Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4293 4294 [4295] 4296 4297 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780302 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: [~~~] Things tildes made you do today thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64410 on: October 16, 2011, 11:45:04 am »

New glasses! I can actually see stuff further than half a meter away from me now! Not to mention I don't have to keep pushing them up anymore, although I still do because it's a habit.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64411 on: October 16, 2011, 12:44:20 pm »

My friend with the anxiety problems is apparently going to go see a counselor and maybe go on medication.

Good for her.

I'm currently freaking out about the dinner-party thing for later today, but on the other hand I'm also quite excited.  Go figure!

Gyaaaaaah~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64412 on: October 16, 2011, 01:03:31 pm »

I'm watching The Dark Crystal.  On top of being horrifying, it's clear where the Team America guys got their style ideas from.  This is hideous, and the main character puppet has one blank facial expression through the whole movie, never mind a terrible voice actor.

I'm laughing my ass off what a shit movie this is, but I have to wonder why it's famous...

You're dead to me, dude.  :-[

Besides, nobody liked the Gelflings. Everyone likes Skeksis and Fizzgig. Oh, and the spider-rabbit thingies.
Goddamn, I was wondering what the name of this movie was for the longest time. I remember seeing parts of it years ago, back in a time where I've made every effort to delete those memories from that time from my brain(with some success).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #64413 on: October 16, 2011, 01:08:22 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64414 on: October 16, 2011, 01:17:29 pm »

I just beat Nethack.  I did it.  Yes.  Me.  Squid.  Beat Nethack.

Yay

Genocided or extinct species:
  master mind flayers

That's my boy.  Er, girl.  I assume shenanigans were involved there, or were you abusing egg-laying?

I was a valkyrie, they're always girls.

Anyway, Slash'em's on the list, as is Crawl and the others.  First I want to win Nethack as a few more characters, maybe a ranger.  I want to do something that can't just walk through the monsters.  Elf ranger seems like a good one.  Chaotic, ranged, pretty much the opposite of a valk.  Also, weaker mysterious force.  That was hell, I dont' remember it ever being that harsh the other times I got close to winning.

Although you're right, I did lay an egg once.  I stepped on a polymorph trap wearing sdsm and decided to get myself a mount.  It worked for a while but I used a magic whistle in the minetown temple and the priest killed it :c
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 01:27:09 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64415 on: October 16, 2011, 01:19:02 pm »

This.
Browsing through that image's parrent directory, I came upon this. Wat. Awesome, but Wat.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #64416 on: October 16, 2011, 01:23:56 pm »

This.
Browsing through that image's parrent directory, I came upon this. Wat. Awesome, but Wat.
That's actually pretty awesome. Masterwork crafting indeed.

"I told you the foam was edible. Unlike the last couch."

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #64417 on: October 16, 2011, 01:50:15 pm »

So I bought Space Pirates And Zombies and Bastion today and I'm going to stream them. You guys get to pick which one I do first.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #64418 on: October 16, 2011, 02:41:05 pm »

Visited home, ate well.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64419 on: October 16, 2011, 02:48:02 pm »

Visited home, ate well.
You must have a busy live if eating well makes you happy enough to inform us of it?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64420 on: October 16, 2011, 02:50:46 pm »

You must not have a busy life if you're posting that!

Oh wait that can apply to me too nooooo

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64421 on: October 16, 2011, 02:54:13 pm »

Eating well is always happy-making. Even the dozenth night in a row.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #64422 on: October 16, 2011, 02:55:27 pm »

Visited home, ate well.
You must have a busy live if eating well makes you happy enough to inform us of it?
I get the impression Simmura McCrea went to their family home and ate home cooked food rather than went to their own home and ate. I could be wrong.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64423 on: October 16, 2011, 03:03:01 pm »

Visited home, ate well.
I get the impression Simmura McCrea went to their family home and ate home cooked food rather than went to their own home and ate. I could be wrong.
So did I, but since he explicitly singled out the food as inducing happiness, I'm assuming he normally lacks the time to eat well.
You must not have a busy life if you're posting that!

Oh wait that can apply to me too nooooo
Joke's on you, I can't make this AFM any faster :P

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #64424 on: October 16, 2011, 03:08:42 pm »

So my church's school library was giving books and I picked up four Jules Verne books this morning. What's great is that three of them are all ones I haven't read and one of them is an anthology with some familiar-sounding titles in it. So I'll have something good to read if I ever have the time.

Then, when we got home I resolved the issue with my mom's (HP) printer. I managed to find out that the wireless radio was busted before calling tech support, which was a good thing since the thing is past it's warranty, and my mom would have had to pay to most likely find out that the problem can't be fixed over the phone. So then I found out that she's at least eligible for an upgrade, taking down the information. I was able to do this all before lunch and discuss the situation with my mom during said lunch. I feel like a somewhat competent human being now. Nevermind. I didn't think to turn it on and off. That solved everything.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 03:19:01 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 4293 4294 [4295] 4296 4297 ... 13325