Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4107 4108 [4109] 4110 4111 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15758876 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61620 on: September 08, 2011, 08:48:40 pm »

You might want to cut down on the abilities then. Nobody's going to bother reading through so much.

But still, over a thousand. I wish I had so much creativity.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61621 on: September 08, 2011, 08:51:42 pm »

I sense game-breaking potential lurking.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #61622 on: September 08, 2011, 08:55:31 pm »

Yeah, this is what happens when you get over-ambitious with branching trees. On the plus side, it's still less than actual D&D, which has 1606 between the PHB, PHB2, and Spell Compendium[/nerdery]. Then again, I find it improbable that anybody has ever sat down and read through all three's spell sections completely and in order, and WotC has better marketing.

Spoiler: Pointless Details (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:59:16 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61623 on: September 08, 2011, 08:57:47 pm »

I learned how to do that bird-whistly thing with your hands. Cue annoyance from all the other members of this house. :D
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #61624 on: September 08, 2011, 08:58:46 pm »

Jeez, Bauglir. Do you actually have some conception of what each ability will be? I'd think coming up with 1000+ unique skills would be the hard part. Writing a few paragraphs of flavor text for each is just an exercise in endurance.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #61625 on: September 08, 2011, 09:00:36 pm »

No, we don't have ideas for all of them, but we do have expansive resources to bodily rip off >______>

In all fairness, a lot will be upgraded versions of lower-level ones, so there's going to be redundancy built in. I still expect that section alone to take 2 or 3 months of dedicated effort.

EDIT: So unique is a bit of an overstatement, actually, but we're going to try.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:03:17 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61626 on: September 08, 2011, 09:29:48 pm »

Yesterday I was at the campus the entire day so in-between classes I went into the Library to study (and read Fate/Zero) and no less than three people I knew sorta spotted me lounging and tried to interact with me and one even sat down next to me like I was their friend or something, heh.  It was pretty funny and I was forced to 'let out' some of my interests and it made me laugh for some reason.  Then today in the morning before going to my class, right when I entered the building, I run into yet another person I know.  I'm timid and self-conscious so I wave nervously usually and I might say "hi" in a hopefully captivating manner.
Like, even when I left to go home today my step-Dad was all like, "You're the best son ever.  I don't have to do anything for you and stuff."  I'm not sure if this is encouraging but he was definitely saying this sincerely.  I call him my step-Dad but he's not even really a step-Dad, if anything I'm not even related to him at all.  Same for the Grandmother I live with, since it's his Mother.  In fact my only connection with this family is my Brother since that's his real Father.  He's a typical trucker/country guy (in New England, yes) but I like hard-working, honest people and he's a hard-working, honest person so...
I wish my Mother was like that.  My Mother seems wicked sometimes.  I'm being mean here but I wish she would be nicer even if she thinks she's doing everything right.  I know she helps me sometimes but she absolutely detests people and hates the world so it's hard to interact with her normally.  :\

Well anyway, speaking of College.  I like to think of myself as like, the most perfect special student right?!  Well in fact I feel like I'm kind of locking myself up here.  I'm not honest with people around me either.  I have a total aloof front I always pull and I know that sounds lame as hell and it is.  You know, straight back, stern stare, collared plaid shirt, serious expression, tight mouth, glasses, clean face, cut hair, wrist watch...I wonder what other people think of me but obviously that would be something "Kevin" would do because I'm a totally serious character right.  I've been actually wondering if somehow I accidentally slipped my profile name out to somebody I knew and they went online to see what I've been up to do only to see this.  That thought scares me.  I have a username, but then again I feel like I'm anonymous even with all this information that can lead to me.  Heck I've even posted pictures of myself, that would drive some people mad.  Personally I don't care because there's no reason to stress out over having your photo on the gog damn internet.
In actuality I think if I were to somehow leak my identity to people I know in the real world then it might actually help me more than hurt me in the long run.  I would no longer have to stick to topics about them or whatever the case may be.  I'd be able to express what I passionately enjoy even if it created odd stares and destroyed my image...although then again they probably wouldn't care but at least I'd feel relieved that they know who I am for reals.  The main problem is the initial shock factor.  When you hide this stuff from people you've talked with for years (that being, over High School :P) I can imagine it being a big shock.  I mean maybe the people I know have secret interests of their own?  Or just secrets in general!  That's probably true but I have a hard time picturing it because I can tell when they're speaking to me that they have nothing to hide and I'm really speaking to them.  Maybe I really am suppose to be this.  Same goes for family and stuff too.  I'm just the perfect child right?

I don't know if this post belongs in the Happy or Sad thread but it should go somewhere.  I think it's less entertaining than my last informative post (I was a little tired making that) but at least it's more on-topic in general?  I don't know.  What I do know is that I'm pretty content right now I guess.  I'm just doing stuff normally and classes have been fine.  Had two quizzes in Chemistry today and feel very confident in both of them.  My only main roadblock right now the again, lingering feelings of loneliness.  Hehehehehe I'm so close to happiness I can feel it if I let go for a moment.  Although if I let get it'll be too late...
I admit, I would kind of like being strange sometimes but then again it would way too embarrassing for my current "real" self to attempt.  I'll have very strange thoughts sometimes like right now but I don't even want to share this with strangers.  I would imagine most people don't have these thoughts but then again am I just trying to push myself away from people again?  I'm not very sociable usually.  I won't speak unless I have to.  Even when I'm comfortable I definitely type more than I speak.  It bothers me but then again I like doing this so why should I have to change.  I'm not harming anybody and I will speak up if something wrong happens but otherwise whatever.  It's no fun.
I don't know, I'm done.  After classes tomorrow I will most likely be camping out with my Dad again...probably in the rain.  We better get some chickens to sacrifice or something.  There's chickens everywhere.

EDIT:
Oh that reminds me.  I napped this afternoon away and had the strangest dream.  My Dad and I killed my Dad by accident and my Dad forced me to hide the body with him.  Yes my Dad killed himself and was trying to hide himself.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:38:27 pm by ToonyMan »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #61627 on: September 08, 2011, 10:02:31 pm »

I got sent a link to the TV programme Garth Marenghi's Darkplace which somehow I missed when it was originally aired. It has lots of comedians I recognise (mainly from IT Crowd). It's got me laughing and is available legally for free on 4od.
The comedy series, released in 2004, lampoons 1980s television drama, particularly horror, sci-fi, and "the rampant egotism of self-appointed 'mastermind' authors." The show presents Garth Marenghi's Darkplace as though it were a real, low-budget television series, produced in the 1980s, and now getting its first screening; this hoax is the basis of the show's fictional frame. Darkplace's fictional show-within-a-show includes deliberately poor production and special effects, sub-par acting, and storylines that are "severely flawed and open-ended", this is interspersed with 'present-day interviews' with the 'cast'.
From wiki.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61628 on: September 08, 2011, 10:23:47 pm »

This space left blank.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:27:48 pm by Scaraban »
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61629 on: September 08, 2011, 10:25:19 pm »

Oh man that's hilarious!  You made fun of people!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61630 on: September 08, 2011, 10:44:25 pm »

My MC server survived 40k tnt in a completely flat map, only to crash while trying to change to nighttime. Holy cow.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61631 on: September 08, 2011, 10:52:32 pm »

I found a band that I consistently like that also consistently does music that has vocals.

This is impressive.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #61632 on: September 08, 2011, 11:21:53 pm »

Darkplace is just awesome. That show will stick with you like a pube on a pipe.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61633 on: September 08, 2011, 11:26:26 pm »

Quoted for... truth?

Maybe not truth...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #61634 on: September 08, 2011, 11:33:50 pm »

Quoted for... truth?

Maybe not truth...
It's referencing a quote (or a bit of a running gag for an episode) on the show.
Pages: 1 ... 4107 4108 [4109] 4110 4111 ... 13325