Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4156 4157 [4158] 4159 4160 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772956 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #62355 on: September 19, 2011, 11:19:20 pm »

When normal people have epiphanies at crucial moments, resulting in unprecedented skill, they have taken a level in badass. When badasses have epiphanies at crucial moments, resulting in unprecedented skill, they have taken a level in Vector.

>_<

True to form, I was probably the only person in the math class who finished the exam with correct solutions.  Our problem-solving abilities were supposed to peter out halfway through.  Feels pretty good, I do have to say.

You know, I've been meaning to come up with a list of Vector facts. I'd probably get started if I wasn't feeling so ick.

... !

Wow, this... yeah.  I can't add anything to it :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #62356 on: September 19, 2011, 11:23:02 pm »

A few more?

Vector's a pretty cool girl. She philosophizes and doesn't afraid of anymath.

Vector's is the chalk that will pierce the heavens.

... Okay this is probably getting out of hand yeah. Why am I clicking post I don't know
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62357 on: September 19, 2011, 11:23:50 pm »

It is a beautiful mid-September day here! I swear, the heat just hugs you comfortably, it is wonderful. I don't normally like the sun, but for today I will make an exception. And the wind! I do love this sort of strong wind that carries you with it. Wonderful day, I just love Spring. Everything about it.

Feeling love struck from the weather, so I think I will abandon my station here and go for a walk outside, maybe find a park!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #62358 on: September 19, 2011, 11:26:45 pm »

September is among the best months, I say from my position in the Northern hemisphere. Really, anything but June, July, and August is pretty good though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #62359 on: September 19, 2011, 11:38:56 pm »

We hit a low of 21 degrees at night. Sun rose and it fell to 14.

Australia is a funny place.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #62360 on: September 19, 2011, 11:52:28 pm »

We hit a low of 21 degrees at night. Sun rose and it fell to 14.

Australia is a funny place.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62361 on: September 20, 2011, 12:11:21 am »

The power company guy decided that it would be illegal to leave the power on, and that it would be illegal to fix the system himself.  While a giant pain in the ass in itself, this has its upside.

I'm staying in a hotel for the night, chiefly one of the coolest hotels in town.  I just called in for the night from work 'cause fuck those guys, while watching the bright lights of the big city over a martini from the bar's patio after flirting with the bartender.

I'm feeling downright... bohemian.  This is pretty cool.

Sounds nice; live it up, man! Sorta reminds me of the time I worked in retail, and they put me up in a Suite in a nearby city for a week, to open a new store... with less bartender flirting and more slushy-drinking in a jacuzzi.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #62362 on: September 20, 2011, 12:11:53 am »

I'd maim for 21 degrees right now.

On happy weather news, it was like sixty this morning. For a little while. Then I think it hit 80s or something by mid day. A pox on swamps, but a least it's cooling a little.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62363 on: September 20, 2011, 12:18:35 am »

For those curious about the club, I will be setting up a meeting with administration tomorrow.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62364 on: September 20, 2011, 12:21:03 am »

Back, that was peaceful. Would be out there more, but I felt my skin starting to burn. That is the problem with being a basement dweller.
And the first thing I did when I got back was recompile some code, test it again, and got the exact same exception, and I don't even care! That is just how much of a good mood I am in. Life is nice.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #62365 on: September 20, 2011, 01:57:24 am »

I'd maim for 21 degrees right now.

On happy weather news, it was like sixty this morning. For a little while. Then I think it hit 80s or something by mid day. A pox on swamps, but a least it's cooling a little.

That's 21 degrees Celsius, or about 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62366 on: September 20, 2011, 06:49:24 am »

I'm happy that I've already caught up to where I left off in my big update for my story. After I'm done with calc class I should be able to come back and post it (finally)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62367 on: September 20, 2011, 07:12:48 am »

You have calculus at 8am EST too?!  Arrrrrrrrgh worst time.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62368 on: September 20, 2011, 07:13:04 am »

Playing Final Fantasy IX again.
I think I've spent more time playing Tetra Master than I have the actual game.
*Hugs*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62369 on: September 20, 2011, 07:48:53 am »

Pages: 1 ... 4156 4157 [4158] 4159 4160 ... 13325