Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4046 4047 [4048] 4049 4050 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762770 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60705 on: August 27, 2011, 07:21:54 am »

I imagine you all as your avatar, people who I've seen before and now remind me of your account or yourself, if I've seen a picture.

You know what made me happy today? Cataclysm.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60706 on: August 27, 2011, 07:24:50 am »

I imagine you all as your avatar, people who I've seen before and now remind me of your account or yourself, if I've seen a picture.
I still expect to see a picture of you with metal hair. Black metal makeup and spikes optional.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #60707 on: August 27, 2011, 07:46:24 am »

AoD's avatar makes me think of Uncle Fester from the Addams' Family.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60708 on: August 27, 2011, 11:11:09 am »

HOLYSHITWEHAVEMEATBALLSINTHEFRIDGEWHYDIDNOBODYTELLMEABOUTTHEMOMNOMNOMNOM

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60709 on: August 27, 2011, 11:12:00 am »

Refried beans with cheese are the best breakfast. I am so happy I learned how to make these. Also, they're so cheap.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60710 on: August 27, 2011, 11:13:32 am »

Refried beans with cheese are the best breakfast. I am so happy I learned how to make these. Also, they're so cheap.
Get some taco shells and make burritos.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #60711 on: August 27, 2011, 11:39:11 am »

I saw some SC2 stuff a bit back, and I have to ask. How does the star craft series stack up to the supreme commander series? I play sup commander 2 almost exclusivly to all other RTS games.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60713 on: August 27, 2011, 11:53:56 am »

Starcraft 1/Brood Wars is pretty limited in unit numbers etc (can only control 12 units per group), but has pretty good production values. Haven't played SC2.

I've played Supreme Commander (Forged Alliance) and Total Annihilation on the other side.

Supreme Commander 1 has it all over Starcraft 1 in complexity and scale, Starcraft 1 at least is good for a quick game. Has a good single player campaign.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #60715 on: August 27, 2011, 11:59:35 am »

Ive seen videos of star craft 2, and it looks like it has a very smooth feel to it. I always thought that supreme commander ran smoothly too, and it has a 250 unit cap on most maps. It has a decent campaign as well. I may be biased, as huge planet shattering battles as sorta my thing :P

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #60716 on: August 27, 2011, 12:19:28 pm »

Best. SC. Fail. Ever.
Holy crap. Best/Worst timing ever; I agree.

I gotta get back to RTS playing again; though unfortunately, my skills are better suited for Age of Emipres 2. I can recall a few games against my sisters that what was initially a good strategy on their part, but just crumbled before my foresight of their actions. One such tactic I applied was placing a castle-camp right in her blind spot just outside my city walls, and right next to her outpost/raid camp. It was JUST out of sight enough, that it became a full-fledged outpost pumping out elephants like no tomorrow, as well as a good share of catapults and trebuchets and horses. Her poor walls and cannon towers never stood a chance. Just as well, I flanked her entire city in here minutes.

And even when she took over my city (when I allowed her to), it was barren as ever, and I ambushed her from my outposts, and wiped out the rest of her military in one fell swoop. It was probably one of the best games we played, because she was doing well in the beginning. Had she noticed I had a spare villager or 2 building a castle outside the city walls, she could've taken me down. Especially since I ran my resources to the ground by then, and was running low on resources/gold to make more elephants. I was practically relying on the market to get my resources in order, since she had outposts covering every other resource pile in the map.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:22:27 pm by Itnetlolor »

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #60717 on: August 27, 2011, 12:24:45 pm »

Any body else have any thoughts on star craft vs supreme commander? By the way, playing a campaign mission in sup commander 2 is what made me happy today.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60718 on: August 27, 2011, 12:36:56 pm »

I gotta get back to RTS playing again; though unfortunately, my skills are better suited for Age of Emipres 2.

^ Get Star wars: Galactic Battlegrounds ;) It's AOE2 meets Star Wars (Literally. Uses the exact same engine)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #60719 on: August 27, 2011, 01:45:04 pm »

Managed to avoid a bunch of unecessary extra work fixing a busted doorknob. It was so bad off, the only option to fix it was to take the door off it's hinges (the primary mechanism was completely unresponsive to any amount of turning, and it also locked itself into the locked position). However, I managed to notice a wider gap in the door and managed to jimmy the door open (and not damage the door frame or the door itself), and replace the doorknob in a quarter of the time and pretty much solo. As a bonus, the door can more reliably close as well (since I re-offset it again), and not require a precision closing (or multiple closing/slammings) to get it to closed. The best thing, the main doorway now works again, and now everyone no longer needs to use the sliding doors to go in and out of the bottom floor. We can use the front door as it was intended again (It was like this for at least a couple days; really inconvenient). For some reason, it felt like the lockpicking thing in the Fallout 3 games, with at least a hard lockpick rating (75 skill or higher).

EDIT:
Holy crap, my timing is good. A really nasty storm just came in from out of the blue.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:11:09 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 4046 4047 [4048] 4049 4050 ... 13325