Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3999 4000 [4001] 4002 4003 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754963 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #60000 on: August 19, 2011, 05:59:45 am »

I can remember my fascination towards that computing machine. Heck, I learned to program before leaving elementary school. My father helped me.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #60001 on: August 19, 2011, 06:03:00 am »

When I was 5 I read fairy tales. The entire Grimm, Andersen, 1001 night, etc.

At primary school they sported an MSX and later a C64.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60002 on: August 19, 2011, 06:04:43 am »

You guys can remember what you were into when you were 5? I can only remember what I was into last week by assuming it hasn't changed much.
Let me guess, you were abnormally interested in amnesia?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #60003 on: August 19, 2011, 06:06:28 am »

You guys can remember what you were into when you were 5? I can only remember what I was into last week by assuming it hasn't changed much.
Let me guess, you were abnormally interested in amnesia?
Nah, shit memory. Although the temptation to repeat my last post for amnesia related humour is pretty big.

EDIT: In unrelated news, I have £1000. Must... not... spend...

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60004 on: August 19, 2011, 06:07:46 am »

I think it says a lot that my elementary and middle schools also had Apple II's, at the dawn of the 21st century.  Plenty of them to go around though.  And the games where exactly what you'd expect.

My favourite 2 things on Apple II - Rescue Raiders, coz that game did actually rock. And I never got to own a copy, making it even more nostalgic. And Mystery House, because I never finished it and that frustrates me.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFWlAR-CdIA

Watching that, RR still rocks! it's been remade on various platforms too, including Gameboy and DS
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:10:38 am by Reelyanoob »

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60005 on: August 19, 2011, 06:09:46 am »

I read a lot too... but I got fed up because all the books sucked - I finished LoTR but all the other fantasy books were unsatisfying, and I didn't know of anything else. I still read the ones they made me read, though.

Then, when I was twelve, Isaac Asimov appeared. He approached me with a smile on his face and gave me The Foundation. Words can't aptly describe how much I owe to him - who knows how long I would've been unaware of masterful writers like Vonnegut and Heinlein (and Asimov himself) if he hadn't rekindled my desire to read.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60006 on: August 19, 2011, 06:11:15 am »

Roleplaying and storytelling (especially the interactive type) have always been my two greatest interests. Naturally I play a lot of video games, but as a kid it also manifested with me building worlds out of legos and acting out stuff with various toys.

Curiously I was never too into books. I read lord of the rings in my early teenage years, went up to book 10 in the wheel of time, and some various novels here and there. But that's about it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60007 on: August 19, 2011, 06:13:10 am »

We built a medieval fantasy world out of Legos as well... it featured guys mining and building underground lairs and... O___o <realization>

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60008 on: August 19, 2011, 06:21:51 am »

Oh yeah, now I remember what I was into when I was five.  Ants.  Bugs in general, but colony insects and web building spiders especially.  Ants more than anything.  Which is kinda weird, because I hate bugs and I'm a prissy little arachnophobe now.  I'm still fascinated by insects (arthropods in general I guess), especially the ones that make things.  I just don't like them up close anymore.

Apparently I was really into bugs and such, because my teacher met my mother to specifically discuss my aversion to story books, when we had to pick titles to write "book reports".  She hit the jackpot by assigning me The Mouse and the Motorcycle.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #60009 on: August 19, 2011, 06:24:46 am »

I seriously think I got turned around somewhere in Anvil. .P

But yay. Everything working now besides some small things.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60010 on: August 19, 2011, 06:25:08 am »

My chemistry book is DELICIOUS.

AND SO ARE MY TROUSERS.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:27:08 am by Darvi »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #60011 on: August 19, 2011, 07:25:26 am »

What happens when a lunatic gets his hands on a model editor and a copy of Mass Effect?

Mass Effect 0.1 happens. (And everything else on this channel, for that matter.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #60012 on: August 19, 2011, 07:55:22 am »

We built a medieval fantasy world out of Legos as well... it featured guys mining and building underground lairs and... O___o <realization>
<shared realisation>
Oh, me too, I even DM'd mining and exploration games (including magic systems, shops, etc) for my brothers before we knew what a DM or RPG was...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60013 on: August 19, 2011, 07:59:15 am »

Huh, that too hits me... I worked on a pen & paper RPG without having ever played one. But I never got far with it, suprise. I think it was based on the dungeon adventure game Castle of the Winds.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60014 on: August 19, 2011, 08:06:29 am »

What happens when a lunatic gets his hands on a model editor and a copy of Mass Effect?

Mass Effect 0.1 happens. (And everything else on this channel, for that matter.)
Better then Bioware could have ever done.
Thank you based dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 3999 4000 [4001] 4002 4003 ... 13325