Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4034 4035 [4036] 4037 4038 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15763098 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60525 on: August 25, 2011, 02:40:20 am »

Finished work for the week.

I've got no idea what 'credits' are, but I'm only doing four courses.
I can't say for certain but it sounds like you might be a fellow Brit. I say this because four courses is standard for college here. College in the USA and college in the UK aren't the same thing. They are basically talking about university when they say college. UK college is more like high school but can mean a load of other things.

I was assuming they meant Uni, which is what I'm talking about too :P I'm not a Brit, but an Aussie. In hours, I'm doing 12.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60526 on: August 25, 2011, 02:47:12 am »

You Commonwealth Englishpeople and your confusing alternate defining of words. :P
In an attempt to shift the blame it's not just us but Australia and Canada also. They are both Commonwealth which is likely something to do with it.
There.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #60527 on: August 25, 2011, 03:13:12 am »

I just found a great game/music mixture [CITICATION NEEDED]. Twilight Of The Gods and Cataclysm.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #60528 on: August 25, 2011, 04:05:26 am »

So, playing oblivion, decided to go to the Kavatch stuff since I like that quest and things, so on the way one of my companions finds a wolf...

He whacks it so hard with his two handed mace it flys TEN feet into the air, spinning and if it was alive probally screaming.

I just took a step back and I just... Well DAMN. There's a word for what just happened besides hilarious but I can't recall it.

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60529 on: August 25, 2011, 04:09:28 am »

At my uni, I go in two days a week. Tuesday and Thursday (today). Every thursday I go into the common room and bunker down to keep out the biting cold of 6-8 AM in the morning.

Basically I get onto one of the nice, comfy couches, turn the heating up, watch My Little Pony.

There's a girl who keeps coming in on the Thursday mornings and goes to sleep on the other couch. Today I found a cushion for her :)
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60530 on: August 25, 2011, 04:11:57 am »

Worst summer in Texas history, A/C cranked throughout the state, the power companies warning that school being in session could cause rolling brownouts.  Amazingly, not a single one.

Until tonight, when I come home from work to find me neighborhood pitch black, but the electrical guys are already on the scene.  I navigate my way into the house, stepping on my cat twice because the dumbass thinks hiding under my feet while I'm walking is the best way to get attention and doesn't know I can't see in the dark.  I can forgive him once, but twice in two minutes?

I change my clothes, and spend five minutes lighting a candle because I have five lighters in my bedroom alone and couldn't get one to light.  I quickly grab a soda from the fridge and decide on a book to read by candlelight, when the power comes back on.  And my cat's back in my lap.  Ah, modern living.

Now to see how long it stays on.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60531 on: August 25, 2011, 04:15:34 am »

I'm nearly on my tenth page of PM's! Yay!
Do be aware this has an upper limit. Unless the last forum software update removed that.

Might want to trim that a bit or you might not be able to recieve PMs anymore.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60532 on: August 25, 2011, 04:16:09 am »

What are brownouts again?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60533 on: August 25, 2011, 04:18:48 am »

What are brownouts again?

Power blackouts, but usually either affecting only selective areas at a time, or lasting very shortly.  Basically, when the power grid is just barely inadequate for the usage, without totally blowing.  I think they're called brownouts because you'll see lights flickering half-lit, but I honestly don't know.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60534 on: August 25, 2011, 04:24:23 am »

Oh, okay! I think the most annoying thing to do with power outages I've had encounter with was when a certain light switch, when turned off, by one person, caused a outage through the entire house. Was very fun!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #60535 on: August 25, 2011, 04:28:15 am »

Though according to the wiki page, it's technically when the voltage drops rather than power going out entirely. So what you experienced was a blackout, as there was no power. Brownouts are more Fun by the look of it; especially for complicated electronics.
Quote from: wikipedia
Reduced voltages can bring control signals below the threshold at which logic circuits can reliably detect which state is being represented. As the voltage returns to normal levels the logic can latch at an incorrect state; even can't happen states become possible.
Or in other words, if you have a brownout, you may have need of the 'Things that made you go WTF today' thread, as it may result in the impossible occurring.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #60536 on: August 25, 2011, 04:33:48 am »

Though according to the wiki page, it's technically when the voltage drops rather than power going out entirely. So what you experienced was a blackout, as there was no power. Brownouts are more Fun by the look of it; especially for complicated electronics.
Quote from: wikipedia
Reduced voltages can bring control signals below the threshold at which logic circuits can reliably detect which state is being represented. As the voltage returns to normal levels the logic can latch at an incorrect state; even can't happen states become possible.
Or in other words, if you have a brownout, you may have need of the 'Things that made you go WTF today' thread, as it may result in the impossible occurring.

They also absolutely root fridges and freezers; in fact, if you're having a brownout, unplug it. My mum used to work for the electricity company, and she'd have to tell everyone who called to unplug theirs.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60537 on: August 25, 2011, 05:29:54 am »

Do be aware this has an upper limit. Unless the last forum software update removed that.

Nah, I'm on page 563 of PM's and I've not hit any sort of limit yet.
*Hugs*

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60538 on: August 25, 2011, 05:35:24 am »

I have 6 PMs, probably deleted 4 more. PMs scare me because I always suspect them to be from the mods, but then I find out that either people actually know me or some weirdo is buggering me. :V
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60539 on: August 25, 2011, 05:38:11 am »

Nah, I'm on page 563 of PM's and I've not hit any sort of limit yet.
How? How do you acquire 563 pages worth of PMs? 0.o
Pages: 1 ... 4034 4035 [4036] 4037 4038 ... 13325