 2011, 11:04:44 pm »

I thought it was called a murder?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64932 on: October 24, 2011, 11:09:49 pm »

A group of Platypi is called...

...A platy-posse. 8)

I thought that up myself!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #64933 on: October 24, 2011, 11:31:55 pm »

The Children's March: Over the Hills and Far Away. The rockin' baritone horn parts are the parts I just got back form playing at tonight's concert. A++, Mr Grainger. Would play again.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64934 on: October 24, 2011, 11:52:17 pm »

Hmm... had a good meeting with my rhetoric professor.  I really like her.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4327 4328 [4329] 4330 4331 ... 13325