Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4112 4113 [4114] 4115 4116 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753134 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61695 on: September 10, 2011, 02:23:18 am »

I just finished Bossypants.

Funny, interesting, discussion of social justice for the whole family :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #61696 on: September 10, 2011, 02:28:44 am »

Dead island, simply. Has been awesome so far.

When I'm done with this play-through I intend to write a full review too. Mostly for fun but also for a friend.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61697 on: September 10, 2011, 02:58:28 am »

Dead island, simply. Has been awesome so far.
Is it true that it's extremely glitchy? I really hope not, because it sounds like a good game.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #61699 on: September 10, 2011, 03:22:16 am »

Is it true that it's extremely glitchy? I really hope not, because it sounds like a good game.

Not so far. The glitches were apparently related to a dev build being released on steam instead of retail.

I'm going to stream it in about... I don't know maybe 12 to 14 hours. So you can see it for yourself then.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61700 on: September 10, 2011, 04:25:18 am »

Ein has convinced me to do more yoga and swimming, something my Dad has spent years trying to do (and failing).

To think a random internet friend could do this...

Thanks again ein, for your belief in this poor slob! :D
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #61701 on: September 10, 2011, 04:26:39 am »

Managed to get a hold of the entire gitaroo man lives soundtrack. Usually not much for japanese music but this stuff is the best.

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61702 on: September 10, 2011, 05:51:50 am »

So yesterday I was mentally debating the subject of musical tension versus resolvement, and how it worked. Seeing as I figured I had a good idea, I decided to put it to the test and sit down and play something with tension, then resolve the tension afterwards.

And lo behold, before I knew it I had written I think 28 measures of looping music, starting in A minor then bridging into C major, implementing weird augmented and dimished chords that don't even fit into the keys. But it still sounds coherent and even better, it sounds good.

Now I don't know what to do with it. At this stage, it's primarily chords, although the way I play it does convey a sense of melody. Should I develop it further, or should I just let it sit there, proud of having created not just something of my own, but something I consider actually complex while still good.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #61703 on: September 10, 2011, 07:27:07 am »

Okay, so life has been hectic enough that I'm going to have to post what made me happy the past few days.

Had a talk with Janet about stuff and helped clear something up, which is good.

Also, been spending time with my sister before she has to go, and even though I was falling asleep due to my odd sleeping patterns for the past few times, I think it went well.

Next, two people on my steam friends list ought to be in for a nice surprise when they wake up, quite possibly three, depending on stuff.

And finally, it's really nice to have half your family be supportive of you in a way that doesn't feel like you're being smothered, so at least I know that I have people on my side.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #61704 on: September 10, 2011, 07:42:54 am »

Saw this comic in a newspaper (is it a comic if it only has one panel?)
It made me lol
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:14:00 pm by Dutchling »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61705 on: September 10, 2011, 08:22:10 am »

(is it a comic if it only has one panel?)

Far Side says yes.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61706 on: September 10, 2011, 12:35:21 pm »

I can't decide if that's blasphemous or really funny. Probably both.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #61707 on: September 10, 2011, 01:16:02 pm »

Played Borderlands with a couple of friends. Both of them are under half my level, and I'm on playthough2 while they're on playthrough1. We went into my game and took down Skagzilla together.

3 People made Skagzilla a super-bastard, and they were only critting it for around 50 damage. Took ages, but was hilarious to watch as it nearly one-shot them if they attracted it's attention, causing me to charge and beat on it with my girly slaps while they healed each other.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #61708 on: September 10, 2011, 01:45:21 pm »

Played Borderlands with a couple of friends. Both of them are under half my level, and I'm on playthough2 while they're on playthrough1. We went into my game and took down Skagzilla together.

3 People made Skagzilla a super-bastard, and they were only critting it for around 50 damage. Took ages, but was hilarious to watch as it nearly one-shot them if they attracted it's attention, causing me to charge and beat on it with my girly slaps while they healed each other.
Reminds me of when I joined in on a Bay-12 Borderlands game with my character who recently beat the game (and the expansions), in this case, Mordecai.

I took up the challenge to melee Skagzilla and other bosses to death (while everyone pelts it with essentially BBs; I didn't want to shame it with the Terrible Matador in my arsenal.). And in the arenas, it took the teamwork of everyone to more reliably kill me. Superior firepower and a good amount of levels aside, I relived the fun experience of deathmatching, and used a few of my old tactics.

It was pretty fun. Watch out next time, because I've got a pretty decent setup with Lilith coming along, and am blazing through playthrough 1 at a pretty quick pace. Much faster than with Mordecai, and I was even able to solo Mothrakk while in the mid-teens levels. Heck, deathmatching against my brother, I managed to take him down quite a number of times with a few well-timed phase-outs and nullifying melee hits.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:48:42 pm by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61709 on: September 10, 2011, 01:52:25 pm »

Reminds me of when I joined in on a Bay-12 Borderlands game with my character who recently beat the game (and the expansions), in this case, Mordecai.
That would be Duke, Aqizzar, and myself.  I think I spoke with Aqizzar a few days ago that another game night would be awesome.  It would just require at least a little organization to get off the ground though.

Or sudden, spontaneous invites.
Pages: 1 ... 4112 4113 [4114] 4115 4116 ... 13325