Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3773 3774 [3775] 3776 3777 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15809036 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: [DOSH] Here's some cash lads grab it while you can. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #56610 on: July 15, 2011, 02:53:57 pm »

That, and so far as I know Europe tends to use cursive in general.  Since we're also encouraging language courses, it's probably not so good to have to go from print -> cursive in a foreign language.
(UK doesn't have any kind of cursive).
This is why I am currently confused.
Oh well, to wikipedia to find out.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #56611 on: July 15, 2011, 02:59:06 pm »

My blood clotted in the plasma-harvesting device, so I got to get paid 40 bucks without giving up any of my precious bodily fluids.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #56612 on: July 15, 2011, 03:01:26 pm »

My blood clotted in the plasma-harvesting device, so I got to get paid 40 bucks without giving up any of my precious bodily fluids.

You missed out on the part where they inject ice cold saline mixed with your red cells back into your arm. It feels really creepy.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #56613 on: July 15, 2011, 03:03:24 pm »

It's the middle of summer, I take what I can get as far as cooling goes. And it's only room temperature, anyway. Which is rather lower than body temperature, I admit.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #56614 on: July 15, 2011, 04:52:59 pm »

Hmm... Germany's significantly reducing the complexity of their national script, although I'm not so sure about others (UK doesn't have any kind of cursive).
They taught us cursive in school here in the UK. My brother, my sister, my mum, and my dad all learnt it. I know a fair few calligraphers who claim it's an abomination.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #56615 on: July 15, 2011, 04:57:13 pm »

I don't find reading cursive very fun.  When there is trouble distinguishing letters from one another I have a problem, even when I know every letter it's just a pain.  I know kids that wrote in cursive during school got a lot of praise from the teachers for keeping it alive though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #56616 on: July 15, 2011, 05:15:38 pm »

Weird coincidence.  Mundungus (The cat) is going home tomorrow morning.  In a weird twist of circumstance, someone my family knows is moving and needs someone to take care of her Pomeranian until she finds a place, otherwise it has to go to the pound.

Long story short, now I'm taking care of another animal for a while.  Thankfully she's not as yappy as most Pomeranians.  She's pretty cool.
Shoes...

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56617 on: July 15, 2011, 07:50:22 pm »

Got my ass kicked in the LoL tourney. But I am OK with this, because it was a fun asskicking.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56618 on: July 15, 2011, 07:51:04 pm »

A discussion about who would win if the wizards in the Harry Potter series went to war with the humans.
*Hugs*

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #56619 on: July 15, 2011, 08:17:20 pm »

Managed my first successful orbit in KSP. Not a huge achievement but until that last flight I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #56620 on: July 15, 2011, 08:58:45 pm »

Finished A Dance with Dragons. About as good as the others.
Spoiler: Somewhat spoiler-ish (click to show/hide)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #56621 on: July 15, 2011, 09:15:51 pm »

Finished A Dance with Dragons. About as good as the others.
Spoiler: Somewhat spoiler-ish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As to quality... I think AFFC and ADWD are weaker than the others. More disperse, and both feature machete endings.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:33:41 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #56622 on: July 15, 2011, 09:35:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #56623 on: July 15, 2011, 09:45:15 pm »

This chili. Gods, it's delicious and it isn't even done yet.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56624 on: July 15, 2011, 09:46:39 pm »

I'll be completely caught up with my German class--ahead, in fact--and have food stored up for later by the time I sleep tonight.

Tomorrow I'll study Russian and read some books.  I desperately want to read some math.  Topology.  Maybe in a couple of days.

EDIT: Rage transformed to glee:

Quote from: Max White
It's vector, the apocalypse compressed into human form. Help would be like double overkill.

Protip: If you want to get far in these forums, don't ever, ever be racist, sexist or homophobic, because you will be fucking with a force you can not comprehend.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:09:46 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 3773 3774 [3775] 3776 3777 ... 13326