Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4101 4102 [4103] 4104 4105 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766506 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Things yoshi... Oh god no (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61530 on: September 07, 2011, 01:30:01 pm »

Happy of the moment: All my homework du jour is done for now, and I have a full 4.5 hours before the first class I really have to attend.

I think I'm going to go do that problem set that's due tomorrow.  Then I'll be able to ... well, okay, I'll still be working my ass off tonight, but less so.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61531 on: September 07, 2011, 01:47:51 pm »

Done with classes for the day. Now, all I have to do is kill two hours so I can give my brother a ride home. Oh, and I'm happy that he's following through with the college thing. (It's taken me over a year solid of pestering to get him to half-heartedly commit. It's sad that so much potential has gone to waste for so long.)

fakeedit: aaaand I've joined the battle.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:50:30 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #61532 on: September 07, 2011, 01:52:57 pm »

I find a touch of humor in the fact that while we have fires raging in texas, Tropical storms on our east coast, and earth quakes off of the west coast, Mid ohio, where I live, barely gets any disasters beyond occasional basement flooding and the odd blizzard or tornado. Nothing ever happens here, and I'm somewhat grateful for that.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #61533 on: September 07, 2011, 01:54:30 pm »

I find a touch of humor in the fact that while we have fires raging in texas, Tropical storms on our east coast, and earth quakes off of the west coast, Mid ohio, where I live, barely gets any disasters beyond occasional basement flooding and the odd blizzard or tornado. Nothing ever happens here, and I'm somewhat grateful for that.
Ohio: so boring even natural disasters avoid going there.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61534 on: September 07, 2011, 01:58:17 pm »

Finally getting the hang of MOO building again, now programming!
Check out our CP thread "Ameripain"
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61535 on: September 07, 2011, 02:54:29 pm »

Being energized by Muse, I gave the macroscopic physics hand-in due to the 19th another look. The one that is notorious for its use of having to prove various wonky and weird thermodynamic identities on top of other thermodynamic identities, primarily through partial differentation. The one that's a past exam assignment, but is, by the lecturer, admitted to be far too high standards.

And I cleared it. Looking back on it, everything is simple. And Muse is still playing.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61536 on: September 07, 2011, 02:58:46 pm »

We're much the same up in Michigan, but the occasional tornadoes, roof-high snowfalls, and completely unpredictable, bizarre, and unseasonal weather we get (thunder-blizzards, in my state? It's more likely than you think!) more than make up for it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #61537 on: September 07, 2011, 03:10:00 pm »

Dunno if late or anything, but, I discovered this thing.

This thing made me smile and hum some random melody :)

Dum, mm mm mm, dum, mm mm mm~~

2 instr, 1 and 3 perc, 2 effect, 2 chorus + church bonus.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:11:47 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #61538 on: September 07, 2011, 03:21:08 pm »

I found out about VY Canis Majoris, it's size relative to the sun, and it's diameter relative to the orbit of Saturn.  Bricks were shat.  My brain's ability to comprehend astronomical scale increased dramatically.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61539 on: September 07, 2011, 03:30:52 pm »

Almost sigworthy. Allllmost.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61540 on: September 07, 2011, 03:54:59 pm »

Took two tests today, the first one in < 3 minutes, the second in 4-ish and only missed one question between them.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61541 on: September 07, 2011, 05:08:36 pm »

Well as Cracked says, Ohio is so boring that everyone that lives there tries their hardest to get as far as physically possible from it.
Ohio is one of the leading states for astronauts.

Take from that what you will.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61542 on: September 07, 2011, 05:10:48 pm »

Happy: I just noticed on an On-Demand menu, a movie by the name of "The InformANT" with the last three letters capitalized verbatim. Humorous misspellings are humorous.

Creates it's own pleasant mental image of it being a punny name of a movie about an Ant that is also an informant.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61543 on: September 07, 2011, 05:28:13 pm »

I have a pen. It has a USB stick hidden in it.

WHY IS THIS SO ENTERTAINING?!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61544 on: September 07, 2011, 05:47:59 pm »

You can put a .txt file on it and then claim "BEHOLD! THE HANDHELD PRINTER!"
Pages: 1 ... 4101 4102 [4103] 4104 4105 ... 13325