Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4140 4141 [4142] 4143 4144 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753440 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #62115 on: September 15, 2011, 06:28:46 pm »

Hell yeah, you can add shadows to stuff on this forum. The glow thing is fun!
YEAH
Works best with text that isn't black though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62116 on: September 15, 2011, 06:49:46 pm »

The pyramid-style sales job offer I got went amazingly well, considering the guy conducting the interview was the archetypal white-collar crappy comedian, with six other old executives in the room.  At least that certainly says they're a real company to keep all these people in there.  It was as much a stereotypical serious business office as it gets.

And the job itself doesn't sound half bad, if its actually real and shit.  Since they didn't really bat an eye at my "this sounds unbelievable" comment, and had plenty of proof that they actually do pay the money they say they do for the work they claim they want.  This is like, whoa.

It also sounds like a really good company, remarkably similar to exactly the kind of business Truean said he wanted to start.  I managed to come in well prepared.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62117 on: September 15, 2011, 06:52:05 pm »

I got my hair cut yesterday afternoon, and today I got lots of compliments about it! :D and I seem to have garnered the love of lots of people by 1) being quiet, and 2) lending money to people and not expecting any back, and in fact refusing when people offer to repay me. I don't really believe in contributing to the little basket passed around at church, I make my contributions in the real world.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:04:42 pm by Vertigon »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #62118 on: September 15, 2011, 06:53:42 pm »

I'm finding most of the manga I like is completely nuts. And would likely disgust most people. First Franken Fran, now Mad Bull 34... What's next I wonder?

... Fraken Fran is pretty awesome, honestly. It is borderline or full-on guro, though, which can be pretty off-putting for a lot of people. Not really worse than a lot of stuff seen on TV, but...

Haven't seen this Mad Bull 34 yet. Will check! E: Okay, MB34 is a keeper. Shotgun cats, ahaha whatthehell.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:17:23 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62119 on: September 15, 2011, 07:06:37 pm »

Hehehehe!

I'm really happy today.  I went out to lunch with math friends and I talked to a rhetoric-professor-friend, who told me she'd help me out with the harasser who is at this point treating me downright cruelly with her Clout.  And I have an assignment from her to read another book, and I might to get to sit in on one of her classes when they're discussing it.  Another professor asked me in particular to give a full proof during class, which is the first time that anyone's asked me to do that, and the first time I've seen him ask anyone... and yesterday, a professor asked me to think aloud, so that the rest of the class would get the benefit of it (a little bit after laughing a lot at a joke I made; I'm one of the only people in the class that she doesn't yell at, and the only person I've seen make her laugh).  And lots of students have been asking me how many rhetoric classes I've taken, yadda yadda, and being really nice to me, which I like.  And that professor who said she'd help me was really nice to me and helped encourage me for all that difficult stuff I'm doing tomorrow, so I feel pretty happy.

Also, Andy Warhol's autobiography!  I just finished and everyone should go read it because in my opinion it is just fabulous.

Now I'm going to watch an episode or two of Ghost in the Shell, and then I'm going to do some math, and then I don't know what.  But right now I guess I'm about as happy as I've ever been in my life.  I feel really good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62120 on: September 15, 2011, 07:22:11 pm »

The Samurai mascot of Sengoku looks like it needs to be 'shopped somehow, I dunno why it just looks exploitable.

This was the best I could do:

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #62121 on: September 15, 2011, 07:23:05 pm »

You can critically hit people's personalities. I like the quirks that are arising out of this ruleset's construction.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #62122 on: September 15, 2011, 07:29:56 pm »

The pyramid-style sales job offer I got went amazingly well, considering the guy conducting the interview was the archetypal white-collar crappy comedian, with six other old executives in the room.  At least that certainly says they're a real company to keep all these people in there.  It was as much a stereotypical serious business office as it gets.

And the job itself doesn't sound half bad, if its actually real and shit.  Since they didn't really bat an eye at my "this sounds unbelievable" comment, and had plenty of proof that they actually do pay the money they say they do for the work they claim they want.  This is like, whoa.

It also sounds like a really good company, remarkably similar to exactly the kind of business Truean said he wanted to start.  I managed to come in well prepared.

:) ?

A monthly fee professional services company? Hum, I do wonder how they operate. Idle curiosity but still.

In that vein I actually have some landlords who would be interested in discussing such an arrangement with me. It's small time, but proof of concept and the fact that they are taking me seriously is fun. Not sure how that'd work out. Maybe....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62123 on: September 15, 2011, 07:40:31 pm »

A monthly fee professional services company? Hum, I do wonder how they operate. Idle curiosity but still.

The parent company is PrePaid Legal Services, soon to be known as "Legal Shield" so they don't sound like a scam.  The company that's hiring me is a third party broker who regionally handles customers.  Basically, they have a fulltime staff of salaried lawyers, credit agents, and background checkers, and for $35 a month ($25 for company-plan employee packages), you get (mostly) unlimited Will writing, legal consultation and letters written by attorneys, contracts reads, and traffic tickets, with discounted rates for stuff larger than that.  It's basically legal insurance, provided by a pool of professionals who are regularly paid instead of by-the-job.

I honestly don't know how legit they are, but they've been in business since 1993 and always growing, so I assume they must be doing something right.  It instantly reminded me of some of your ideas, and lo and behold like every good idea somebody else thought of it.

I won't have anything to do with the legal side of it, just sales.  But they sold me on the package, 'cause hey why not, I'll try it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #62124 on: September 15, 2011, 07:46:08 pm »

That does sound like a nice idea. Admittedly, I hadn't seen your idea before, Truean, but that does sounds very interesting.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62125 on: September 15, 2011, 08:02:10 pm »

The parent company is PrePaid Legal Services, soon to be known as "Legal Shield" so they don't sound like a scam.  The company that's hiring me is a third party broker who regionally handles customers.  Basically, they have a fulltime staff of salaried lawyers, credit agents, and background checkers, and for $35 a month ($25 for company-plan employee packages), you get (mostly) unlimited Will writing, legal consultation and letters written by attorneys, contracts reads, and traffic tickets, with discounted rates for stuff larger than that.  It's basically legal insurance, provided by a pool of professionals who are regularly paid instead of by-the-job.

I honestly don't know how legit they are, but they've been in business since 1993 and always growing, so I assume they must be doing something right.  It instantly reminded me of some of your ideas, and lo and behold like every good idea somebody else thought of it.

I won't have anything to do with the legal side of it, just sales.  But they sold me on the package, 'cause hey why not, I'll try it.
Oh god, not this place. Someone gave my dad a card for a job here after my dad helped jump his car. I looked into it for him. It's an operating company alright, but the quality of their attorneys are SHIT.

So don't worry, not a pyramid scheme. However, it's a rotten company to join.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62126 on: September 15, 2011, 08:26:45 pm »

Styled a friend's hair today, and now I feel like a pro~
Used some styling paste to emphasise his cowlick~
It was also cute watching him completely fail to use another friend's concealer, and she's pale as fuck, so he ended up looking kinda creamy~

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62127 on: September 15, 2011, 08:32:22 pm »

Playing Order of Ecclesia on hard and with a level cap of 1. This is absolutely the kind of hard mode that's fun: every enemy kills me in 2 or less hits, and every enemy takes dozens of hits or more to take down, so every single part of the game is legitimately a real challenge. No more cheesing through the common Castlevania skeletons and axe armors. In fact, I have to learn and pay attention to every single attack pattern in the game.

This is what so many games need, and what I was missing all along.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62128 on: September 15, 2011, 08:36:28 pm »

That kinda sounds like a touhou game difficulty-wise, except for every enemy taking multiple hits part.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62129 on: September 15, 2011, 08:46:18 pm »

That kinda sounds like a touhou game difficulty-wise, except for every enemy taking multiple hits part.

Actually, it really is just like that.

I'd like to put this in perspective here: I am in a vertical room with bats. I cannot be hit by two bats or I die. These bats' flying patterns adjust to my movement, they come off the side of the screen, are relatively fast, have a small and difficult to target hitbox (though they do go down in one hit), often come in groups of two or more, and fly directly towards me at all times if possible.

Next up is torchlight with hardest difficulty and permadeath.
Pages: 1 ... 4140 4141 [4142] 4143 4144 ... 13325