Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4085 4086 [4087] 4088 4089 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768126 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61290 on: September 04, 2011, 10:49:10 pm »

How many flavors you got? Where I'm at, we only have chocolate and strawberry.
Chocolate and, I think, dark chocolate. I've not seen any others but maybe further from home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdZDhpkDziE&feature=related
Alternatively.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61291 on: September 04, 2011, 11:14:16 pm »

Got a few tools back from a friend, and got a sneak-peek of what he was working on. For his grandpas birthday, he has built an absolutely gorgeous cabinet from what I'm fairly certain was oak and maple. Was envious and inspired. A good friend has a birthday in a month or so, I'm considering making a jewelry box for her.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61292 on: September 04, 2011, 11:15:56 pm »

Lost all of my stuff in HellMOO and the guy who taught me everything I know about the game searched for it (somebody moved it from my corpse ::)) and returned it to me. Yay!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Agorp Stronden

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead by Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #61293 on: September 04, 2011, 11:31:35 pm »

Alternatively.

I think you mean, "Differently, though not in any meaningful way." Seriously, fuck Rammstein. If this is the happy thread, leave degenerate, aimless people like those "artists" out.  :'(  :-[  ;D Share the splendor!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61294 on: September 04, 2011, 11:38:21 pm »

Alternatively.

I think you mean, "Differently, though not in any meaningful way." Seriously, fuck Rammstein. If this is the happy thread, leave degenerate, aimless people like those "artists" out.  :'(  :-[  ;D Share the splendor!
Dude, what's wrong with Rammstein?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #61295 on: September 04, 2011, 11:46:37 pm »

... If you're going to be that fucking hostile over other peoples happy posts I'd appreciate it if you didn't post in this thread at all. This isn't the argue about what made other people happy thread.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Agorp Stronden

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead by Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #61296 on: September 05, 2011, 12:52:10 am »

... If you're going to be that fucking hostile over other peoples happy posts I'd appreciate it if you didn't post in this thread at all. This isn't the argue about what made other people happy thread.

I've done nothing wrong. ;) Rammstein is not great music and I would appreciate it if Kraftwerk were respected more. I feel hostility towards me right now, to tell you truthfully.

If happiness is what you seek, you will find yourself sorely in a miserable life. There's a deeper word than happiness, philosophy proves this.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:56:25 am by Agorp Stronden »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61297 on: September 05, 2011, 12:54:41 am »

They're both great versions of the same song by two great bands~
You don't like Rammstein, okay, but it doesn't mean they're shit, and you shouldn't talk shit~
Just in general, really, it's not good for your health~ :\

Agorp Stronden

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead by Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #61298 on: September 05, 2011, 12:58:44 am »

I hope I may speak upon my opinions and I would encourage yours as well, but what of a personal connection to the music, even from the artist himself to his music. I think he would find a greater meaning, and ultimately a higher value. After all, we are fretting over a cover of someone's song. You just can't tell me Rammstein truly shares anything with Kraftwerk.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #61299 on: September 05, 2011, 01:04:58 am »

Look at what you're typing. Opinions.

If you're going to claim to encourage others opinions don't go bashing them. There's no reason to call another band or artist degenerate or aimless, especially if you supposedly support other peoples opinions.

Given that you look pretty new to the board this is no way to get any respect.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61300 on: September 05, 2011, 01:05:29 am »

"De Gustibus Non Disputandum Est."

Of taste, there can be no discussion.

You're welcome to your opinion, but don't attack someone else's pointlessly.  If you want to discuss how much Rammstein sucks, pick a different thread.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Agorp Stronden

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead by Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #61301 on: September 05, 2011, 01:28:12 am »

"De Gustibus Non Disputandum Est."

Of taste, there can be no discussion.

You're welcome to your opinion, but don't attack someone else's pointlessly.  If you want to discuss how much Rammstein sucks, pick a different thread.
Look at what you're typing. Opinions.

If you're going to claim to encourage others opinions don't go bashing them. There's no reason to call another band or artist degenerate or aimless, especially if you supposedly support other peoples opinions.

Given that you look pretty new to the board this is no way to get any respect.

Truly, guys, sorry for any disrespect. Mind my mannerisms, please.  :) I hope we both could look past our opinions to ones that are more important than ours, the artist's impression in this case. Value of all is not only value of self. We need more life-affirming krautrock!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:32:35 am by Agorp Stronden »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61302 on: September 05, 2011, 01:35:49 am »

It's good to see that resolved well. Happy for all!

I myself had a fine afternoon, and have been having a good holiday weekend to boot. Got to visit the folks yesterday, my mom brought me some delicious homemade zucchini bread marbled with chocolate, I had a good talk with some friends, and I finally got to see Sean Connery as James Bond. Today, I got some reading done, and had a great time livestreaming with friends both personal and internet. Many shenanigans resulted. I'm going to a cookout with my dad tomorrow, and hopefully hitting up the used clothes shop with a buddy who's never been, to look for some clothes for work and the coming autumn. Also hoping to make it to the Renaissance Festival with some buddies as a Franciscan Monk. One of my friends is talking about going as Dr. Who, as though he had just wandered into the period. I think the idea is fantastic.

Man, I'm still too hopped up on caffine to sleep... probably going to lurk around for a bit, and art for a while to wind down. Many happies!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61303 on: September 05, 2011, 01:38:17 am »

We have a music thread; you can continue this conversation there, if you want. Best to just let people enjoy their own musical opinions.

Today was a good day in my world of video gaming. I realized that Halo Reach can be really fun if you play it how it was meant to be played. I finally got past the second mission in Dawn of War II (yes, I'm that bad). My friends are getting the Star Wars Fan Favorites pack, and we're all going to play Battlefront together. And Gears of War II + Space Marine demo had some nice video game gore in them; it's been a while since I've been seeing that.

I also got Only Revolutions from the library. Nobody in my house but me understands it; I think it's a literary masterpiece, in individuality if nothing else. :)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61304 on: September 05, 2011, 05:03:03 am »

I'm baaaaack

FROM THE MOUNTAINS

IT WAS HORRIBLE

I didn't get to make smores :V

But at least I didn't die
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 4085 4086 [4087] 4088 4089 ... 13325