Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4048 4049 [4050] 4051 4052 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762271 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60735 on: August 27, 2011, 04:47:41 pm »

Just finished *cough*legally downloading 777MB worth of Touhou remixes, got my hands on some of the tastiest food-like product in the world, am about to start a CSS + Aurora marathon, my roommate is visiting home, and I don't have any classes on Saturday.

Take pleasure in the simple things, eh?  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #60736 on: August 27, 2011, 05:24:58 pm »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DungeonsTheDragoning

"Or, more appropriately, Dungeons: The Dragoning 40,000 7th Edition"

Actually, 'Dungeons The Dragoning: 40k: 7th Edition: Book II: For A Few Subtitles More'

What is it: tabletop RPG mashup. Awesome tabletop RPG mashup.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #60737 on: August 27, 2011, 05:43:15 pm »

O HAI I'm back from camp and I'm high on life and brb I'm gonna run up a mountain!!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60738 on: August 27, 2011, 05:46:56 pm »

O HAI I'm back from camp and I'm high on life and brb I'm gonna run up a mountain!!
I think you're high on more than life.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60739 on: August 27, 2011, 05:48:22 pm »

Very weird drug. Side effects: Politeness, extreme hiking, lack of focus. 
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #60740 on: August 27, 2011, 05:52:49 pm »

Played more TF2, and I got a black box and a pain train! I'm not so crazy about the pain train since it makes me a bit weaker to BOOLET... But the black box is pretty cool, and the morale boost from getting it sent me on a rocket rampage .D
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #60741 on: August 27, 2011, 06:14:42 pm »

Very weird drug. Side effects: Politeness, extreme hiking, lack of focus.
Come with me next year and you'll experience the best high of your life!  Brb I'm gonna wrestle a bear.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60742 on: August 27, 2011, 06:16:49 pm »

Watch out. You may encounter a bear with the energy of two bears.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #60743 on: August 27, 2011, 06:31:09 pm »

Actually, 'Dungeons The Dragoning: 40k: 7th Edition: Book II: For A Few Subtitles More'

Inspiring me to try to run a game of this IRL.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60744 on: August 27, 2011, 06:34:36 pm »

Inspiring me to try to run a game of this IRL.

Likewise.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #60745 on: August 27, 2011, 06:39:56 pm »

Best. SC. Fail. Ever.
I don't even play SC2 but that had me laughing out loud. Cheers for posting it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #60746 on: August 27, 2011, 06:49:04 pm »

I gotta get back to RTS playing again; though unfortunately, my skills are better suited for Age of Emipres 2.
^ Get Star wars: Galactic Battlegrounds ;) It's AOE2 meets Star Wars (Literally. Uses the exact same engine)
Just tried it out. Went through the tutorial campaign. Albeit with a few crashes here and there (especially after a good 30 mins. of non-stop development >:( ).

I realized that the game has a couple of the same game breakers AOE2 had. For starters, the AI sees villagers and equivalent as non-threatening. So I used the fishing ships to lay tons of outpost buoys all over the rivers, and a few sentry towers deep within (as long as it's away from aggressive units and towers). I can see everything they're doing at little expense, and have a long-shot heads-up of what their forces are going to look like hitting me with an effective 30 seconds lead time to prepare my forces. I do like the new style of play in some areas (air units add a whole new dimension to classic AOE2 style gameplay), not to mention trade carts can go over water now, which really makes them more broken as well (50+ bucks per cart x 8 carts minimum x constant import/export (clean path or distracted AI) = $$$). Screw Jedi Temples. Heck, even the animal pens are really abusive. Max out the upgrades, and have one fully-stocked with nerfs or banthas, and farming can be put on the backburner from there on out. Of course, this is against the AI. Against human players, I can easily see these as top-priority targets.

Before a few crashes, I noticed quite a bit of rust on my RTS skills, so that'll need some time to develop. Maybe a few random maps against the computer ought to apply some WD-40 to it.

In other news, I might be continuing Ace Combat 2 tonight at 9PM. Hopefully this time there shouldn't be any problems. Just in case, I'll just upload the next video after I'm done playing.

EDIT:
Did a series of tests, and it's still crapping out on me. no longer than a minute into my broadcast, and the internet cuts out on me, or a memory leak occurs. Aside from nerfing my graphics to absolutely horrific, are there any methods of optimizing CPU and upload rates? It has also informed me to avoid shared connections (which there are some people that use the network in the household), and that my internet is too slow for uploading (It's plenty quick, outside my USB wireless adapter; which I have been meaning to upgrade whenever I could afford to). I personally still think Procaster is not too well made for optimizing it's performance (CPU-wise), even at low settings. Too many memory leaks occur too frequently.

EDIT EDIT:
Sorry, but no livestream tonight. Alternatively, I can maybe still record and upload that and comment later at a set time to simulate a live experience. But meh. Won't feel the same.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:13:07 pm by Itnetlolor »

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #60747 on: August 27, 2011, 07:16:35 pm »

This is a highly disturbing amount of [...] penis
::) >:(

If this is not hilarious, I don't know what is XD Such as thing to cheer me up tonight <3

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60748 on: August 27, 2011, 07:18:04 pm »

I am almost done with my first two weeks or so of German homework.  Whooo!  It took five hours, but I'm starting to remember my rhythm, and that it's okay for things to take a long time at first.  I feel a lot better about this sort of thing than I have for ages.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60749 on: August 27, 2011, 08:05:37 pm »

Despite hurricane being in the same state, I haven't had to deal with anything more than a couple hours of power outage, and candles.
Huzzah!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 4048 4049 [4050] 4051 4052 ... 13325