Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4316 4317 [4318] 4319 4320 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15764480 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: [~~~] Things tildes made you do today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64755 on: October 21, 2011, 08:12:52 pm »

I finally understand why I have such rotten days sometimes.

I Hate Fridays.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64756 on: October 21, 2011, 08:18:33 pm »

Here's a few ingenious videos showing how human perception works -or rather how sometimes it doesn't work.

http://www.simonslab.com/videos.html

Made me laugh at my silly brain and wonder what else I'm missing.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64757 on: October 21, 2011, 09:08:24 pm »

Hey everyone. I finally got my laptop.

I'm so happy with it too!

It was good, competing with all my friends' machines they labor over.

and it was cheap! 150$ off from it's original sales price, to 550$.

There was only one problem with it, it only comes in one color.

Flamingo Pink.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if that's the same model, but it very definitely is the same color.

I'm still very happy with it, the color doesn't bother me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64758 on: October 21, 2011, 09:09:15 pm »

Pink is the most manly color.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64759 on: October 21, 2011, 09:10:52 pm »

If people give you trouble about it, get a cover. Or challenge them to a duel. I'm not talking children's card game duel, I'm talking pistols duel.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64760 on: October 21, 2011, 09:14:22 pm »

The only problem I see is that it appears you have, perhaps through error or the malice of some prankster at the post office, purchased a Dell. >_____________>

I kid, of course, but seriously, take good care of your power cord.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64761 on: October 21, 2011, 09:16:00 pm »

If people give you trouble about it, get a cover. Or challenge them to a duel. I'm not talking children's card game duel, I'm talking pistols duel.
Don't forget the white glove and accent.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64762 on: October 21, 2011, 09:18:48 pm »

The only problem I see is that it appears you have, perhaps through error or the malice of some prankster at the post office, purchased a Dell. >_____________>

I am curious what the implication of this post is.

Do power cords wear out, or are they frequently stolen?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:24:58 pm by JoshuaFH »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64763 on: October 21, 2011, 09:26:18 pm »

I am curious what the implication of this post is.

Do power cords wear out, or are they frequently stolen?

They get stolen more often than you think. They wear out.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #64764 on: October 21, 2011, 09:29:35 pm »

On vacation, playing tourist, been to put put golf, go carts, 3 or 4 bars, imax theater, still have 2 more days off.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64765 on: October 21, 2011, 09:48:20 pm »

They wear out. Especially for a particular type of Dell cord - it has a chip in the adapter that identifies it as a Dell brand adapter of the appropriate voltage, and the pin connecting the wire leading from this chip to the connector to the computer socket tends to break after long-term, regular use ("coincidentally" this rarely happens before the typical warranties expire). If the computer cannot get the signal from this chip, it will not charge with the cord, and will (completely pointlessly, if I understand how computers work) arbitrarily decrease performance in the name of extending battery life until it detects the appropriate cord, even if you reboot afterward with no cord plugged in in an attempt to circumvent this.

Supposedly, it's a feature. It doesn't really belong in this thread, but what does is that I'm glad you got a new computer you can enjoy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #64766 on: October 21, 2011, 09:57:10 pm »

Here's a few ingenious videos showing how human perception works -or rather how sometimes it doesn't work.

http://www.simonslab.com/videos.html

Made me laugh at my silly brain and wonder what else I'm missing.

I've seen simmilar things in the past, so I was kind of expecting some freak to show up in a suit.

The second one (the silent movie bit) I did notice the clothes change. Did not notice about them being two different actors, but on the other hand I can't notice thatnow despite knowing. The two dudes are very alike-looking.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64767 on: October 21, 2011, 10:29:31 pm »

Dancin dat dubstep. Affirming amazing alliterative aptitude.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64768 on: October 21, 2011, 11:45:37 pm »

Did my first vault in Angband.

It wasn't too bad.  The only problems were an out-of-depth King of Water (He's 43, I'm 32), and a mature multi-hued dragon.  Waldern scared me a bit, I was worried but I got him.  The dragon wasn't a threat, but he got a lucky fire breath and took out like half the loot.  The rest of it was garbage too, a bunch of weak ego items and assorted jewelry I didn't need.

I'm starting to get to that point where most of the gear I find is useless and not even worth lugging back to town to sell.  I'm using Forasgil (Not that good, but it's the best thing I've got), Amrod, Galadriel, Thalkettoth, Gorlim, and I have Calris in my house.
Shoes...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64769 on: October 21, 2011, 11:47:36 pm »

Played some BioShock. That is quite an enjoyable game. It's system is very good, being both complex and easy to understand. Weapon/ability selection is good. I like it. A bit unrefined, but I'll see if they polished it up a bit once I get to BioShock 2. I'm mainly just playing them so I have before BioShock Infinite comes out. :)  It's also good "practice" for my RPG.

I should be having over friends tomorrow. My cool uncle is in town now. The weekend looks to be fun and easy, overall. I also got permission to read Moby-Dick, A Tale of Two Cities, and/or All Quiet on the Western Front for class. I wasn't really enjoying Great Expectations, even though I'll probably read it later. And everything listed will be easier to analyze than Slaughterhouse-Five; that was a good book, but I can't really figure out how to write a report on it.
Pages: 1 ... 4316 4317 [4318] 4319 4320 ... 13325