Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4270 4271 [4272] 4273 4274 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15782109 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #64065 on: October 12, 2011, 04:26:55 pm »

For nothing more than the cost of my signature, I now have 24 23 bottles of Guinness Extra Stout sitting on my counter.  Woo, free beer.
Dude, eternity in hell for two dozen bottles of beer?!

Ah, but I'm good at reading contracts.  As long as I don't finish the whole case, I don't lose a damn thing.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64066 on: October 12, 2011, 04:29:05 pm »

I went in to have five tooth fillings done today, the first fillings that I had done at my current dentist.

My god. I know not what arcane secrets my dentist has uncovered, but he has somehow mastered the art of giving several Novocaine shots to a patient, not just without pain, but without them feeling anything at all. I am as perfectly happy right now as someone who just had holes drilled through preexisting holes in his teeth can possibly be. There was no pain in the entire procedure, and when I began to feel something on one tooth and gagged, his response as he fetched another Novocaine shot was "Oh no, you aren't supposed to feel anything. That is not in your contract.". Bad. Ass.

TL;DR: My dentist took Epic Feat: Painless Dentistry.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:41:04 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64067 on: October 12, 2011, 04:39:03 pm »

My God, the one dentist on the face of the planet who actually understands why you're coming to him and isn't stingy with the anesthetic.  Where has he been all my life...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #64068 on: October 12, 2011, 04:44:14 pm »

My God, the one dentist on the face of the planet who actually understands why you're coming to him and isn't stingy with the anesthetic.  Where has he been all my life...

Can't say about all of your life, but looking at MSH's profile says he's currently in North Carolina.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64069 on: October 12, 2011, 04:44:33 pm »

It's not just that. He apparently learned an injection trick from a veterinarian friend of his that involves shaking the area around the injection site as it's being done, preventing the needle-afflicted nerve from getting a pain message out to your brain. It works perfectly.

As it should, given that it was originally invented to give large and angry horses shots without being kicked to death.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64070 on: October 12, 2011, 04:44:54 pm »

So very much this. Huzzah for Epic Dentist!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #64071 on: October 12, 2011, 05:00:37 pm »

Myth confirmed. It IS easy to shoot a fish in a barrel. Especially when you have a minigun to shoot it with.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64072 on: October 12, 2011, 05:08:02 pm »

Oh mythbusters...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64073 on: October 12, 2011, 06:07:41 pm »

Myth confirmed. It IS easy to shoot a fish in a barrel. Especially when you have a minigun to shoot it with.
I thought it was hard to actually hit them, but the fish would be dead anyway from the shockwave.

Anyway, yea just about anything is easy to hit with a minigun.  I recall one episode where they cut down a "tree" with one.  It actually burst into flames.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64074 on: October 12, 2011, 06:23:43 pm »

Driving down unfamiliar streets during a thunderstorm during rush hour. The part where I didn't die, and my Structural Integrity Tape didn't fail, are the happy parts. Also, that I had the foresight to cover my laptop and my precious copy of The Adventures of Ozymandias and Bubastis with a plastic bag I had on hand, so that they would not be exposed to water inside my far-from-waterproof backpack.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64075 on: October 12, 2011, 06:25:48 pm »

I need to see this dentist. Epic quest time?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #64076 on: October 12, 2011, 07:15:27 pm »

Apple make me happy, again.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64077 on: October 12, 2011, 07:46:55 pm »

Just brought down Ninjageddon on the Library in Metro 2033.  After hearing all kinds of bitching about how the library is impossible and retarded, I was kind of disappointed.  The layout was a little confusing at first but the librarians themselves didn't stand a chance against my throwing knives and pneumatic bolt launcher.
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #64078 on: October 12, 2011, 08:30:55 pm »

I think I'm succeeding in training the 6th and 7th runners of my cross country team. Due to my recent iron deficiency, I've slowed down somewhat. I convinced the 6-10th runners (they run as a pack, generally) to try and stick with me. The idea being that as I recover and get faster again, they'll stay with me and we can together annihilate the 5th runner of That team. It's been going pretty well, with two of them being only a few second behind me at the last race. I hope they can stick with me at the next race when I go under 18:00 again.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #64079 on: October 12, 2011, 08:31:10 pm »

Oh, I forgot to mention. I got my entire lunch table to play mafia to pass time after we're done eating. Every single day. Ohyeah.
Pages: 1 ... 4270 4271 [4272] 4273 4274 ... 13325