Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3998 3999 [4000] 4001 4002 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754462 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #59985 on: August 19, 2011, 04:23:57 am »

... Incidentally, "acetylsalicylic acid" was one of my spelling words in second or third grade.

The fuck?  Was your elementary school located within a Mensa campus?  I remember in the fourth grade, one of my spelling words was "blockade".

See... when I was little, about five or so, I had a different set of obsessions.

a. Mythology
b. Cats
c. The Amazon rainforest
d. Medicine (I'd decided I wanted to become a doctor and carefully bookmarked every single anatomy- and illness-related entry in my Junior Encyclopedia, mostly by reading straight through)
e. Cartography
f. Weapons manufacturing/knighthood/chivalry
g. Spelling.

I, being obsessive about entry g in particular, wound up being unable to use any of the normal spelling lists for kids my age when they finally realized I didn't belong in classes for the deaf and disabled.  So they asked me to make an appropriate spelling list for myself, filled with words that I didn't know.  And I, being a very organized and careful little girl, got my hands on my great-grandmother's college dictionary, opened it up, and started with the letter A.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59986 on: August 19, 2011, 04:30:23 am »

「Japa」を60文字で表すと→暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走暴走
Hmmm... that one's harder, but I guess it means "coward".

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #59987 on: August 19, 2011, 04:31:35 am »

and started with the letter A.
Done yet?

Happy because I found an opening I might like. Now to update my CV. Although I'd better do that at home.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59988 on: August 19, 2011, 04:33:40 am »

It means "motorcycle gang member".

Done yet?

Didn't say I was tenacious =/  I got bored of all the chemicals and flipped to Z instead :P  And eventually I got pretty fed up with spelling in general.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59989 on: August 19, 2011, 04:35:01 am »

Bah. I interpreted that as "running from violence".
Less of an insult though. I guess even that site respects Japa.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59990 on: August 19, 2011, 04:47:51 am »

... Incidentally, "acetylsalicylic acid" was one of my spelling words in second or third grade.

The fuck?  Was your elementary school located within a Mensa campus?  I remember in the fourth grade, one of my spelling words was "blockade".

See... when I was little, about five or so, I had a different set of obsessions.

a. Mythology
b. Cats
c. The Amazon rainforest
d. Medicine (I'd decided I wanted to become a doctor and carefully bookmarked every single anatomy- and illness-related entry in my Junior Encyclopedia, mostly by reading straight through)
e. Cartography
f. Weapons manufacturing/knighthood/chivalry
g. Spelling.

I, being obsessive about entry g in particular, wound up being unable to use any of the normal spelling lists for kids my age when they finally realized I didn't belong in classes for the deaf and disabled.  So they asked me to make an appropriate spelling list for myself, filled with words that I didn't know.  And I, being a very organized and careful little girl, got my hands on my great-grandmother's college dictionary, opened it up, and started with the letter A.

You had a strange set of obsessions, Vector. Strange, yet.. awesome.

I used to be into biology as a kid, but physics and math tag-teamed and won that struggle later on. And I've loved computers ever since my father carried in that horrible box and booted up MS-DOS before my little eyes for the first time.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #59991 on: August 19, 2011, 05:00:28 am »

Personally I've always been obsessed with the past and history.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59992 on: August 19, 2011, 05:03:49 am »

Wheee weekend~
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59993 on: August 19, 2011, 05:08:46 am »

I used to be into biology as a kid, but physics and math tag-teamed and won that struggle later on. And I've loved computers ever since my father carried in that horrible box and booted up MS-DOS before my little eyes for the first time.

I remember when getting an XT with DOS 3 was an upgrade. Visiting the lab where my dad worked all he had was one of these :-

I used to play shitty games on this at my dad's work, my first video game playing experience (except for even shittier games on Apple II's at school - they had like a grand total of 1 or 2 Apple II's for the entire primary school's students to use, so really had to wait for highschool to be allowed to use computers very often)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:24:50 am by Reelyanoob »

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59994 on: August 19, 2011, 05:16:21 am »

I liked Astronauts, Nuclear Power, and Trains as a kid, but I never felt comfortable with the math to pursue them.
I guess now I kinda care about the human condition alot because I believe if can understand it better we can live in a society that is better socially organized to facilitate the existence of feats of engineering that I adore.
Thank you based dwarf.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59995 on: August 19, 2011, 05:19:58 am »

History is fascinating, indeed. Too bad they skipped past a lot of stuff in comprehensive school, but that's understandable because the history is long and interesting... one of the worst oversimplifications was the American intervention during World War I. What we were told...

Germans started to sink all vessels, even commercial and neutral ones, so America joined the war!

A few documentaries and history magazines later I actually know why they started doing that, which is rather important.

I remember when getting an XT with DOS 3 was an upgrade. Visiting the lab where my dad worked all he had was one of these :-

Heh, I remember when my father installed the first Windows 3.11 computer for our grandparents. Our home computer had the same version, but it booted to DOS because a lot of good stuff was easier to find there, but at our grandparents, father made a tweak so Windows started automatically.

Me: Why does Windows start up automatically? That's just silly. I have to close it if I want to use the DOS.

Oh, these memories!
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59996 on: August 19, 2011, 05:33:53 am »

Our first PC was a 286 laptop (My dad used it for some on-site work stuff). Weighed well over 10kg, couldn't use a battery and the monitor could display 4 different shades of brown. It was magic.

Still have it gathering dust somewhere. I think the HD died though :(

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59997 on: August 19, 2011, 05:53:38 am »

(except for even shittier games on Apple II's at school - they had like a grand total of 1 or 2 Apple II's for the entire primary school's students to use, so really had to wait for highschool to be allowed to use computers very often)

I think it says a lot that my elementary and middle schools also had Apple II's, at the dawn of the 21st century.  Plenty of them to go around though.  And the games where exactly what you'd expect.

Hmm... What was I into at age five, besides Legos.  I honestly have a hard time remembering.  Archeology, ships, the academic principles of fortress architecture, as much of "the occult" as a five year old might have heard of, and Star Wars.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #59998 on: August 19, 2011, 05:54:14 am »

I'm digging this new Youtube Music thingamy. So much good music I hadn't heard before is now filling my ears and I'm happy and oh my.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #59999 on: August 19, 2011, 05:56:16 am »

You guys can remember what you were into when you were 5? I can only remember what I was into last week by assuming it hasn't changed much.
Pages: 1 ... 3998 3999 [4000] 4001 4002 ... 13325