Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3990 3991 [3992] 3993 3994 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15747247 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Who?] Things you mistook for someone today. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #59865 on: August 18, 2011, 02:47:13 pm »

What's next? Polish? Mandarin?
Gotta ace 'em all.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59866 on: August 18, 2011, 02:57:50 pm »

Congrats, Vector!

Hmm. I got my new computer earlier today. I've run torchlight on maxed out settings and Minecraft the same... but I don't know how to push it further. Crysis? I don't know. I'll find something.

4GB of RAM is confusing and frightening because I am incapable of filling it up as it stands.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #59867 on: August 18, 2011, 02:59:12 pm »

Its settled for me. Jazz is the most enjoyable music for me~
Escpecially this..
Under the Quiet Moon ~The Girl From Fantasy~
Its just very relaxing~
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59868 on: August 18, 2011, 03:05:10 pm »

Yeah!  Thank you, thank you!

That's really a whole lot of stress gone.  I was going to work hard today, but with my starting to get sick I think I might just rest more and hope that goes away :<

Which means... it's probably a Chrono Cross day >_<

Oh, and though I've said it before, I actually really finished Baudolino today and am going to plug it again for being all kinds of fabulous and amazing.  Of the three novels I've read by Umberto Eco, I have to say that I probably found this one the most relatable, fun, and interesting.  It's clever and hilarious.  If you don't believe me, well, just read the first chapter X3

What's next? Polish? Mandarin?
Gotta ace 'em all.

Well, realistically, more German, and then more Russian =/  And after that, Ancient Greek and Latin.  And then probably Spanish and Italian... but once I'm done with those, definitely Polish and Mandarin!

(i'm trapped in a universe-making factory help oh god)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59869 on: August 18, 2011, 03:22:41 pm »

Finally returning home tomorrow.

Aww, finally going to finish TW2, read more of my books, look for a place to live together with two friends, increase forum activity and some other stuff.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59870 on: August 18, 2011, 03:48:28 pm »

Quote from:  Diplomacy
DancingWalrus: So yeah, don't chop down the entire forest and we won't have to chop you into tiny pieces :D
Antedeluvius: There's more of us than there are of you.
DancingWalrus: Good point q_q
Antedeluvius: :3

Made me giggle.

Heh, nice. Random guess: That from the N@W minecraft server? (I still need to get around to FINDING our nation on there... I'm lost in the depths of the hollows.)
Yep, This was after I diplomacy'd Mil-Ajru into rebuilding the lumber mill that they burned down. And check the forums for our coords.

I was so ready to mess up their woods.
Thank you based dwarf.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59871 on: August 18, 2011, 04:10:49 pm »

Happy thread is on page 4000.

So much happy.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59872 on: August 18, 2011, 04:13:09 pm »

Bah, what's so great about 4000? It's just a number. 3999's a number too and no one celebrated that!

3999's probably so lonely. That number doesn't get any respect.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59873 on: August 18, 2011, 04:16:15 pm »

1201/4001 are more worthy of respect in my opinion.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59874 on: August 18, 2011, 04:17:23 pm »

AS results were pretty good.  Cambridge application is definitely possible.

... Although I'm not entirely sure how I aced that physics test.  Probably because most other people didn't finish and normalisation worked its magic.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #59875 on: August 18, 2011, 04:17:59 pm »

Second job get! This will help tremendously. Looks like everthing is working out for Baugl-

Which means... it's probably a Chrono Cross day

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! I will never catch up! This is ridiculous, I've played this game multiple times before and I've been taking the route I know to bypass the most quests and suchlike, and I'm still behind. Curses. Hey, you should play FF6 sometime if you haven't just so that I'll be able to put "I'm in Vector" as a quote from Vector in the OoC thread.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59876 on: August 18, 2011, 04:20:10 pm »

Awwww =/

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #59877 on: August 18, 2011, 04:23:08 pm »

And you're even getting to my favorite part! I love that place. You are apparently crazy good at this, or possibly I haven't played it as much as I feel like I have (actually, come to think of it, I've done nothing since Monday, that may well be it).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59878 on: August 18, 2011, 04:26:12 pm »

Well, I've never been in danger of dying, so...

=/

I haven't played that much since Monday either, really.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59879 on: August 18, 2011, 04:31:23 pm »

AS results were pretty good.  Cambridge application is definitely possible.
... Although I'm not entirely sure how I aced that physics test.  Probably because most other people didn't finish and normalisation worked its magic.
Oh gog University of Cambridge?  You're going to be living in a castle.
Pages: 1 ... 3990 3991 [3992] 3993 3994 ... 13325