Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3842 3843 [3844] 3845 3846 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15764606 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

The somewhat bitter, yet ironically happy thing today was checking the biggest Lithuanian news portal.
Don't judge the whole of your nation by the lowest common denominator like that. Or, if you really have to weep tears of shame over this proof of mankind's foolishness, at least don't go and single out just one nation - similar "news" portals exist everywhere.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

The somewhat bitter, yet ironically happy thing today was checking the biggest Lithuanian news portal.
Don't judge the whole of your nation by the lowest common denominator like that. Or, if you really have to weep tears of shame over this proof of mankind's foolishness, at least don't go and single out just one nation - similar "news" portals exist everywhere.
The idea is that the main news site that everyone visits has among other things, conspiracy theories, rumors of the "tin foil hat" variety, borderline racism and ~4 articles about the same topic (even though nothing new happens) on the first page. It is supposed to be the place where you get "serious" news, like in a newspaper. Plus it's not a big enough country to have a few decent sized news portals. This is the one that everyone visits. If there are others, they're horribly obscure.

Edit: And about the "singling out one nation" thing, this is the nation I am part of, and thus, the one I know about the most and the one I have the most information on that could be used for judgement.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:08:55 pm by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

I would suggest putting "[Happy Thread]" at the beginning of the title so I can actually find it. D:
This.

Also, tildes give me sugar poisoning.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

She always puts it at the end, I thought everyone had seen that by now. You just have to look slightly more to the right.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

She always puts it at the end, I thought everyone had seen that by now. You just have to look slightly more to the right.
We know (at least I do). It's just easier to see it on the left.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

http://bit.ly/npzMXA BIG ASS AVENGERS POSTER :D

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

~
You did that just to piss me off. Those damn tildes.

http://bit.ly/npzMXA BIG ASS AVENGERS POSTER :D
Woah. I'm not interested in superhero comics, but that's quality right there.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm back, even though no one noticed I was away and I start to feel less and less connected to the community. The somewhat bitter, yet ironically happy thing today was checking the biggest Lithuanian news portal. It's funny how stupid most people here are and how...childish the politics are. The 1st page looks somewhat like this:
"Austria is evil! Lithuanians rage!"
"Evil Russia still wants to harm our poor, poor fatherland. :< "
"Austria more evil than it seems! Maybe even more evil than Russia!"
"Norwegian terrorism! No Lithuanians were harmed, so there's no reason to care."
"President rages at the president of Austria! Those damn evil Austrians!"
"Genetic engineering will bring the end of the world!"
"Only intelligent man in Lithuania writes article - the nation rages!"
"Austria again! Damn they're evil!"

Well, the people here are sure...different. I find comfort in knowing that as many flaws as I have, there are worse people.

The statistically insignificant sample of "Lithuanians I've met" were all very nice people. There are a lot of work immigrants from the baltic countries here, and while people were a little... unsure about them at first (there was worry about a flood of cheap labour from the baltics and Poland when they joined the EU/EEA), they seem to be fitting in better than most.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

The statistically insignificant sample of "Lithuanians I've met" were all very nice people. There are a lot of work immigrants from the baltic countries here, and while people were a little... unsure about them at first (there was worry about a flood of cheap labour from the baltics and Poland when they joined the EU/EEA), they seem to be fitting in better than most.
All the intelligent people moved away. It's a smart move. Though this is not because of obnoxious people, but because of greedy politicians who are killing our country. Let's get back to being happy now.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

~
You did that just to piss me off. Those damn tildes.

Not you~
Just something I'm doing now~

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

Not you~
Just something I'm doing now~
*Groan* One day, I'm going to delete the tildes from all my fonts.

Oh, Ein~
Your posts seem so much cuter lately~ ^ _ ~
Now you too. I blame Japan.

Anyway, right now I'm rotting my life away on TV Tropes and have no regrets. Which is good since that way time passes faster.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Tvtropes is pretty tilde-y if you ask me, as in, the people there.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

The thread title should be "[Happy] Happies that happied you happy today!(feat. tildes~)"
Huh? I have ten TvTropes tabs open and none of them have a notable tilde-presence.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

You probably visit the anime pages. Yeah, shame on you.
Pages: 1 ... 3842 3843 [3844] 3845 3846 ... 13325