Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4078 4079 [4080] 4081 4082 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15759153 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61185 on: September 02, 2011, 06:29:21 pm »

The day went awesomely, i couldn't sleep this morning so that i sa bit of a minus, but i passed my driving exam, should have my license within two weeks, then at the festival it was all kinds of awesome, trying out new foods (all vegan, but it was quite nice) meeting new people, free booze, general messing around and talking, a great day all in all, and it should repeat tommorrow with even more people and a gig at the end to wrap it all up  :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61186 on: September 02, 2011, 06:31:32 pm »

Cute indie games can conjure a smile on my face.
Yay for games!

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61187 on: September 02, 2011, 06:39:20 pm »

Got my Koss PortaPros today. These things are awesome. Comfortable, and comparable in sound quality to my $60 Turtle Beach headset. This might be the best $35 I've ever spent. Another thanks, to those who recommended these!
Protapros are some of the best cheap headphones you could buy. If you end up spending $60 again, watch out for grabbing grado SR-60 or SR-80s and sennheiser HD280 pros on sale. That'll open your ears and wallet up to entry level audiophile-dom :P
Actually, the Turtle Beach headset was a gift. It was great for Xbox gaming. I don't really play Xbox any more, though, so they're kind of in random use on my computer. They pick up footsteps very well, which is nice for STALKER, my only real FPS.

As it stands, I'm trying to save up money (gradually) to get a computer of my own. After that, I'll start stepping away from the budget line. :)
Plus, the PortaPros are (quite expectedly) portable. I'm very comfortable with tossing a $35 set in my bag. Not so much at the higher prices.

I personally wouldn't rate $60 as cheap :P
It's not, for standard headphones. There are basically 3 ranges (as I see it): Common, Quality, and Crazy. I'm shopping in the Quality range, of which the PortaPro is the bottom line. My $60 pair would be about the middle of it. The Quality range mostly applies to ("serious") gamers and music lovers. Kael is a very moderate example of the Crazy range.

On an unrelated note, I have way too many games. In a good way. My "My Games" folder has 56 separate game folders in it. And that's just the (legitimately) free stuff I've downloaded.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61188 on: September 02, 2011, 06:48:34 pm »

You like fun yeah?  Eat best tasty beefburgers and very very fun times for all!
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61189 on: September 02, 2011, 06:49:23 pm »

http://tokenskeptic.org/2011/05/17/episode-seventy-on-hoaxing-the-hoaxers-dr-karen-stollznow-matthew-baxter-and/
Podcast episode about some skeptics hoaxing some ghost hunters; it's a really great listen and absolutely hilarious.
The concept of being a "skeptic" to me is weird, but it is an entertaining listen
Thank you based dwarf.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #61190 on: September 02, 2011, 06:56:54 pm »

http://tokenskeptic.org/2011/05/17/episode-seventy-on-hoaxing-the-hoaxers-dr-karen-stollznow-matthew-baxter-and/
Podcast episode about some skeptics hoaxing some ghost hunters; it's a really great listen and absolutely hilarious.
The concept of being a "skeptic" to me is weird, but it is an entertaining listen
Skeptics are mostly just rationalists who actively fight against the acceptance of BS claims. Not to be confused with global warming "skeptics," who are essentially a bunch of credulous conspiracy theorists.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:58:39 pm by alway »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61191 on: September 02, 2011, 07:04:59 pm »

That's an awfully over-heroic definition. If you are a Skeptic you are skeptical over a claim or number of claims. The title itself should carry another word with it to state what claim they are skeptical about.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61192 on: September 02, 2011, 07:11:34 pm »

It is just a weird term to define oneself with.
Thank you based dwarf.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #61193 on: September 02, 2011, 08:14:36 pm »

I'm finally nearing the end of Red Dead Redemption. Squeeeeeee! It really is great. This is one of the few times that the characters in a game have really struck a deep cord in me. When
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  Please tell me that I'm not the only person on this forum to enjoy this game!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61194 on: September 02, 2011, 08:17:23 pm »

Cute indie games can conjure a smile on my face.
Yay for games!
What game? I'm interested now.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61195 on: September 02, 2011, 08:20:23 pm »

I'm finally nearing the end of Red Dead Redemption. Squeeeeeee! It really is great. This is one of the few times that the characters in a game have really struck a deep cord in me. When
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  Please tell me that I'm not the only person on this forum to enjoy this game!

You are gonna hate the ending so much
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61196 on: September 02, 2011, 08:28:57 pm »

I personally wouldn't rate $60 as cheap :P
It's not, for standard headphones. There are basically 3 ranges (as I see it): Common, Quality, and Crazy. I'm shopping in the Quality range, of which the PortaPro is the bottom line. My $60 pair would be about the middle of it. The Quality range mostly applies to ("serious") gamers and music lovers. Kael is a very moderate example of the Crazy range.
$60 is pretty cheap, and you'll get decent headphones if you know where to look. That's a few hours of work or less if you have no morals ;) it's not a bad investment for something that will last you a few years. Hell, people are now paying $60 for video games they will play less than 20 hours.

As for crazy range, even I don't hear acoustic difference of headphones above $1000. Those people are crazy. I will just mod my midlevel ones to my own preference and be happy.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61197 on: September 02, 2011, 08:31:14 pm »

60 dollars could feed me Yumi and Kitsune for a month.
*Hugs*

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61198 on: September 02, 2011, 09:02:39 pm »

Yeah, divide by $.25... 25 cents, that's how long I could feed my former students in thailand. That's the inequality inherent in the socio-econonomic reality we've built for ourselves. I regularly send a couple hundred $ overseas to my "kids" every few months and still guilt myself for not doing enough.

My advice is craigslist, if they have it in your area, or finding support for dayjobs and/or busking/begging. Local foodbanks too.

Anyhow, happy thread stuff - when I become a rich asshole, I'm going to continue to invest my wealth away like warren buffet and bill gates.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #61199 on: September 02, 2011, 10:29:50 pm »

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 4078 4079 [4080] 4081 4082 ... 13325