Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4064 4065 [4066] 4067 4068 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760372 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60975 on: August 30, 2011, 11:09:43 am »

You do have a point there, Reely.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #60976 on: August 30, 2011, 11:26:40 am »

I'm in the Freaks section.  I haven't seen all that many freaks but we could definitely fit into the Jesus and Meth zone.
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #60977 on: August 30, 2011, 11:33:06 am »

I'm in the Freaks section.  I haven't seen all that many freaks but we could definitely fit into the Jesus and Meth zone.
Somebody moved the border while you slept. Go get freaky, you freak. The power of Meth Jesus compels you!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #60978 on: August 30, 2011, 11:34:02 am »

What about Jesus freaks?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60979 on: August 30, 2011, 11:34:37 am »

Trying to insinuate that Strike Witches = MLP + Foyles War, and talking about Macross vs Robotech reminded me of this hilarious (joke) theory that the Macross sequels are ripping off Robotech. May not mean much unless you're familiar with the 2 franchises but it's a real stretch of logic, somehow it all fits :-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Source: http://forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-18502.html
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:16:02 pm by Reelyanoob »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60981 on: August 30, 2011, 12:09:47 pm »

Apparently I'm corrupt and broken.

Which is 106% true :P
There you have it, internet. I am an arsehole. There's your fucking evidence.

On other news, finally done with stuff!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60982 on: August 30, 2011, 12:33:57 pm »

Trying to insinuate that Strike Witches = MLP + Foyles War, and talking about Macross vs Robotech reminded me of this hilarious (joke) theory that the Macross sequels are ripping off Robotech. May not mean much unless you're familiar with the 2 franchises but it's a real stretch of logic, somehow it all fits :-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Source: http://forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-18502.html

It's a good thing my friend doesn't frequent these boards, because the slightest, most remote mentioning of Robotech would send him flying into an angry tirade on how much he hates Harmony Gold:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmony_Gold_USA

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60983 on: August 30, 2011, 12:36:38 pm »

Oh hey good ending in HRtP. That was random.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60984 on: August 30, 2011, 12:44:14 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmony_Gold_USA
Haven't seen anything much on that list of thing's they've made.

They're in a deal to make a live-action Robotech: Macross movie (the first in a trilogy), starring Tobey McGuire as Rick Hunter. But the catch is they don't own the rights to any artwork or mecha + character designs from Macross. They only own the names of characters which they changed, e.g. Rick. So they're having trouble coming up with a script. XD. It'd be like trying to film star wars without having luke, han, leia c3pO R2D2, X-wings or tie-fighters, and not allowed to feature the Death Star. Apparently the starship "Macross" crashing on Earth has been written out of the plot :/ since that's a copyrighted design by someone else.

With Southern Cross and Mospeada, they won't have a problem though, because their Japanese partners do actually own the rights to those, so they can use the stuff from those series.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:50:55 pm by Reelyanoob »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60985 on: August 30, 2011, 01:18:40 pm »

Oh my crap. The library job finally got back to me, a month after my interview, and I get my official job offer tomorrow. I am very excited now. This is an excited man typing.

Next month was already starting to look so bleak, but- oh hey there, Hope. My apologies; I hadn't noticed how I'd just sorta been holding on to you like that, without noticing you were there for so long. Let me just, *ehem* stand up and dust myself off over here... yeah.

TL;DR Fuck yeah, employment!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #60986 on: August 30, 2011, 01:18:52 pm »

Wait, wait.  So there's kilometers.  Then meters.  Then centimeters.  Then milometers.  Then for volume we have liters.  And milliliters.  But no kiloliters or centiliters?...  :o

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60987 on: August 30, 2011, 01:20:19 pm »

Florence, reperformed by Daniel Lavoie and Bruno Pelletier on 11/12/10 in Moscow

I feel better listening to this whenever the future feels uncertain.  They've aged well.

Also, I finally finished reading Descartes' two little works, and let me tell you, I have been edified and enlightened.  I want to spend more time thinking carefully, so I can go even farther.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #60988 on: August 30, 2011, 01:21:03 pm »

I've seen centilitres used in France, but they're pretty rare.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60989 on: August 30, 2011, 01:24:48 pm »

It's an extremely good day out today. And so was yesterday. And so was Sunday.
Well, Sunday not so much. It was hurricane that day.
Then again, it was barely any rain, and there wasn't a whole lot of wind, although a few trees fell.

Also read a few books from a series called Guardians of Ga'Hoole which is about owls, which are pretty good, despite being a young person's series.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 4064 4065 [4066] 4067 4068 ... 13325