Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4053 4054 [4055] 4056 4057 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757774 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:20:45 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60811 on: August 28, 2011, 01:14:00 pm »

There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60812 on: August 28, 2011, 01:15:43 pm »

I was linked to the picture by somebody over IM, so unless the image isn't displaying I choose to ignore your criticism.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60813 on: August 28, 2011, 01:17:01 pm »

I was linked to the picture by somebody over IM, so unless the image isn't displaying I choose to ignore your criticism.
It shows a jpg. saying "4chan.org". I know what I'm saying. Image leeching.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #60814 on: August 28, 2011, 01:19:47 pm »

It is link fail, if I had thought you would doubt tomas's word, I would have posted as such.
Good day!
BOLLY!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60815 on: August 28, 2011, 01:21:07 pm »

Fair enough, fixed. I suppose bandwidth leeching is something worth correcting.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #60816 on: August 28, 2011, 01:22:09 pm »

Why can't I stop laughing
Reminds me of Ace Combat and the poor saps I shoot out of the sky. :P

Actually, I think that was the topic of one Photoshop contest. "What if game mechanics existed in real life?"

EDIT:
Speaking of Ace Combat, I think I finally actually got the debugging down and have something relatively watchable in quality on my channel now. More or less (what limited viewing I could get jumping in and out during good ratings to see for myself). Anyway, even if the initial stream isn't as great, it should still be rather watchable nonetheless, and a higher quality version will be uploaded for on-demand anyway. Expect the stream to be on average around 15-24 FPS (about 20 on average). Oh yeah, and when would be a good time so there's an audience?

EDIT EDIT:
On-Off watching and checking each FPS (Directly in-channel to be sure), I figured that 15-24 FPS is ideal and watchable enough quality; albeit, I also have a bit of a 5-10 second delay between when I record, and when everyone sees it (at least, according to my machine). I'll know what to look out for when it comes to broadcasting now. YAY! Again, I'll need to find a good time to broadcast so I can get a decent enough audience.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:20:16 pm by Itnetlolor »

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60817 on: August 28, 2011, 02:45:12 pm »

Last night I decided to upgrade everything, from my SharpE scheme to my internet browser, music player, visual style, even my console client, and all that fun stuff. Much thanks to ein :D <3

Also I decided to go back and replay Doukutsu, Wind Waker, Link's Awakening, and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Nostalgia :D

Also Contention is an awesome song that everyone should listen to.

Edit: Just started up Link's Awakening in an emulator. I think I might cry, although that may be because I'm sick rather than actual emotions :b
Oh my god there's even that weird glitch where you go behind the Bowwow's dog house and between the fence. I remember doing that so much ;_;
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:59:22 pm by Vertigon »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #60818 on: August 28, 2011, 03:05:51 pm »

Okay, then let us say that he declares that everyone has to have shoes on their heads, my point stands, why is he important?

Edit: Why must you do what he says? I'm really curious.
Something to do with him having God's phone number.
He also cannot ever be wrong, apparently.

Wrong.

We obey what he says because he is the heir of St Peter. That's covered more in the gospels, but I can dig up some references.

And he has papal infallibility, the same as the Ecumenical Councils. I don't recall any time the current pope has spoken ex cathedra, so why do you bring it up?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #60819 on: August 28, 2011, 03:10:07 pm »

Okay, then let us say that he declares that everyone has to have shoes on their heads, my point stands, why is he important?

Wrong.

We obey what he says because he is the heir of St Peter. That's covered more in the gospels, but I can dig up some references.

And he has papal infallibility, the same as the Ecumenical Councils. I don't recall any time the current pope has spoken ex cathedra, so why do you bring it up?

Well, I started it because of honest curiosity.

Do you treat the pope as your absolute spritiual monarch? As mentioned, even if it sounds silly, if the pope declared that wearing a shoe on your head is proper, would you then do it? And would there be a limit to what he could ask of you?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #60820 on: August 28, 2011, 03:22:48 pm »

Guys, this is happy thread. Feel free to PM us/me/him with questions.

Anyways, looking at some great demotivaters made me happy, in addition to tennis with friends.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #60821 on: August 28, 2011, 03:30:37 pm »

Wrong.

Well, I started it because of honest curiosity.

Do you treat the pope as your absolute spritiual monarch? As mentioned, even if it sounds silly, if the pope declared that wearing a shoe on your head is proper, would you then do it? And would there be a limit to what he could ask of you?

Was referring the 'why did you bring it up' to MSH.

In answer to your questions.

1. No. While he is not speaking infallibly, he's just another theologian/priest. You'd pay him more respect because, hey, he's the top of the class, but nothing more than that.
2. No. He's only able to speak infallibly on moral and spiritual matters, only if he says he is, and even then, only if he uses the proper language.
3. Yes. If he was asking us to do something that was clearly immoral (say, murdering people), it would still be wrong to do it.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #60822 on: August 28, 2011, 03:41:23 pm »

My ship design lived up to it's name. :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Game is Star Ruler, btw. Hell of a fun time; thus far my awesome realizations include things like 'oh hey, I can built an artillery platform capable of wiping out life on any planet from my homeworld' and 'my battleships are so large as to require strip mining a dozen systems to build one.'

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60823 on: August 28, 2011, 03:50:02 pm »

I received an email from my German lecturer, all in German~  All in German, all in German!  Yay!  I feel smart because I could mostly understand it!  More yay!

I dunno, really.  Anything to not have to think about Mr. Descartes and some of his less intelligent statements.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60824 on: August 28, 2011, 04:05:41 pm »

Is doch ma was Gutes, ne?

On a similar note, I got an e-mail from my English teacher telling me that she finished writing the letter of recommendation.

It's amazing how many figurative doors are open for me just because I read the House of Leaves.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 04:15:08 pm by Darvi »
Pages: 1 ... 4053 4054 [4055] 4056 4057 ... 13325