Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3800 3801 [3802] 3803 3804 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15797943 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: [DOSH] Here's some cash lads grab it while you can. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #57015 on: July 19, 2011, 04:39:12 pm »

The dog apparently accidentally learned a trick over time.  She'll run up, lick your face, then sit on her hind legs and try to stay like that as long as she can, batting her paws at you until you scratch her chest.  Hilarious.
Shoes...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #57016 on: July 19, 2011, 04:55:47 pm »

It's below 85 degrees in the public library. I CAN THINK AGAIN, HALLELUJAH.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #57017 on: July 19, 2011, 04:58:44 pm »

Haha, had a 'defeat' in E:TW in which I lost 2 infantry, while they lost a total of 560 to my shelling. :D
Because, naturally, after precisely 1 hour of shelling, the attacking army flees for their lives to the nearest friendly town because they haven't won yet, and don't have the courage to attack again for 6 months.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57018 on: July 19, 2011, 05:03:03 pm »

They had a volunteer appreciation luncheon at work today, mostly for the people who usually take time out of their day to help on the outreaches, but us not-quite-volunteers were invited as well. Various staff members talked about the way things go, and I feel more respect towards the organization. The boss is still a nutjob, though. It was a good presentation, good people, terrible pizza.

I also found a book filled with quotes from various people throughout history on the subject of teaching and education, which was very inspiring.

I re-installed Just Cause 2. Screw logic, I'm attacking a strip club on a blimp with a fighter jet!
Why do I not own this game?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #57019 on: July 19, 2011, 05:04:40 pm »

Because I'm surpised at how completely messed up Nitori can make herself look.

CIRNO RUN AWAY.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57020 on: July 19, 2011, 05:07:49 pm »

... On the other other hand, Lucy (Van Helsing's daughter) apparently is doing this musical's version of "I just can't wait to be king," so I'm seeing her die horribly near the end/middle of this =/

Called it :3

Along with the necessary questioning of God that happens in most French literature of any sort that even mentions religion nowadays.

Got to say it was pretty spectacular, though.  Go, Dracula, go!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57021 on: July 19, 2011, 05:53:19 pm »

Because I'm surpised at how completely messed up Nitori can make herself look.

CIRNO RUN AWAY.
OH CRAP JANET'S GONNA TRY AND GET OUR SHIRIKODAMAS!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57022 on: July 19, 2011, 05:56:41 pm »

Not if I eat it first.
Nom nom nom.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57023 on: July 19, 2011, 06:32:23 pm »

[01:29] <GlyphGryph> You notice the island has been utterly destroyed by a dwarf
[01:29] <Kaleb> ...What?
Because reality isn't one to tell me no without me killing it. Heheheh.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57024 on: July 19, 2011, 06:56:51 pm »

Forget what I said.  That was probably one of the worst things I've ever seen.

That's the thing... great actors, great singers, good budget, pretty good costumes, mostly good songs, and somehow that all congealed into a mass of apathy.  They killed Van Helsing, Lucy, Renfield, and Jonathan Harker, and left Dracula being defeated by heartache for his original bride--because Mina was a vampire rather than a human in this one (or reincarnated, or something--I don't even know, really), which made it so that she could show up as Harker's partner and then live on.  But of course, rather than being clever, resourceful, powerful, a "steel virgin" in her own respect (to call back to Hellsing), and the true main character of the novel, she is just an object to be fought over.  We don't have the image of good triumphing over evil, or character development, or... anything.  Lucy's role is changed from Mina's best friend to Helsing's daughter--because apparently if you don't have a close relationship to a male member of the cast, you don't matter.

And, I dunno, all of the characters were very one-tone in their characterizations and portrayals.  It all revolved around an extremely simple love triangle with neither depth nor substance, with Van Helsing, Renfield, and Lucy tacked onto the side (and having no apparent attachment whatsoever to the main cast).  Yeah, I will admit that the original novel was bad on the first count as well, but I did think there was a certain unity to the narrative that this piece lacked.

Oh, and this part where Mina comes and makes out with Dracula... how does that even make sense?  Her only characteristic in this entire thing is that she's supposed to be overwhelmingly faithful to her husband, violently strong of will.  That's it.  She's seduced by him (after he's already seduced Lucy and killed Renfield... and also taken down Van Helsing), he makes out with her, she's clearly enjoying herself, he kills her husband, and then she looks at him and walks away.

Could've been pretty cool if she'd taken him down or somesuch, but instead she runs away and he chooses to die.

Furthermore, Van Helsing's only weapons are prayers and a wooden stake.  It's set in the modern era, and the dude is old and gray-haired.  This is a far cry from the usual arsenal of Winchesters loaded with silver rounds, strings of garlic, religious symbols, holy water, and enormous amounts of vampiric/medical knowledge.  You know... the expert.  In this case, he only finds Dracula due to his having left his ring behind with Lucy's corpse.  Intentionally.  Like the bite marks didn't tell him something, and like he'd have been able to find a single vampire in an old book, and like he'd have gone in practically unarmed... and as if he'd have gone in without the help of Jonathan, at the very least.

Aren't these stories supposed to be about humanity putting aside their differences to smite evil?

All of that aside, the cast was really powerful and smooth.  The stuff they may have been singing was tripe, but they were still really, really great.  The songs were more vocally demanding, too, and I quite enjoyed some of the fight scenes.  And, I guess, above all of that, I'd been waiting to see this for a number of years.  It's really nice to have a wish fulfilled, and was a great after-school break.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57025 on: July 19, 2011, 07:07:08 pm »

Final project in photoshop: Turn myself into a zombie. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57026 on: July 19, 2011, 07:16:47 pm »

Final project in photoshop: Turn myself into a zombie. ^_^
Step 1: Take Nuvigil
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Finished Project.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #57027 on: July 19, 2011, 08:07:41 pm »

Holy crap! In less than three hours I'm officially an uncle!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #57029 on: July 19, 2011, 08:08:54 pm »

Holy crap! In less than three hours I'm officially an uncle!

Congratulations in less than three hours then ^^ Hope the kid will be wonderful.
Pages: 1 ... 3800 3801 [3802] 3803 3804 ... 13325