Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4033 4034 [4035] 4036 4037 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762282 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60510 on: August 24, 2011, 10:15:36 pm »

Heh, my dorm just had a fire drill, and as we were coming back in some people were trying to get in the (locked) side door, and a guy I was with flipped them off right as I opened the door for them... It could only have been funnier if Yakety Sax had been playing.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60511 on: August 24, 2011, 10:16:46 pm »

In other game-related neatness, Achron (aka that confusing time-travel RTS thing) is coming out in a few days! :D
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60512 on: August 24, 2011, 10:28:40 pm »

Many (most?) schools only charge for the first 12 or 14 credits, everything else just costs more book fees.

It doesn't work that way in my country. Or at least in my state.

And Owlboy has been under development since when, 2008? Good to see they finally got a demo out. As far as I can tell they had all their art assets done in 2009.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #60513 on: August 24, 2011, 10:50:41 pm »

The most I've ever taken at a time was 28, and I almost died. Luckily it was for but one quarter. Generally I'm down at 17-18.
Jesus. I took 22 hours once, and the only reason I made it was that I was in the dorm, without a car, on a campus literally in the middle of no where. Seriously, it was 5 miles to the nearest gas station, the nearest grocery was 20 miles and the nearest "city" was about 50. The only thing I did other than schoolwork was starcraft.
That courseload was utter hell. I worked from dawn until dusk, just about. Sometimes later.

Wake up at 5:30, get ready for school. Rapidly finish any unfinished coursework for the day. Be at school by 7:00 for Jazz Band or Electronics, depending on the day of the week. (Electronics is 5 days per week, but I crammed it into three.) Go to Wind Ensemble for an hour, one of my only breaks. 15 minute break. Japanese for an hour. Do Geography/Psychology/Money Management/Western Civ II for two hours-ish, doing whatever random coursework there was. 30 minute lunch break, usually a club meeting like Broadcast, Rocket Club, or Science Olympiad while I was eating. Go to Physics for an hour. Go to Calculus for an hour. Go to XC practice for two hours. Go home. Write oodles of essays. Depending on the day, I'd pass out between 9 PM and 2 AM. Wake up, do it again. For 74 days, with only a slight lightening on the weekend. That was last quarter. There's a reason I'm only doing 15 this time. It's like I was awake for an entire season, and then I made up for it by resting like crazy in the summer.

How are you still 16 Barbar?!  I swear you were 16 when I was 16.
I think you must've had my age wrong. I'll be seventeen in November. I joined up here when I was 14, I think. Only been going up once per year.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #60514 on: August 24, 2011, 11:08:43 pm »

I once took 18 in a single semester, mostly because it was all courses I either needed or would not be stopped from taking.

I think it was:
History of the Roman Empire, 27 BC-476 AD
German 102 (2nd semester German)
Physical Anthropology
Archaeology of Greece and Rome
CORE III (multidisciplinary humanities course covering 1776-1918)
Modern Archaeology

Though the craziest batch of courses was the 15 hours I took first semester:
Fencing @ 9am (NEVER AGAIN)
Russian Literature @ 10am
CORE I @ 11am (prehistory to the fall of Rome)
Freshman Seminar on Death, Dying and Immortality
Freshman Seminar on Ethnic Nationalism in Post-Soviet Russia (don't remember when either of these seminars were held)

Taking fencing 1st thing in the morning, all the way across campus, and then having 10 minutes to hoof it back to my dorm to collapse sweaty and exhausted and discuss Gogol for an hour...not cool. Oddly enough, that semester I took 18 was the best GPA I ever got. Although finals week damn near killed me. Wrote 50+ pages of papers in 3 days w/ no sleep. And took 4 final exams.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60515 on: August 24, 2011, 11:13:09 pm »

Since I started moving, I've lost 10lb/4.5kg/almost 1 stone!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #60516 on: August 25, 2011, 12:23:41 am »

Curiosity piqued regarding Kerbal Space Program, and I took a shot or few at it. Especially after watching this awesome rocket design.

Took on my own attempt, and by the end, I decided on a boring, yet practical design.

Pretty awesome on the way down (or up even), when you can freefall with your final booster.

EDIT:
Funny thing about this design. I didn't know symmetry meant how (many) parts are placed (simultaneously). I thought it was a way to check out the balance. Oops.

It's a miracle that an essentially duct-taped-together rocket like that actually took off and reached the height it did. Holy crap.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:50:03 am by Itnetlolor »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60517 on: August 25, 2011, 12:57:33 am »

After talking to a magic rock and getting some new magical powers, I ran off into the woods and began collecting mushrooms, but then I got lost and these guys on horses started to assault me, so I pew-pewed them with my fireballs and stole their pants~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60518 on: August 25, 2011, 01:07:10 am »

After talking to a magic rock and getting some new magical powers, I ran off into the woods and began collecting mushrooms, but then I got lost and these guys on horses started to assault me, so I pew-pewed them with my fireballs and stole their pants~
Are you playing some kind of Oblivion and Mount&Blade combining mod?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60519 on: August 25, 2011, 01:12:39 am »

Nah, just Oblivion~

On a side note, I have pizza~
Ridiculously hot, finger burny pizza~
Luckily, playing bass has left my fingertips in unfeely shreds~

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #60520 on: August 25, 2011, 01:37:29 am »

<Zxcv> every google result about plant maintenance is about marijuana

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #60521 on: August 25, 2011, 02:23:44 am »

Finished work for the week.

I've got no idea what 'credits' are, but I'm only doing four courses.
I can't say for certain but it sounds like you might be a fellow Brit. I say this because four courses is standard for college here. College in the USA and college in the UK aren't the same thing. They are basically talking about university when they say college. UK college is more like high school but can mean a load of other things.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #60522 on: August 25, 2011, 02:26:29 am »

You brits and your confusing alternate defining of words. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #60523 on: August 25, 2011, 02:31:54 am »

I'm nearly on my tenth page of PM's! Yay!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #60524 on: August 25, 2011, 02:38:07 am »

You brits and your confusing alternate defining of words. :P
In an attempt to shift the blame it's not just us but Australia and Canada also. They are both Commonwealth which is likely something to do with it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 4033 4034 [4035] 4036 4037 ... 13325