Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4109 4110 [4111] 4112 4113 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754665 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61650 on: September 09, 2011, 01:19:52 pm »

Feeling great today; I woke up and my fever was gone, realized I missed my Geoscience lecture and didn't really care because the professor gives extra credit for missing 3 or fewer classes and all the lectures are powerpoint based and uploaded to the school site, and what the hell was wrong with me last night?!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61651 on: September 09, 2011, 01:27:01 pm »

My shipment of electronics components arrived, so this weekend I can start learning electronics(I desperately needed a new hobby).  Should be fun.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #61652 on: September 09, 2011, 01:55:59 pm »

Just realized how cheap RAM has gotten, so I just spent $99 and have 16 gigs of ram coming in the mail next week.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61653 on: September 09, 2011, 04:24:22 pm »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #61654 on: September 09, 2011, 04:26:50 pm »

I don't know.
That. Wow. I have never been so inspired. Thank you for this. Finally, somebody speaks a language I can understand.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61655 on: September 09, 2011, 04:30:42 pm »

I don't know.

Okay, it was really cool and corny and inspiring-ish and I was about to say somebody get this guy a contract.  And then...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61656 on: September 09, 2011, 04:32:18 pm »

o.O
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61657 on: September 09, 2011, 04:32:56 pm »

I gotta say, I'm thinking of one of these
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Those things were such a bitch on the Japanese mission where you had to cut down the trees to get to the castle. And this actually made me happy. Yay, nostalgia.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61658 on: September 09, 2011, 04:43:21 pm »

I was originally going to put it in the rage thread but I just made a recent mental comparison of my co-worker's computer skills to that of desert island natives dancing to appease the volcano god to keep the local volcano from erupting.

The majority of them refuse to use alt-tab to switch between windows, instead using their mouse and clicking to change focus. Despite the fact that neither program uses the mouse during use.  They are worried that it would stop working if they did, because they always used the mouse.

I also attempted to teach them how to use the built in macro system that has been there since the system was introduced according to the tech guy.  But after I showed it to them all but a few claimed it was too complicated and said they'll just type in the redundant information manually.   Seriously, it's 3 buttons, record, stop recording, and play, and it saves nearly 30 seconds per bill when used because 3/4ths of the information we are putting in is the same numbers in the same place as the last thousand bills was.

I was gonna rage about it, but then the thought of them all dancing in cliche islander dresses and sacrificing goats to a volcano made me oddly happy.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #61659 on: September 09, 2011, 07:02:16 pm »

Made my first small thing in Python. I made a simple question and answer thingie. Im going to expand upon it to practice more.  I'm happy about it because I spent like 2 hours bashing my head against the keyboard to get ~15 lines of code to work out. The feeling of satisfaction when you finally get it makes all of the head bashing totally worth it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61660 on: September 09, 2011, 07:03:10 pm »

I was going to be upset, but I'm not upset anymore :I

I have gameses.  And not even Steam can take them away.

EDIT: Oh fuck!  The game was from a different friend, and my annoying email account didn't tell me about it!  Yes!  Hurray!  Victory!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:08:09 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61661 on: September 09, 2011, 07:11:16 pm »

Call me a whack and stab me in the back, I'm HYPED about Sonic Generations.
Chemical plant? Sky sanctuary? City escape? Hell yes.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61662 on: September 09, 2011, 07:17:24 pm »

They're doing all the same stuff they've done before all over again? Lazy Sega developers.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61664 on: September 09, 2011, 07:25:16 pm »

They're doing all the same stuff they've done before all over again? Lazy Sega developers.
Better than trying to make sonic a swordsman or a racing game, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 4109 4110 [4111] 4112 4113 ... 13325