Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3823 3824 [3825] 3826 3827 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787644 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

What do you mean, Ein hasn't watched Racow's LP of Cat Planet? For cereals?!
*shows to Ein.*

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

First Class was pretty good. Certainly much better than the abysmal Wolverine prequel that came out a year or so back.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was called a "distressing damsel" today.

This made me a very happy camper.  I don't even know why, but it was a nice reversal.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

I was called a "distressing damsel" today.

This made me a very happy camper.  I don't even know why, but it was a nice reversal.
Really? You always struck me as the "Damsel with a pistol to the Big Bad's head" kind of girl. :P

The girls in the stories I write are almost always like that, or at least actively trying to escape through the whole ruckus, even if they don't manage it. I've never liked that one character who gets caught and then just sits there for hours on end being held captive. Play some cards or something, jesus.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

,On a semi-unrelated note, I've found something that can really stick it to those fanatical Christians that say God is all that is good, and God hates evil and all that. God is both good and evil, and I can mathmatically prove it:
Code: [Select]
god = true;
good = >0  //all positive numbers
evil = <0   //all negative numbers
god is the one, therefore, god = 1, which also means, god = good
god is absolute, which really means god = abs(1), sometimes written as god = [1]
absolute numbers encompass both the positive and the negative of a number, therefore, god = 1 and god = -1 are both true
ergo, both god = good and god = evil are both true
Not wanting to parade-rain, but there are some people on these forums who believe in Christianity and try not to rag on opposing beliefs. I'm kindly requesting that you reciprocate.

Back to happy: Watched the first seventh Harry Potter film, and liked the special effects. What? Plot? I didn't pay much attention to that, I just watched for the shiny bits.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I dunno, I liked how it was incredibly flimsy and unprofessional and somebody said something about people not understanding it. It doesnt make much sense so I guess they were right. Just something as amusing as the Girls = Evil proof.

Anyway, brother is confirmed to travel here to Braga sometimes around Tuesday. Really looking forward to having him around to make this experience a bit better.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile

Especially because both are based on a flaw :P

The quote is "The desire for money is the root of all evil", and nowhere is God stated to be "the one", unless you're talking about pantheism :P
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming

Well, here's a question: If there were people before Christianity who practiced other religions, where did they go when they died? Did they all just go to Hell because they "didn't know any better"?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I'm not normally the type to point this out -- but that is a flat out beg for religious debate in very much the wrong thread for that kind of thing.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

The next 13 seconds of this are good to hear. Thank ye for the link (elsewhere), Kael.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile

No, here's the real question:

Why do people think mathematics can be used to answer philosophical questions? Especially when all they do is replace the words with numbers. As if nobody had ever thought of that before. Way to go, you've now failed philosophy class and math class.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Playing games I'd forgotten about made me happy today.
*nudges topic away from religiophilsomatical argument*
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:15:28 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Just got back from my bro's birthday party, had fun roller skating. Going from inline skates/roller blades to the standard front-brake classic styles was a bit of a rough transition for the first few moments, not to mention it's been years since I last skated, so falling was bound to happen, but then my muscle memory kicked in... for inline/ice skates (curse you muscle memory); so falling was still imminent, but at least I could move a little quicker, at the sacrifice of braking. Turning was still awkward as hell, so it took maybe another few laps to get the hang of that again.

After I got it all down, I got to help teach my nephew how to skate, and though he fell many many times, he finally understood what I was trying to get across to him (mostly to be patient and take things in stride, and move slowly to move quickly; that kind of stuff; I wasn't the only teacher, but I got most of his attention by advertising the basics as "The Big Secret to Mastering Skating"). He got better, and I was able to get him out of the beginner rink to the main rink in a matter of moments for a few laps, and he actually kept up (though I still had to keep him in tow in case he flops, which he almost did a few times). On the plus side, he's enjoyed it, and now wants skates for his birthday/Christmas (which both days are really close to each other). I'm seeing another skate day/night when that rolls around.

I'm gonna be sore tomorrow, but I had fun tonight.

EDIT:
There's a place for this kind of discussion, and this thread isn't it. Back to happy. Back to freaking horses.

...Wait. >_<

:Grabs a gallon of Brain Bleach™:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:25:37 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Spoiler: not happies (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

No, here's the real question:

Why do people think mathematics can be used to answer philosophical questions? Especially when all they do is replace the words with numbers. As if nobody had ever thought of that before. Way to go, you've now failed philosophy class and math class.
It's called Metamathematics, when mathematical functions are used to find the solution to logical problems, rather than explicit integer([sic?]) and numeric variable that standard mathematic are fit to solve.
Pages: 1 ... 3823 3824 [3825] 3826 3827 ... 13325