Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4067 4068 [4069] 4070 4071 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15763091 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #61020 on: August 30, 2011, 05:08:53 pm »

I just put a McChicken sandwich inside a Ghetto Big Mac (which is just a double cheeseburger with "Big Mac Sauce" instead of ketchup and fries instead of extra buns). As an American, I've never been happier to reinforce cultural stereotypes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61021 on: August 30, 2011, 05:27:16 pm »

Godel, Escher, Bach get.
Finally have it, after wanting the book for about a year now. :D
Hooray I always meant to get that book.

But my dad gave me a pile of old scientific american's from when Hoffstadter did his column so I've actually read a ton of the material through that ;)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #61022 on: August 30, 2011, 05:37:00 pm »

It's like intellectual pound-cake covered in fudge sauce and caramel. So delicious, but also so dense I have to stop frequently to just let it digest. :D

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61023 on: August 30, 2011, 05:54:23 pm »

Wait, wait.  So there's kilometers.  Then meters.  Then centimeters.  Then milometers.  Then for volume we have liters.  And milliliters.  But no kiloliters or centiliters?...  :o
If I may be so free to chime in on this old question, the prefixes apply to liters just as they apply to meters, so you can get an attoliter if you would like and have the equipment to measure it. However, the liter is a derivative SI-unit defined as a cubic decimeter or 10-3 m3, which is why one usually uses the units derived from the  m3 instead of those derived from the liter.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #61024 on: August 30, 2011, 05:55:31 pm »

<--
I like old memes.

Thank you, human Spammer, for making the thread that put me back in touch with this one.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #61025 on: August 30, 2011, 07:44:05 pm »

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61026 on: August 30, 2011, 08:16:05 pm »

All our Gundams are belong to you?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61027 on: August 30, 2011, 08:22:06 pm »

Always fun to hang with my dad and sometimes talk about his childhood. He seemed like somewhat of a hoodlum at times, fun to hear the stories.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #61028 on: August 30, 2011, 08:32:42 pm »

I just watched Knowing.  It was bad, but it was Nicolas Cage so I don't care.  Nicolas Cage is one of the greatest things to happen to the world, key word "thing"

He broods, he freaks out, he acts ridiculous.  SPOILER Aliens come, and it's retarded. UNSPOILER

He hams it up, I guess, would be what I'm trying to say.  It might've been a decent horror movie if they'd cut out the SPOILER aliens UNSPOILER and cast an actor in the leading role.  I loved it.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61029 on: August 30, 2011, 08:35:21 pm »

I just watched Knowing.  It was bad, but it was Nicolas Cage so I don't care.  Nicolas Cage is one of the greatest things to happen to the world, key word "thing"

I'm watching Lord of War right now myself.  It's Nic Cage as Viktor Bout, nerdy on top of super nerdy; this movie was made for me.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #61030 on: August 30, 2011, 08:44:59 pm »

Ah, nicolas cage. I enjoyed both Lord of War and Knowing. I thought they were both pretty good, but lord of war is hands down better. To quote one of my favorite movies (lord of war :P) "Selling a gun for the first time is a lot like having sex for the first time." If that can give you an idea of what the movie is like. Anyways, Im happy that bay 12 oft has similar movie tastes as me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61031 on: August 30, 2011, 08:47:44 pm »

First college class EVER is over.  Computer science stuff with computing and yaddha yaddha.  Tomorrow is Calculus and Spanish plus my physical again.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61032 on: August 30, 2011, 08:51:45 pm »

First college class EVER is over.  Computer science stuff with computing and yaddha yaddha.  Tomorrow is Calculus and Spanish plus my physical again.
I assume you have been in the class at least twice before going over the syllabus and required textbook information.

Unless not community colleges are different.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61033 on: August 30, 2011, 08:55:07 pm »

So, first off, my professor from last semester who wants me to write the honors thesis sent me an email to check on me and make sure I'd settled in well.  I'm gonna go to her office hours :3

Second, I had a class with Professor Poland today.  This would not normally be True Happy Thread Material, but at the end of his hour-and-a-half lecture, he'd went over a couple of minutes and the professor who was supposed to teach the next class sort of stomped in.  Then they had a little bicker-fest about which time it was (3:39 or 3:35?) and when the course would actually be able to start because Professor Poland was Holding Things Up, at which point the other dude left because he knew he'd pretty much lost and he was just going to have to start his class when we all finally shut up and left.

The moment he closed the door, Poland began to grumble about how the other dude was just a stupid engineer who didn't know anything, because his watch was Swiss and therefore infallible.

Then we went out in the hall and he lectured for another hour and a half.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61034 on: August 30, 2011, 09:00:31 pm »

I assume you have been in the class at least twice before going over the syllabus and required textbook information.
 Unless not community colleges are different.
He just wants us to read a few chapters yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 4067 4068 [4069] 4070 4071 ... 13325