Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4081 4082 [4083] 4084 4085 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15763607 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61230 on: September 03, 2011, 10:19:04 pm »

You can try anyway. I'm pretty sure you can get giant rolls of paper from art stores anyway if thats all it ends up being about.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61231 on: September 03, 2011, 10:22:55 pm »

I don't see how anybody could have so little respect. No respect for the architects that put in so much effort, so respect for you and wanting to keep something you saved. I don't know why we aren't talking about this in the sad thread.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61232 on: September 03, 2011, 10:30:48 pm »

I don't see how anybody could have so little respect.
It's scraps of paper found in a recycling bin that would have been ground up into paste and made into egg cartons. Doodling with it isn't an issue. And normally not having your way is also not an issue. I do see a problem with you finding something and having to give up part of it, but that's a minor side thing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #61233 on: September 03, 2011, 10:32:06 pm »

I took some architecture and engineering classes, and I have to say, once you have basic all around design principals, and know some of the symbols and jargon, it's pretty much a cake walk to get the structures down on paper. Are they hand drawn? Hand drawn ones are such a PAIN in the ass to do. Now THAT,  would be some work that truly needs preserving.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61234 on: September 03, 2011, 10:34:10 pm »

I don't see how anybody could have so little respect. No respect for the architects that put in so much effort, so respect for you and wanting to keep something you saved. I don't know why we aren't talking about this in the sad thread.

Because I'm still happy to have found them, and it's one of the few positive things to happen recently. I could make a huge list of sad things to happen this week if I wanted to dwell on them!

And it's still awesome! I've been trying to be more optimistic lately, and it makes me happy to have a huge gigantic pile of blueprints and learn how much work and time (dates on revisions, ect.) goes into planning a single building.

And really, they're getting more respect then they would have at the recycling plant, right?

You can try anyway. I'm pretty sure you can get giant rolls of paper from art stores anyway if thats all it ends up being about.

Hrmm, well with the economy the way it has been, and having a relatively large sized family (my mom, stepdad, and four kids on one income), money has been a bit tight recently, so I can't really just suggest that they go buy a bunch of paper. I remember when we used to get the leftover rolls of paper from the newspaper company for pretty cheap when we lived back in the west, but that's not an option anymore.

I shall be content with convincing them to draw on the backs of the sheets, I suppose. And maybe save the other pad they haven't drawn on yet.

I took some architecture and engineering classes, and I have to say, once you have basic all around design principals, and know some of the symbols and jargon, it's pretty much a cake walk to get the structures down on paper. Are they hand drawn? Hand drawn ones are such a PAIN in the ass to do. Now THAT,  would be some work that truly needs preserving.

I'm trying to figure that out, I don't think so, although there is some writing on some of it that is definitely pen, and the "Index of Drawings" is almost definitely handwritten.

EDIT: No, it's printed. Not hand-drawn.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #61235 on: September 03, 2011, 10:47:54 pm »

So, not as much work as you believe is going into those, but the creativity needed to make an efficient building that is also aesthetically pleasing is very high. So, yeah, still treasure it. I have a couple of blueprints of a hotel/resteraunt. I changed my future views from architecture to computer science recently, however, since the work of an architect is terribly dull after the actual design is done, and you have to put up with zoning laws and property lines and how this code interacts with this code ughhh. . . .I would just rather do something that I enjoy . . . . .on topic, what made me happy is that we have a three day weekend! Neighborhood wide airsoft war FTW!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61236 on: September 04, 2011, 01:26:08 am »

Did I ever say I've been harbouring this secret plan to build a cathedral out of lego?
In actual size!
Ok, not actual size, but big enough that it consumes the centre of my room. Then I'd do a time lapse footage of me building it... Well, stop motion really. I'd put on a couple of bricks, step back, take a picture. That kind of thing.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61237 on: September 04, 2011, 01:29:25 am »

Putting on a couple of bricks and taking a photo would take a long time.
If you can budget for the bricks, then why not a good camera that can do the time laps for you? Because seriously, as awesome as lego is, it isn't free.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61238 on: September 04, 2011, 01:36:12 am »

Did I ever say I've been harbouring this secret plan to build a cathedral out of lego?
In actual size!
Ok, not actual size, but big enough that it consumes the centre of my room. Then I'd do a time lapse footage of me building it... Well, stop motion really. I'd put on a couple of bricks, step back, take a picture. That kind of thing.

You are amazing!  Amazing!  Splendiferous!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61239 on: September 04, 2011, 02:31:47 am »

In actual size!

You are amazing!  Amazing!  Splendiferous!
Want to know the details? Of course you do.
So, a standard 2x4 lego brick is 3.2cmx1.6cm. My guess is I can squeeze about 2.5mx1.5m of room to work with in my room. I could probably squeeze a bit more out of it if I liked, but sticking with that for the basic fudge.
If we use 2x4 bricks the base would be about 78 bricks long, and 47 bricks wide. We get 250 bricks for a block shaped building base. Let's say I want to build this thing 1 metre high. That'd take about 31 tiers of bricks. So that's 7750 bricks... For just the boring wall. I figre I could probably use some building bases and such to fill out most of the roof, but I'm still going to need more bricks, so then, let's call it 10,000 bricks.

On their website, they have this offer of 650 bricks of various sizes for 30 dollars. To get about 10,000 I'd need to buy 11.1 of those. Shoving the price up a little (because you generally try to overestimate with these things), I get 350 dollars for a fudged up cost, add in some other expenses and we'll call it at least 400 dollars.

Now, my plan says that I don't go out and just buy all this. It's just the ultimate goal, I'd start out small, buy 2, maybe 3 of those brick sets, and build something on a smaller scale, get a feel for it. Who knows, maybe I won't need that much after all. It'll be a series of gradually larger cathedrals being built.

There's other details to this plan. I don't intend to leave the bricks their original colour.  I'd spray paint them all shades of grey. Probably in a few varying tones, mix it up a little to give it a more realistic feel. I'd probably make some significantly larger or darker for the "highlights". I might also try flecking them with dark grey, maybe white, or black. Trying to give it that stone feel.
I also have some vague ideas about using lego people as statues, but I'm not so sure about that. I might have to see if that works out.

Of course... maybe this ultimate cathedral might not be ultimate enough. Maybe I'll have to commandeer the living room. And maybe if I outgrow that... There are plenty of places with large open spaces. Perhaps, eventually, I'll work my way up to ACTUALY SIZE MUHAHAHAHA!

Of course I actually doubt I'll even start this project at all. I think it's an interesting idea though.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61240 on: September 04, 2011, 03:12:19 am »

So I was playing Oblivion, and I finally got around to finishing this quest about a merchant who has cheap goods~
Turns out he was getting his stuff from a graverobber and wanted me to stop the guy as repentance~
Then, after killing the graverobber and his buddy, I loot some iron armour off the buddy's corpse and sell it to the merchant~ XD

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61241 on: September 04, 2011, 06:39:34 am »

Playing ChillMOO with someone else is quite fun. All of the orphan murder is great!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61242 on: September 04, 2011, 07:01:47 am »

What's ChillMOO?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61243 on: September 04, 2011, 07:03:33 am »

What's ChillMOO?
The original HellMOO. It now has rules against griefing, which is why it's chilled out compared to, lets say, HATEmoo.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #61244 on: September 04, 2011, 08:18:49 am »

Moira Brown, why must you make me go into mirelurk nests? Why minefields? Why should I make suicide runs and purposey break my legs? Oh, for a book, you say. Well, If you've got the caps then I've got the do-anything-for-money attitude! Still working on the waste land survival guide in fallout 3. Moira is a crazylady. And I'm loving it.
Pages: 1 ... 4081 4082 [4083] 4084 4085 ... 13325