Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3725 3726 [3727] 3728 3729 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760971 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [???] It's like milk you can drink. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #55890 on: July 07, 2011, 02:33:03 pm »

Not so much due to the topic, but the tone of the conversation.
Oh well, I was quite rude myself.

No hard feelings. I was just suprised to see that on page one.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55891 on: July 07, 2011, 02:33:41 pm »

Today has not been a terrible day, thus far.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:18:29 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #55892 on: July 07, 2011, 02:35:14 pm »

My time is worth more than my money; if it isn't worth paying for, it certainly isn't worth wasting my time playing. Thus I really don't pirate games.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55893 on: July 07, 2011, 02:36:26 pm »

Aside from gifted games, everything I have is pirated. Ostensibly it makes no difference to the devs in any case, because I'd never be able to afford them in the first place.
*Hugs*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55894 on: July 07, 2011, 02:37:18 pm »

I only pirate stuff that I either already have (because fuck people who don't have any respect for other peoples' property) or if I can't buy it here. Which is about 90% of the non-steam games because our country apparently has a law that forbids imports of good games :V

Also, chilling out with an awesome book about maths. I like the annotations :D

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55895 on: July 07, 2011, 02:38:40 pm »

The only thing I remember having pirated (games-wise) is Planescape: Torment, because it's so damn hard to come by.
Recieved a few pirated games from friends ages ago.

Nowadays, I simply get my games from Steam sales. Really don't see any need to pirate games.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #55896 on: July 07, 2011, 02:43:15 pm »

Steam sales are indeed pretty awesome. Though not much that really intrests me has been on sale lately, or they do but I already HAVE them.

That summer thing is cool though. Got me 4 more KF characters and a new mini DLC for X3 Terran conflict.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55897 on: July 07, 2011, 02:48:34 pm »

Oh, there's always something interesting, when you look hard enough.
But when you have like 10+ unfinished games, where most come from said sales, you'll try your best to look the other way, when another one starts.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #55898 on: July 07, 2011, 02:51:09 pm »

Kinda where I am. I got some games I haven't been able to play much at all. And other games that keep pulling me back in like Killing floor and X3. And then I really do need to get back to Just Cause 2 and Recettear and Shogun 2 and Frozen synapse and all sorts of other games. It get's silly when you have overly generous friends!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55899 on: July 07, 2011, 03:07:34 pm »

I'm just feeling guilty for not playing all of them. Feeling guilty because of games, how ridiculous.

Now I just need to finish The Witcher, so I can play the sequel (which I had preordered; stupid -10% preorder bonus).
I feel bad for neglecting Terraria, or not having played more than a few hours of Amnesia, not having finished the Overlord Complete Pack (4€!), not having a kick-ass fleet in X3: TC and so on and so on.
Not to mention that I still have unfinished games for my Wii.

On the plus side, I won't be sad about not having games to play, for a long time >.>

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55900 on: July 07, 2011, 03:14:55 pm »

I'm always watching Steam for good deals...

Sure, there are plenty of games that I haven't finished.  Some that I haven't even touched yet.  But then I'll hit a dry spell and nothing good will come out for months...  And I've still got all sorts of new (to me) games to play.

Plus, while I'm busy with these new (to me) games...  The genuinely new titles are getting older, and therefor cheaper.

It's been a long time since I paid full retail price for a game.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55901 on: July 07, 2011, 03:21:22 pm »

everything i know is wrong

also

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:50:11 pm by freeformschooler »

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55902 on: July 07, 2011, 03:27:23 pm »

As for the pirating: my stance stands. I'm not bothered by it too much because I think a lot of the anti-piracy propaganda is overblown, but you're not gonna find me pirating much.

I pirate pretty much every game I play.

If I'm considering purchasing a game I'll typically download the pirate version first, to try it out.  Many games these days don't even ship a demo, those with demos aren't always representative of real gameplay, and I've been burned too many times by crappy games that I paid full-price for.  So I'll download it and try it...  If it's good, I'll purchase.

Frequently, even after purchasing the game, I'll keep playing the pirate version.  Steam games are fine...  Their copy protection isn't generally too annoying...  But some of the other games out there can be a real pain in the ass.  So I'll use the pirate version just so I don't have to deal with all the copy protection.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55903 on: July 07, 2011, 03:42:21 pm »

Speaking of the OP and wanton discussion of piracy.

5. Obey all the fourm rules.

That made me smile.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #55904 on: July 07, 2011, 03:48:14 pm »

Man. This is definitely the place to be discussing how much we break the law, ignoring for the purposes of this post how just that law is. I suppose I'm being a bit of a dick and crashing other peoples' happy, but on the other hand, I feel like it's a) unwise to talk about a crime, however small, in a public place and b) kind of a dick move since you put Toady in the position of either having to moderate your comments out or implicitly condone piracy. Maybe I'm overreacting, I mean it's not like people are posting links to anything, but a discussion about the precise extent to which you break the law and your reasons for doing so just doesn't seem like a good idea for this thread. Even if I happen to think the laws in question are ridiculous, and am in a bit of a dilemma about whether to even make this post or not as a result.

GODDAMN CHIN-NINJAS
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 3725 3726 [3727] 3728 3729 ... 13325