Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3799 3800 [3801] 3802 3803 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799023 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: [DOSH] Here's some cash lads grab it while you can. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #57000 on: July 19, 2011, 03:15:41 pm »

French musical of Dracula.... :o
That....I'm not sure which I'm hoping for more...that it'll be a sublime masterpiece of pathos and character exploration, or that i'll be a camp-fest of the highest order (I'm thinking Cannibal: The Musical as a template.)

I think it's kind of both, seeing as the subtitle is "Between love and death" and, as far as I can tell, it's about the original count (Vlad Tepes III, i.e. Vlad the Impaler) being betrayed by his vampiric bride, becoming a vampire, and then being tricked into being locked away for 500 years by the girl in question.  Why?  I have no idea.  But anyway, he comes back, he's... angry for some reason, and then he falls in love with Mina Harker, the betrothed of Jonathan.

Yeah, I'm really not sure about this plot so far.  It doesn't help that part of it seems to be in Hungarian =/

Hungarian? Shouldn't it be in Vlach/Romanian?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57001 on: July 19, 2011, 03:23:29 pm »

Spoiler: ;_; so beautiful. (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57002 on: July 19, 2011, 03:25:55 pm »

I think Romania was Hungarian territory in 1400, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57003 on: July 19, 2011, 03:26:42 pm »

It took my brain an entire minute to process that before it shut down.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #57004 on: July 19, 2011, 03:31:14 pm »

Wow why did this amuse me?  Dammit?!

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #57005 on: July 19, 2011, 03:35:20 pm »

I think Romania was Hungarian territory in 1400, though.

Transylvania was part of the Kingdom of Hungary yes, but the people living there were Vlach mostly. Rest of Romania was the principialities Moldova and Wallachia, which were independant until the Ottomans swallowed them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57006 on: July 19, 2011, 03:40:53 pm »

Well then.  He's from Wallachia and later moved on to Transylvania, IIRC.  So, again, I have no idea which language was spoken, but I was (incorrectly) guessing Hungarian.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #57007 on: July 19, 2011, 03:45:01 pm »

Well then.  He's from Wallachia and later moved on to Transylvania, IIRC.  So, again, I have no idea which language was spoken, but I was (incorrectly) guessing Hungarian.

Well, the play might use Hungarian, I don't know I'm just a history loving nerd with a bad habit of commenting on stuff that doesn't really matter ._.'

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57008 on: July 19, 2011, 03:48:40 pm »

Wow why did this amuse me?  Dammit?!

I don't know, but the 'Stalking is a crime too.' reminds me of something you might say.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57009 on: July 19, 2011, 03:56:32 pm »

French musical of Dracula.... :o
That....I'm not sure which I'm hoping for more...that it'll be a sublime masterpiece of pathos and character exploration, or that i'll be a camp-fest of the highest order (I'm thinking Cannibal: The Musical as a template.)

I think it's kind of both, seeing as the subtitle is "Between love and death" and, as far as I can tell, it's about the original count (Vlad Tepes III, i.e. Vlad the Impaler) being betrayed by his vampiric bride, becoming a vampire, and then being tricked into being locked away for 500 years by the girl in question.  Why?  I have no idea.  But anyway, he comes back, he's... angry for some reason, and then he falls in love with Mina Harker, the betrothed of Jonathan.

Yeah, I'm really not sure about this plot so far.  It doesn't help that part of it seems to be in Hungarian =/

This gets more surreal with every new detail. It's like Dadaist opera.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #57010 on: July 19, 2011, 04:03:21 pm »

Vlad be a vampire toniiight, Vlad be a vampire toniiight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie4IvHHUV7g
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57011 on: July 19, 2011, 04:11:38 pm »

Yeah, I gotta say it's one of the weirder French musicals I've seen, and I've seen some pretty weird ones.

On the other hand, the singers are a hell of a lot stronger than in the other ones I've seen, so even if the plot is strange as all get out (and the songs are, of course, not quite as good as in NDdP), I'm enjoying watching it rather a lot.  I'll probably end up buying it along with the other two French musicals I've enjoyed.  Hurm.

... On the other other hand, Lucy (Van Helsing's daughter) apparently is doing this musical's version of "I just can't wait to be king," so I'm seeing her die horribly near the end/middle of this =/

Also hilarious: the picture of "Jesus" in the background for this church scene is painted to be a spitting image of Dracula, just in yellow and in different robes, etc.

Coat also has some pretty amazing pants.  I'm shocked by his performance (in other segments), to be honest.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 04:27:48 pm by Vector »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #57012 on: July 19, 2011, 04:11:43 pm »

New SMB update came along, and I immediately got 4 achievements unlocked simultaneously (all of them are just like the summer achievement, but for all chapters (IE- Beat [CHAPTER NAME] in as fast a time as possible)). Also, I didn't just beat all my times on those chapters, I pulverized them to the point that I can't do any better no matter how hard I try (without beating any new levels, promoted me an estimated 128 places, and total time cut of 397.394 seconds (roughly 6 minutes 37 seconds). In related news, late last night, I tried the Super Tofu Boy challenge, and beat a couple levels as him (ridiculously difficult; some just about all levels are downright impossible to beat with him), and did a random Super Meat World chapter set, and beat a few levels ranked "Impossible", and although not visible, I would assume I hit A+ rank on at least 1 or 2 of them.

I'm gonna take a hiatus from that game for awhile and maybe play something else for a bit (Continue Fallout3 maybe).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 04:26:47 pm by Itnetlolor »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57013 on: July 19, 2011, 04:27:06 pm »

I know I have been cockteasing you guys about photos before, but a consistent system of computer access was difficult to come across. This is true especially now here in Portugal, where only a laptop I cant mess with stuck perpetually in Portuguese settings that is not avilable during the day is my access to here. Things are gonna get a lot worse for this situation before they get better. At least the keyboard is not half goblygook.

I am happy to be here, but there is an interesting dynamic at work here. Where in Switzerland I knew my brother and had good enough relations with his wife who had visited several times before enough to know how we were, here I only have cousins and aunts that I have never met before who each have shakey understandings of english in a half-furnished house. There is promise of a formal desktop being set up because my aunt heard I do īcomputer thingsī, which is fine, but who knows what will happen.

And for a formal happy thing, through my aunt I found out my father bragged about me. I didnt think hearing it would affect me as much as it did, but it was difficult to keep things together from hearing that.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #57014 on: July 19, 2011, 04:31:09 pm »

And for a formal happy thing, through my aunt I found out my father bragged about me. I didnt think hearing it would affect me as much as it did, but it was difficult to keep things together from hearing that.
Yeah, when I was coming home my Dad said he's glad I'm coming to the family reunion since he's proud of me and that fact I'm 18 now and in much better standings than most 18 year olds for him.  I have no idea if I'll be able to get online while in Maine so if you don't see me over the next few days you'll know why.

I was also able to talk to my Mom about my big three plans I need to get through with.  It's relieving to tell somebody your obstacles.
Pages: 1 ... 3799 3800 [3801] 3802 3803 ... 13325