Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4038 4039 [4040] 4041 4042 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766947 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60585 on: August 25, 2011, 03:17:58 pm »

Back from the orientation after a long morning.  Text books and stuff will cost around $350, thankfully I have the nice PTA scholarship to pay it off.  :3  I'll be picking my stuff up tomorrow for basically free which is awesome.  There was a comedian there afterwards too named Micheal Dean Ester, he was pretty funny.  Wasn't really expecting a free comedy show, probably to relieve the bombshell of the morning.

Apparently each credit hour in-class will transfer to about three hours out of class studying and working as well.  If I have 17 credit hours that means I'll have about 51 hours outside of class.  :P  If I sleep for eight hours each day I will be doing college stuff ~10 hours per day on average and ~6 hours of free time per day on average.  Oh boy.

Also yeah college kids are pretty nice I guess.  I saw two classmates from High School there.  Although, since the surrounding area around the campus is pretty dirty some guy in a hoodie called me Harry Potter, hehe.

I'm a wizard.

Oh, and Serious Sam 3.  Sweet wasn't expecting that.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #60586 on: August 25, 2011, 03:26:28 pm »

The amount of "homework" varies greatly by class and your personal aptitudes. They just want to be sure you are ready to allocate enough time for study in a worst case scenario.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #60587 on: August 25, 2011, 03:28:56 pm »

Yeah I don't really expect to do too hot unless a study anyway.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60588 on: August 25, 2011, 06:47:47 pm »

Sure, we have no power, but last night's dinner made me happy. Rice, chili, cheese, and chips. Simple enough, but a good meal nonetheless. Thank goodness for gas stoves.
Also, I discovered last night that Steam still works without internet! I can't talk with people on it or play anything multiplayer, but I've got VVVVVV and Braid and other things. Good thing we have a portable power thingy on which to charge stuff. I also have a spare laptop battery, though I don't like the idea of shutting everything down and starting it back up (as opposed to hibernation mode).
At least it's not winter.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60589 on: August 25, 2011, 06:57:23 pm »

I joined the soccer team today. Hello, an hour and a half of running.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #60590 on: August 25, 2011, 07:07:37 pm »

A wing of the hurricane hit town, but that didn't stop me (or my sister and nephew) from jumping into the ocean and catching some waves, as well as signing my nephew into the Hurricane Club, where fear of the weather doesn't exist, but fun takes it's place. He's got an idea for rock climbing, but needs to work on running from waves and jumping to the nearest safe spot as the surge passes by, and how to fight heavy currents if caught in them, or how to ride a surge back to shore like a penguin. Other activities include playing football in the middle of the surges, taking a blanket and catching the heavy winds, and additionally, provided we have one available, and a long stretch of empty road, wind surfing on a skateboard.

I hope we're not the only ones crazy enough to make the most out of hurricanes.

EDIT: ↓
So? As long as you know how to read the waves and the storm, as well as how to avoid/get out in case you fail, you're relatively safe. Plus, it's not like we go solo all the time, and we have limits when we do so. We practically grew up around these storms.

Plus, we also saw some other boogie boarders jump out to catch waves further out. They drifted a good several blocks away, according to what they stated when they returned.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:22:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #60591 on: August 25, 2011, 07:16:27 pm »

You do realize that is the #1 way to die in a hurricane.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60592 on: August 25, 2011, 07:20:24 pm »

He seems both happy and healthy.  Like he's lost a bit of weight.

Also, there is a Polish woman in my German class!

And I got to see one of my friends down the hall from set theory, and another friend sits just behind me in that class.  It's gonna be great!

Hey hey hey >_<

Slightly less happy is the fact that I have three chapters of a math textbook to read by next Tuesday, but that was why I took the Professor Poland Course of Doom this semester--so at the very least, I wouldn't be completely bored.

Also, kind of funny story.  I went down to the math library and snuggled up in one of the big leather chairs to fall asleep.  Since I tend to wake up every 15 minutes or so in order to make sure no one is stealing my stuff (which I am usually hugging with a death-grip), I was awake enough to see this dude with a red bow tie and yellowish suit sit down nearby.  I, being tired and grumpy, thought "fucking physicists" and rolled over.

Guess who was teaching the set theory course I walked into 20 minutes later?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60593 on: August 25, 2011, 07:22:13 pm »

Hehe.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #60594 on: August 25, 2011, 07:23:27 pm »

I take back everything I've said of this test.  This test is amazing.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60595 on: August 25, 2011, 07:30:11 pm »

Why are they both mongoloid reptile people?

Also, oh my God, that test is awesome now.  It's a dating sim.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60596 on: August 25, 2011, 07:31:02 pm »

Her face is plain scary.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #60597 on: August 25, 2011, 07:31:45 pm »

A minty scent just floated in here. I love mints.

Also, if you can do that part over and over again, I suggest you get them drunk off their asses.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #60598 on: August 25, 2011, 07:33:04 pm »

It's a dating sim.
It's the most inane test I have ever took and it's taking for damn ever.  All of these plot developments man.

I seriously just got a Homestuck-style chat box.

Alcoholstuck.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60599 on: August 25, 2011, 07:36:00 pm »

Alcoholstuck.

Why does a test on alcohol include eavesdropping on people's incredibly boring IM conversations?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 4038 4039 [4040] 4041 4042 ... 13325