Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4152 4153 [4154] 4155 4156 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15767975 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #62295 on: September 18, 2011, 10:31:20 pm »

I successfully completed my first (difficult) coding project, a Full Attack macro in Maptools that can detect when a critical hit was thrown and adjust damage and dice displays accordingly, not to mention it's in a neat and compact table.

Now to start C++! I imagine it will be quite a jump from HTML/Pseudojava.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62296 on: September 18, 2011, 10:45:28 pm »

STALKER. There's an encounter. Two bloodsuckers and over a dozen various dogs. They ambushed me from around a corner; I ran until I got shocked by an anomaly, and they caught up to me. Feasting promptly ensued on their part.
Oh, STALKER, why are you so ridiculously fun?

EDIT: The Big Boy does not explode their heads. I am disappointed. I thought it only just, from a Desert Eagle that shoots rifle ammunition.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:53:34 pm by Lectorog »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #62297 on: September 18, 2011, 10:53:55 pm »

STALKER. There's an encounter. Two bloodsuckers and over a dozen various dogs. They ambushed me from around a corner; I ran until I got shocked by an anomaly, and they caught up to me. Feasting promptly ensued on their part.
I love and hate those encounters (real test of my skills and inventory). Let me guess, train station? That's where I got pinned when something similar happened. Except I also had snorks involved.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62298 on: September 18, 2011, 11:08:32 pm »

I made a big-ass elevator on kael's server tonight.

Spoiler:  ELEVATOR PICS (click to show/hide)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #62299 on: September 18, 2011, 11:18:52 pm »

...Is that a lift made out of a huge piston array?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62300 on: September 18, 2011, 11:25:20 pm »

I love and hate those encounters (real test of my skills and inventory). Let me guess, train station? That's where I got pinned when something similar happened. Except I also had snorks involved.
Yep. It was after I got the 'Family Rifle' and failed to protect the random helicopter-crashed anti-radiated lab guys.
There were also some snorks and mutated rats there. Spawn rates seemed entirely random; there weren't any at first.

I tried various strategies:
1) Run like hell and hope they don't follow. Result: Death
2) Run like hell until I can't any more, then turn around and shoot rapidly. Result: Death
3) Go around another way, lob a couple of grenades at the dogs, and then shoot rapidly. Result: Death
4) Throw as many grenades as I can, no matter the distance between me and the enemy. Result: Death

I eventually used the environment. I snuck behind a train car thing, but they noticed. They did not notice the anomaly at one end, nor did they care to go around the other side. It still took a lot of shooting on my part to take them down. Here's the result:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh, STALKER, you so fun.

Heliman, that's pretty awesome. I'm not Minecraft-savvy enough to understand what it all is, but a working elevator is, indeed, awesome. Signs also made me laugh.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62301 on: September 18, 2011, 11:35:10 pm »

yes.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62302 on: September 18, 2011, 11:38:07 pm »

This message brought to you by-- *shuffles papers* I can't find it. The hell with it!

Currently doing homework, watching Major League, checking on Facebook, watching twitter, reddit, and a couple other sites. This is just a small taste of what it would be like to be omniscient.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:44:37 pm by Scaraban »
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #62303 on: September 19, 2011, 01:09:28 am »

yes.
That's awesome, how does it work?

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #62304 on: September 19, 2011, 01:43:46 am »

Gifted Bastion to a friend today :)  He likes it!

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62305 on: September 19, 2011, 02:40:41 am »

yes.
That's awesome, how does it work?
Well, basically, it's... well.. a little complicated.

it's like this:

1: There are two pistons at the bottom, the player stands in the center of them and pushes the button. only one of the pistons really work, the other is just there just for show. Once the button is pushed, the right piston raises and pushes the player up one level.

2: To the player's lower left, a sticky piston pushes an upward facing normal piston out of the wall. the upward facing piston activates as soon as it is pushed out of the wall, raising the player one level.

3: To the player's lower right, a sticky piston pushes an upward facing normal piston out of the wall. the upward facing piston activates as soon as it is pushed out of the wall, raising the player one level.

Steps 1-3 take place in under a quarter of a second. Steps 2 and 3 repeat endlessly until the player reaches the top of the elevator. The pistons themselves retract back to their original state a few seconds after activation.

The whole system works nicely as long as the player stands in the right place. If he stands too far to one side one of two things can happen. He can either be crushed by the pistons and take a few points of damage or he can crushed by the pistons and take a few points of damage followed by a fall to his untimely death.

As a side note: Surprisingly no Lab-Walruses were harmed in the making of this elevator. Indeed, all walruses were simply taken from their natural, non-lab environment and forced into a 2x1 tube deep underground that rocketed them toward the surface at blinding speeds and smelled satisfyingly of non-lab walrus blood at the end of the day.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62306 on: September 19, 2011, 04:13:21 am »

INTERNET!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #62308 on: September 19, 2011, 04:38:14 am »

As a side note: Surprisingly no Lab-Walruses were harmed in the making of this elevator. Indeed, all walruses were simply taken from their natural, non-lab environment and forced into a 2x1 tube deep underground that rocketed them toward the surface at blinding speeds and smelled satisfyingly of non-lab walrus blood at the end of the day.

I approve. Guys we have some elevators to replace! All of them!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62309 on: September 19, 2011, 04:50:57 am »

It sounds a tad bit less reliable then the old 2x2 elevator. But interesting none-the-less.
Pages: 1 ... 4152 4153 [4154] 4155 4156 ... 13325