Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4031 4032 [4033] 4034 4035 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762650 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60480 on: August 24, 2011, 08:13:30 pm »

The ASCII animator is a pretty fun little program to use. Just made a few simple inter-connected animations in the thread.

EDIT:
Feeling good despite starting school again tomorrow. Its strange, but I guess it'll get me off to a good start.
Shoulda done this Sunday night, but oh well; something that bugs the hell out of the young 'uns my older siblings and even mother did when School Season starts.

♪"LA-LA LA-LA LA, SCHOOL TO-MORROW!!!!"♫

Yes, anyone not in school (namely adults) in the family troll the younger ones (who DO go to school) with this on weekends and when school starts again, and just about after any vacation. Fortunately for the ones trolled, this only lasts the first few weeks.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:07:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60481 on: August 24, 2011, 08:18:56 pm »

Listening to the DFC shoot each other in friendly fire incidents over teamspeak. :D

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #60482 on: August 24, 2011, 08:23:25 pm »

Feeling good despite starting school again tomorrow. Its strange, but I guess it'll get me off to a good start.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #60483 on: August 24, 2011, 08:41:28 pm »

How are you still 16 Barbar?!  I swear you were 16 when I was 16.
They all say they're 16. It's never true. :P
Just kidding, but there are a couple people on B12 whose ages are listed as 16, but they sure don't sound 16, to me at least. This isn't an attack on you folks or anything, I'm just saying.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60484 on: August 24, 2011, 08:44:19 pm »

It was a miserably hot, muggy day today, and we were understaffed and overworked as usual at work. My exceedingly serious, no-nonsense boss ducked in for a bit to help me deal with a rush of freight, which was nice of him. I was looking to build a wall of crates and boxes tetris-style, and asked him to give me that big one right there. He says "That's what she said", and hands me the box with an unexpected grin on his usually serious face. Made my night.

That, and just as we finished for the day, I walked out into a thunderstorm. The sky was green, and then turned to black, and the rain felt ice-cold. All the heat I had built up just radiated out of me, and washed the sweat and grime off of me... it was wonderful.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #60485 on: August 24, 2011, 08:46:35 pm »

Holy crap I'm eighteen in eleven days
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60486 on: August 24, 2011, 08:48:36 pm »

Made dinner out of stuff that was about to go bad. Discounted chuck steaks (discounted because they had like 2 days before expiration), couple week old precooked bacon, and some truly ancient brie wedges that supposedly expired last week but looked, smelled, and tasted fine. I don't even know why we had those things, but the cheese has been there since at least Christmas so I suspect it was a gift or something. Turns out that meat filled with cheese and wrapped in bacon is pretty delicious.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60487 on: August 24, 2011, 08:52:22 pm »

Turns out that meat filled with cheese and wrapped in bacon is pretty delicious.

The jury is still out on this Shrimp/Mushroom Pizza though... not sure I trust my roommate's taste in food.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60488 on: August 24, 2011, 08:53:39 pm »

Get it with alfredo instead of tomato sauce, if you haven't already.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60489 on: August 24, 2011, 09:05:17 pm »

If anyone is in a bad mood and needs a good-mood party, come over here because I am so full of excited energy for the future and cute-rays that it could kill a man.

Seriously.  In my rhetoric class, we will be reading Turing, and in my math classes, we will be doing set theory and logic, which are basically my favorite subjects ever.

Also, my table is absolutely covered in swarms of books!  I wanted to bring all my books with me, but I couldn't, so I just brought another 30-50.

So yeah!  Let's have a great beginning of school party!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60490 on: August 24, 2011, 09:10:06 pm »

Get it with alfredo instead of tomato sauce, if you haven't already.

See, if it were white sauce, lightly roasted garlic, parmesan cheese, shrimp, and mushrooms... THAT I could see. This was just a weird, not quite sweet, not quite savory, squishy composite. I chopped some leftover raw onion to give it some spice, crunch, and balance the flavors, and it was better. Waste not, want not, and all that.

...granted, this is the roommate who thinks chopping boiled hotdogs into boxed macaroni and cheese constitutes a fancy meal. *Guffaw guffaw*
</food snobbery>

Also Vector, I wanna have a big pile of books to jump in too. Can I come to your beginning of school party? :(
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:11:42 pm by Solifuge »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #60491 on: August 24, 2011, 09:10:51 pm »

If anyone is in a bad mood and needs a good-mood party, come over here because I am so full of excited energy for the future and cute-rays that it could kill a man.

Not for another six months.

Though with any luck, even that won't be needed.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #60492 on: August 24, 2011, 09:12:51 pm »

Boxed macaroni is amazing.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60493 on: August 24, 2011, 09:13:24 pm »

Can... can I come even if I'm not starting school? I, uh, promise not to make off with any of your books, no matter how interesting they may be or how completely and... inescapably... fascinat... No. Self-control, that is the key. >_______________>

...granted, this is the roommate who thinks chopping boiled hotdogs into boxed macaroni and cheese constitutes a fancy meal. *Guffaw guffaw* </food snobbery>

Hey, we can make it fancy. Let's get us some sausages, some nice cheese to melt in there to give some proper texture to that sauce, maybe some sauteed garlic.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60494 on: August 24, 2011, 09:18:22 pm »

My favorite thing to do with Mac and Cheese is make to from scratch with ALL the cheddar, saute some Italian sausage and onions together and add it in, top it with breadcrumbs, and bake it in a pan so it gets a nice, crispy top.

Oh man... now I want to go on a for-reals grocery trip again. I am very excited for the day I have a surplus income once more. Bills be damned, I can finally eat good food again!
Pages: 1 ... 4031 4032 [4033] 4034 4035 ... 13325