Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3789 3790 [3791] 3792 3793 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15802469 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [DOSH] Here's some cash lads grab it while you can. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #56850 on: July 17, 2011, 10:20:26 pm »

You know I had an old pair of boots that started going like that. I remember I kinda cut them up and made them into some odd footless boot things I still occasionally wear. The parts that go around the shins and the stuff I put to wrap a little around the middle of my foot are still in good shape at that.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #56851 on: July 17, 2011, 10:25:47 pm »

You know I had an old pair of boots that started going like that. I remember I kinda cut them up and made them into some odd footless boot things I still occasionally wear. The parts that go around the shins and the stuff I put to wrap a little around the middle of my foot are still in good shape at that.

Like greaves?  That kicks ass.
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #56852 on: July 17, 2011, 10:27:45 pm »

Yeah. I made them since I got into a habit of running around a lot and my balance is shit with shoes on. So that helped protect my still somewhat soft instep and kept my ankles supported. And if I absolutely HAD to I could put on a pair of sneakers to look like I was wearing weird sneakerboots.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56853 on: July 17, 2011, 10:28:31 pm »

Hmm... I think these might be cut slightly too low for that to work, but I'll have to think about it.

Alternatively, my cousin's girlfriend did promise that she'd consider selling me an old pair that goes up to the knees, so I'll keep it in mind for later when those end up going.  If I can get them from her, heheh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56854 on: July 17, 2011, 10:29:25 pm »

To be fair, I have a cousin who looks more adorable than a kitten in her white jackboots.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56855 on: July 17, 2011, 10:34:48 pm »

To be fair, I have a cousin who looks more adorable than a kitten in her white jackboots.

Yeah, but that would work really badly with the rest of my style.  These look more Victorian than military, which means that I can wear them with both "feminine" gear and pants/vest combos.  Gotta remember that these are pretty much the only pair of shoes I use, so I need to keep being pretty picky about utility and so on.

Plus, the day I start wearing white boots is the day when I start giving mud puddles more than passing consideration, and that's not an eventuality I even want to contemplate.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56856 on: July 17, 2011, 10:38:31 pm »

Why do you act like femininity is a bad thing (this was the impression I sort of got here, correct me harshly if I'm seeing this wrong)?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #56857 on: July 17, 2011, 10:39:35 pm »

Plus, the day I start wearing white boots is the day when I start giving mud puddles more than passing consideration, and that's not an eventuality I even want to contemplate.

Hehe... I feel so immature for saying this. But I never outgrew liking to run through mud puddles. Shoes or no. This is why my sister won't go walking with me right after it rains, since likely her jeans will get messy.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56858 on: July 17, 2011, 10:43:07 pm »

Why do you act like femininity is a bad thing (this was the impression I sort of got here, correct me harshly if I'm seeing this wrong)?

No, we act like it's a thing that doesn't really matter all that much.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56859 on: July 17, 2011, 10:44:38 pm »

Hehe... I feel so immature for saying this. But I never outgrew liking to run through mud puddles. Shoes or no. This is why my sister won't go walking with me right after it rains, since likely her jeans will get messy.

I, too, love mud puddles.
That said,
Shoes: mud, eh, whatever.
Barefoot: yays! Mud! Feels good. :D
Socks: oh gods, why am I outside right now, this is horrible.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #56860 on: July 17, 2011, 10:46:46 pm »

Oh man, that's adorable. One of my players thinks they're actually ever going to see that NPC alive again.

EDIT: They clearly haven't realized just how much of a crapsack I've turned the world of Seiken Densetsu 3 into.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:52:17 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56861 on: July 17, 2011, 10:51:09 pm »

Oh man, that's adorable. One of my players thinks they're actually ever going to see that NPC alive again.
Make him meet the NPC just moments before his death at the hands off a clearly out of depth, but slow enough and in a dead end corridor with a door at the end that he can be easily escaped, just to spite him.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #56862 on: July 17, 2011, 10:53:43 pm »

Sorry, can't. The death has to happen offscreen to make any sense (because there are going to be 7 of them at once, among others). Coordinated demons-escaping-from-eternal-prisons and all that. Thank Zeus none of them read this forum.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56863 on: July 17, 2011, 10:54:14 pm »

Other people are welcome to it in all its manifest forms.

I've got my own version, which won't bother with makeup but will bother with plenty of shoepolish, which refuses revealing shirts in favor of buttoned up blouses and sharp vests, skin-hugging blue jeans for loose wool skirts down to the ankles.  No jewelry, but I insist upon my glasses.

I get tired of people trying to tell me how I'm supposed to act and what the "real feminine" is.  I like the skills but not the expected behavioral pattern.  I really hate having men tell me that they prefer women with no arm muscle, because that's how we should be.  You find physically weak women the most sexually stirring?  Well, all right.  But don't tell me what I'm supposed to do, and don't look at me funny.  I'll be getting back to my pushups, situps, and sword drills.

I really don't know that I'd be able to recognize myself if I got excited over purely ornamental sandals.  Something beautiful you can barely walk in?  It'd be cool if I were the sort of person who enjoyed that, but I know myself better than that.  I'd put them on, I'd feel self-conscious of my ornaments, I'd have trouble walking, and then I'd start swearing.  I'd kick 'em off and go barefoot.  That's just the sort of person I am, and I don't have any desire to change it.

I do own and wear some pink clothing, though.

Running through mud puddles is great.  Barefoot or no, I've always had fun with that sort of thing.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #56864 on: July 17, 2011, 10:57:30 pm »

Back on topic, I got Touhou: Sky Arena.
Holy freaking fun. Glorious how the combat is actual intense enough that I don't have to deal with my attention being drawn away by random pantyshots. Nice try developers, I'm not that easily tricked.
Pages: 1 ... 3789 3790 [3791] 3792 3793 ... 13325