Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4148 4149 [4150] 4151 4152 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15763827 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #62235 on: September 17, 2011, 06:51:42 pm »

How did it find fermented apples in the first place?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62236 on: September 17, 2011, 06:52:48 pm »

Probably lying around in a barrel or something.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62237 on: September 17, 2011, 06:57:17 pm »

I just read all of Problem Sleuth. Well, starting back at chapter 10, to the end. And the epilogue. And the extras.

It was... yeah.

My mind may be incapable of functioning for the rest of the day.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62238 on: September 17, 2011, 07:28:23 pm »

Apples tend to ferment on the ground, once they fall. Fermentation is a natural process; a byproduct of being digested by bacteria. It's that whole "overripe" thing.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62239 on: September 17, 2011, 07:36:15 pm »

Facebook is exploding from party plans this weekend.

TIME TO GET OFFLINE AND RAGE. And by rage I mean meditate before launching myself into party hopping.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #62240 on: September 17, 2011, 08:10:25 pm »

I think my plum port is even better than the last bottle of it I opened. Yesssss. And it's still strong enough in flavor that serving it on ice, despite being a wine, was an acceptable choice.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62241 on: September 17, 2011, 08:21:03 pm »

I think my plum port is even better than the last bottle of it I opened. Yesssss. And it's still strong enough in flavor that serving it on ice, despite being a wine, was an acceptable choice.

I hate liquor, but somehow your alcohol posts always cheer me up anyway >_____<

Nearly done cleaning my room, wrote two letters to my grandmothers, 1/3 of the way through Discipline and Punish, finished reading Aristotle's Rhetoric and Poetics, wrote a letter to my professor-advocate, wrote an email to the administration asking about how to do things about clubs advocating genocide (not like that, don't worry >_>), currently drawing information from some feminists and an autism forum I occasionally hang out on.

Now I'm going to write the essay due on Monday, finish a couple of math homeworks, get studying for my exams, clean the bathroom, do my dishes, put my roommate's shit back where it belongs, walk down to mail the letters, throw out some bad vegetables (yeah, I know...) and... work my ass off!

Oh, fuck, my neurology is doing it again--the thing where it gets all excited and everyone thinks I'm bipolar.  At least it's a lot more pleasant this time than it was before.  I'm just happy to have a purpose.

Also.

This is more amazing than Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome and the Hairy Ball Theorem.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:25:21 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #62242 on: September 17, 2011, 08:25:10 pm »

I hate liquor, but somehow your alcohol posts always cheer me up anyway >_____<

Yay! I choose to assume it's because I have class. And that it is Wizard 20. I am a boozemagician, is what I'm saying, I guess. Anyway now there's reciprocal happiness so I suppose something's going to have to trend toward infinity or something.

Also, productivity w00t! Purpose huzzah!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62243 on: September 17, 2011, 08:34:08 pm »

Playing Dungeons of Dredmor, then thinking the references to silly planes would be a good thing to make a silly game out of has been fun today.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62244 on: September 17, 2011, 08:57:25 pm »

Ten hours of work today in two different cities.

* MaximumZero cancels everything: Too exhausted.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62245 on: September 17, 2011, 09:48:42 pm »

Just had the most hilarious DoWII 2v2. IG/IG vs Eldar/SM; Sentinels wreck the predictable initial Guardian rush while two Commissar Lords are more than enough to tie up tac Marines. Bar a few mistakes on my part we operate pretty well and push them back to one point for ten minutes or so. I'm busy turtling up around the center point (never a good idea in this game) for a lack of anything else to do, when what comes around the corner but a Land Raider. We hastily back off and my ally is pushed back to his base while I attack the enemy's natural and meanwhile build a Manticore in an attempt to help him deal with it. The tank goes down relatively quickly (doing a hell of a lot of damage in the process), but less than a minute later an Avatar strides onto the field and promptly engages in chasing my Chimera around in circles. A couple of minutes after that, another Land Raider shows up. We went from 300 points up to a loss.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #62246 on: September 17, 2011, 11:48:32 pm »

My library carries and distributes free print copies of The Onion.
From what I've seen, any newspaper thing with The Onion in it gives them for free.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #62247 on: September 17, 2011, 11:49:56 pm »

This is more amazing than Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome and the Hairy Ball Theorem.
My shock is unbounded by any asymptote.

In happy news, my team was placed in the wrong division of the Cross Country meet today. Instead of being ranked in the small schools division, we were ranked in the 'Very Large' division, taking second anyway. My school may only have 450 kids in it, but we have an awesome Cross Country team. My favorite part was when the third place team was walking back with their trophy, and the seven of us going up to get the second place trophy had to pick our way through fifty guys walking down the hill. They were confused.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #62248 on: September 18, 2011, 12:36:29 am »

You HAD to mention David Bowie didn't you?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #62249 on: September 18, 2011, 12:38:59 am »

Second to last episode of FMA:Brotherhood (or part 2 of 3 of the conclusion). Wow, what a way to wrap nearly everything up. Final episode next week.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4148 4149 [4150] 4151 4152 ... 13325