Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4257 4258 [4259] 4260 4261 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757378 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #63870 on: October 09, 2011, 08:01:40 pm »

You should examine the cake thoroughly. With your mouth. To ensure it is delicious, and also not poisoned. You'll be doing a service to everyone else!

Bonus points if they have birthday pie, or similarly not-cake goods.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63871 on: October 09, 2011, 08:04:33 pm »

Benchmark it with the latest one, Ten Desires~

FRAPS shows a solid 60 FPS on Lunatic Mode on the demo. I, of course, didn't make it past level 1, but hey.
Now max, go for mountain of faith.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63872 on: October 09, 2011, 08:05:28 pm »

Just watch out for any mysterious things of jello~
Those might actually be 'poisoned'~

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63873 on: October 09, 2011, 08:07:17 pm »

Wait, shoot, no, that isn't right. I'll post the proper one after the story.

Worked today, same sushi place, the usual crab massacre. But this time was different. An hour in my legs cramped up something fierce. They didn't un-cramp for three hours.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm happy about this because it made me realize that the men in my family are stupidly resistant to pain. My dad has a broken rib a few months ago that he didn't know he had, summoning stories on how he went through a martial arts tournament with a broken rib from the first round. And there is my breakdancing brother, who had broken his hands/fingers more times than you can count on them and was never really too bothered by that. And me, who has experienced being stabbed and only really feeling that bandaging it was a bother and nobody ever knew it happened.
 Cramps ain't no thing. The only problem was walking out of the place.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63874 on: October 09, 2011, 08:13:58 pm »

Just watch out for any mysterious things of jello~
Those might actually be 'poisoned'~

Yeah, the guy said something about Romulan Ale and Klingon Bloodwine, so I'll be careful now that I'm 21 and they can't get shat on by the law by serving alcohol to minors.

My friends from high school are pretty weird.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63875 on: October 09, 2011, 08:19:36 pm »

So happy o3o

Portal for 2.50, Portal 2 for 15, and Hammerfight for 10 dollars. Portal is a classic, Portal 2 is enjoyable from literally the first second (the menu is very responsive and shiny). Portal 2 runs better than Portal, and looks better while doing it, and Hammerfight is enjoyable despite its several hiccups. It's good to see Valve's sense of humor is as awesome as ever, and they're tossing the DLC and soundtrack out for free? There's a reason this is my favorite company.

And I have enough money saved up to buy the newest Humble Indie Bundle for more than average :D

Also getting good grades in school but no one cares about those I have video games ._.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63876 on: October 09, 2011, 08:25:33 pm »

Yeah, the guy said something about Romulan Ale and Klingon Bloodwine, so I'll be careful now that I'm 21 and they can't get shat on by the law by serving alcohol to minors.

My friends from high school are pretty weird.
Romulan Ale and Klingon Bloodwine
shat
they can't get Shatner on by the law by serving alcohol to minors.

Б_Б

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63877 on: October 09, 2011, 08:26:00 pm »

So happy o3o

Portal for 2.50, Portal 2 for 15, and Hammerfight for 10 dollars. Portal is a classic, Portal 2 is enjoyable from literally the first second (the menu is very responsive and shiny). Portal 2 runs better than Portal, and looks better while doing it, and Hammerfight is enjoyable despite its several hiccups. It's good to see Valve's sense of humor is as awesome as ever, and they're tossing the DLC and soundtrack out for free? There's a reason this is my favorite company.

And I have enough money saved up to buy the newest Humble Indie Bundle for more than average :D

Also getting good grades in school but no one cares about those I have video games ._.
Collosus + large ruby is much fun in Hammerfight, but you have to get pretty far in the arena to obtain it, and you need grim mode for easy to get rubies some of the time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63878 on: October 09, 2011, 08:34:19 pm »

Benchmark it with the latest one, Ten Desires~

FRAPS shows a solid 60 FPS on Lunatic Mode on the demo. I, of course, didn't make it past level 1, but hey.
Now max, go for mountain of faith.
Patched into english, running fullscreen, on Lunatic Mode, I still get a solid 60FPS. (Am I supposed to be seeing a different number? And is there a way to uncap the FPS?)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 08:44:38 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63879 on: October 09, 2011, 08:43:51 pm »

I'm happy about this because it made me realize that the men in my family are stupidly resistant to pain. My dad has a broken rib a few months ago that he didn't know he had, summoning stories on how he went through a martial arts tournament with a broken rib from the first round. And there is my breakdancing brother, who had broken his hands/fingers more times than you can count on them and was never really too bothered by that. And me, who has experienced being stabbed and only really feeling that bandaging it was a bother and nobody ever knew it happened.

I've come to think that pain is all in how you express it.  I've seen my father lit on fire, pretzel'd up in motorcycle wrecks, poke himself in the eye with a screwdriver, and tote his own weight with a hernia and a shin that's held together by screws.  The only time I've seen him totally ruined was the event that gave him those screws, when his tibia exploded, and even then it took like three days to convince him it wasn't just a sprain.  The difference is, he bellyaches about everything.  Pain doesn't slow him down, he just complains constantly and inclusively.  It's a trait I've kinda picked up, but nobody but him and me ever see the humor in it, and think we're just pansies.

And pictures of crabs always make me :3 for some reason.  That may not be the right facial expression, but I'm not sure what a smiling-crab-emote would look like.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63880 on: October 09, 2011, 08:44:59 pm »

I meant as in playing it.

:I

Although perfect cherry blossom is also good to play.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63881 on: October 09, 2011, 08:50:02 pm »

Oh, no, I suck at bullet hell games. I've just seen people saying that they run Touhou games at 150, 200 fps, and wanted to see what my compy would do with it.

I mean, I guess I could give it a try on medium or whatever and report my findings there.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #63882 on: October 09, 2011, 08:53:34 pm »

Oh, no, I suck at bullet hell games. I've just seen people saying that they run Touhou games at 150, 200 fps, and wanted to see what my compy would do with it.

I mean, I guess I could give it a try on medium or whatever and report my findings there.
Start on easy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63883 on: October 09, 2011, 08:54:42 pm »

Easy is for babies and people with no hands and no eyes. I am no baby, and I have both my hands and my eyes. :P

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63884 on: October 09, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »

Start on lunatic, then. Get to where you're okay at it, then lower the difficulty to normal and whip ass.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 4257 4258 [4259] 4260 4261 ... 13325